WHAT IS THE BEST BURNING LASER TO PURCHASE

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a pen as strong as an arctic that would be very helpful for your task. Have the power of the Arctic but the dexterity of a pen.

It's actually in a wicked laser EVO body. :)

Arilou

Newly Enlightened
I personally don't make lasers with mode selection. I use drivers with a soft start feature, that multi setting drivers don't have. The drivers that I use are especially made for lasers diodes and don't offer more than 1 setting I'm sorry. There is a custom builder that offers this, but I do not agree with many aspects of his builds, and would tend not to recommend his lasers. :p
A low-power mode for aiming, and a high-power mode for cutting/engraving would be rather useful. How difficult would it be to connect two drivers?

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
The custom laser host are made to just fit the intended driver and no more. Some of the flashlight host may be large enough, but connecting drivers wouldn't give you selection of each used. It would disperse the current between the two, making two different rated drivers, one higher current driver. To connect them in a way that one could select a specific one would take even more room for more circuits that just isn't there.

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
uve2ases.jpg

Latest creation. A 2.9w custom MS SSW a host made by a custom host designer and good friend. "sinners secret weapon" really loving this monster host.

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
y5y4a6ag.jpg

Little diffraction grating fun :D

Made this with 3 lasers and some diffraction film.

je7a7usu.jpg

ge4aqabu.jpg

Last edited:

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
javehesy.jpg

Little bit of everything
(forgot my d40avn! Obviously my most used light :) )

Last edited:

GhostReaction

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like those zasers hosts. The custom looks and that purple really pops out.
I ll definitely will contact you when I have enough laser funds.

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
dy4yha2e.jpg

This is a 2.6w MS-Envy.

3uvymape.jpg

Comes equipped with tripod mount. Very handy.

jynuty9y.jpg

Metal tail switch. And the entire body acts as the heatsink. This host is beautifully designed to perform.

Last edited:

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Finally started my own thread.
"Tmack customs "

If you didn't know, this was never my thread.

LEDrock

Enlightened
Hey Tmack! This is my first time asking you a question about lasers.

All these high powered laser pointers seem to take really expensive batteries. Is there any way of making one that has an electrical cord connected to it to enable it to be be plugged into the wall for AC power? That would seem to be able to eliminate short run times and power limits batteries introduce. Sure, it wouldn't be portable like a battery powered pointer, but power could be unlimited, right?

Before anyone here rolls their eyes (assuming this is a dumb question), I'll admit I'm a newb and have owned exactly one 5mw laser pointer, which I no longer have....I broke it trying to increase the power according to instructions found on the internet. :)

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can build some that could be plugged in sure.

But the batteries are no more expensive than a flashlight battery.

The maglite use 26650 x2
$8 a piece.

The zasers use 2x18650
I can even do 1w blues that use 1 18650. $6 battery is fine.

And the duty cycle to keep the high power laser cool will never let a true unlimited run unless it has active cooling. Maglite have been built with fans and tec cooling, but even they need to rest to cool down.

I actually have my own thread now. Tmack customs,
In the laser section.

Because of the title of this thread, I decided to start my own thread :)
I don't want people to think it's all about burning. (although it is fun!)

LEDrock

Enlightened
But the batteries are no more expensive than a flashlight battery.

The maglite use 26650 x2
$8 a piece.

Yikes! To me, that's much higher priced than flashlight batteries! Don't maglights use "D" batteries?

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
But they are rechargeable.
You'll only need 1 set.

What kind of batteries do your flashlights use.

Mine mostly use 18650 's
Which are about the same price.

LEDrock

Enlightened
But they are rechargeable.
You'll only need 1 set.

What kind of batteries do your flashlights use.

Mine mostly use 18650 's
Which are about the same price.

The flashlights I have only use the common household batteries like AA and AAA, although I've had D and C battery lights. Never had one that uses 5 digit numbers or CR123.

Can high powered lasers use AA batteries, or is that just too much of a power requirement? Also, I had assumed your Maglite lasers would use D batteries since that's what Maglite flashlights use normally, unless you do some modifying to the flashlight body to make it accept something else.