You know you haven't modded in a long time when...

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
You forgot half the parts you have until finally going through random boxes.

You swear you must have more 5mm LED's somewhere because you couldn't have used that many, and can't remember if you actually did.

You have circuit boards that you've lost the instructions on how to use, or build.

Many of your parts for planned mods are 10 - 15 years old.

You wonder how you had the time to mod a bunch of stuff years ago.

Who else can relate to this, or add to the list?

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I can relate to this. I'l occasionally stumble across a little paper bag with a handful of components in it, intended for a build or a modification that got put on the back burner and forgotten about. "Now why did I need a half dozen 4.7k resistors, two .01mfd caps and a 16-pin IC socket?" :confused:

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you see the post about the guy who forgot he had 5 darpa lights in storage? I found $3 in a pair of pants that I hadn't worn in years. Funny thing is they were washed before being put away. Bet they wished they'd checked the pockets.
I claimed 2 giveaways of sizeable modding collections and prepared to sort them and put them in my tackle box. Then as I opened the tackle box, I remembered the tackle box with my parts was stolen. This tackle box was from when I went to school at DeVry technical school 25 years ago. I ended up throwing out half the contents. Got ticked of remembering what had been stolen. Kept a few parts from what I just received and gave the rest to a modder that did some work for me. As if that wasn't enough, he sent everything back to me saying he already had more than he needed.

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a large tackle box full of modder fodder. I need to either use some/all of it or offer it up. :p
There's a lot of stuff I'm keeping (and using over the next couple years), but definitely giving away a some old unused LED's soon. LuxIII's, Rebels, SSC P4's, amber square 4-pin, and a few other random things.

In fact, if anyone's interested in the above mentioned LED's, hit me up. Shipping will be pretty cheap, or possibly free.

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am really getting the itch to build up a light. Probably won't be a flashlight though.

More of an portable area light - just for fun.

I already have so many parts - but still might buy some of the newer LEDs mounted on stars.

gunga

Flashaholic
I still mod. But have so many random spare parts I won't use. The most annoying part is when you stock up on some favourite LED. Then something news comes and is your new favourite LED.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I still mod. But have so many random spare parts I won't use. The most annoying part is when you stock up on some favourite LED. Then something news comes and is your new favourite LED.
I can relate to this. At some point those unused parts become replacement fodder instead of a source of upgrades.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Talking about modding. I pulled out my soldering station only to find out cable casings have rotted cracked. Electrical tape has made cable very stiff and not flexible..
Can anyone suggest an inexpensive alternative to Hakko?
I am viewing mfgr's names like Yihua. Some stations come with hot air system that look interesting.