• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

What improvements would make McGizmo's even better?

Flucero28

Enlightened
re6yqe9y.jpg

A lower low, amongst other modes ; p

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
I had a dream about a McGizmo last night. I had found it in a box, somehow misplaced in the basement. It was an LS27 head with a 3S driver for the main beam, modes spaced about .1, 10, 100 lms, single mode I think for flood beam (didn't actually use that). It was on a 2xAA Clicky Pak. Clicky Pak controlled mode changes on spot beam, loosen head for flood beam controlled on/off via Clicky. At least I think that was the UI. Kinda a mashup of lights it seemed, but it was a very cool light. :eek:oo:

nbjly

Enlightened
Ti tailcap/button w trits
Trit slots on the body - the more the merrier
AA body
Moonlight low-low

Perfect light

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Trit slots on the body
AA body
Moonlight low-low
I'd definitely go for all three of these suggestions, as long as the trits were hidden from my eyes in the fins, like Steve Ku did for the V10R Ti. Three trits hidden in the cooling fins would be perfect.

Flashlight Enthusiast
re6yqe9y.jpg

A lower low, amongst other modes ; p

ya know....you are correct. I never intended to shelf my McGizmo as a queen, but there it sat...

having installed your LE I now
take the McGizmo around and use it all over the place. it is the firefly mode that opened up this light.
yes the super high is cool too but man O man firefly is sooooooo useful to preserve night vision or not
wake all the way up when needing to bump around for things at night.

DTF

Enlightened
AA body

Perfect light

Don already has a AA body for sale. He has recently updated his available list to make this more obvious. Also, the AA and 2xAA bodies have a trit slot (at least that's what I assume they are) I use the 3V 14500 battery (Battery Junction) in the AA bodies and they work great. I particularly like the feel and balance of the 1xAA body (running a 14500 battery of course) with a Haiku head.