What pants do you prefer for adventuring, questing, or even edw?

wolfgaze

Enlightened
I have not tried that brand- it looks similar to the 5.11, which I get issued to me at work.

I used the 5.11 for hiking and casual wear, but find the Prana to be lighter and don't have the heat build up as much as the 5.11 (tac lite pro)

Ah okay... I've never tried/worn 5.11 brand pants.... The Propper pants come in both a Standard (thicker) version, and also a Lightweight version. I wear the Lightweight pairs during the warmer/summer months and the Standard pairs during the Fall/Winter/early Spring....

chaosdsm

Enlightened
****ies Relaxed Fit Straight Leg Double Front Duck Work Pant ****ies item #BDU265

Made with 11.5oz "duck" canvas they are far more tear, cut, & puncture resistant than any denim jeans & some "rip-stop" pants, & for the above scenarios, I don't want anything in cargo pockets moving around all day & eventually rubbing my leg raw... been there done that, not much fun.

As the description implies, they have 2 layers of canvas sewn and riveted onto the front from about the mid-thigh to where the top of an 8" hiking boot should ride for added cut & puncture resistance if you happen to be hiking in rocky areas or through dense hard brush. They're $36 + shipping if ordered from ****ies, but can be found cheaper.

Down side is they are heavier than most jeans & cargo pants, and a bit on the warm side.

Last edited:

waffles45

Newly Enlightened
Nice suggestions guys, I am in need of a "fleet" of EDC pants for hot weather :twothumbs

Going to check out some Deluth pants in person I think - I am always in between sizes (I am like a 30x29 but skinny as a stick, lol)

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
As I mentioned before- for the price (less then $20) the Costco pants are great.

However, when Goruck comes out with their upgraded challenge pant- I will probably get a couple. The material feels great, is comfortable and they last through what you can throw at it. My info comes from people that have them and used them for a while. They are expensive but I am going to splurge on a couple of pairs.

UnderPar

Enlightened
I just had my third pair of 5.11 pants. I feel so comfortable wearing it. Also have 2 pairs of Columbia

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
That $25 price point makes it tough. Nice thing is though that a lot of the brands mentioned here will last for years and years with a little care.

Personally (in no particular order); 5.11 TacLite, Propper Lightweight Tacitcal Pants, Dockers Comfort Cargo D3 Classic-Fit Flat-Front Pant (these have inset zip thigh pockets and I have them starched and wear them as dress pants to work), Duluth Fire Hose work pants

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Cargo Pants, Black.

5.11 Brand are fantastic. Especially if you get them wet. But if you don't want to pay about $75.oo for one pair, LAPG has their branded cargo pants for around $20.oo

You lose the waterproof feature but otherwise it's basically the same quality. Would recommend placing only thin, flat items in the cargo pockets though.

H4ppyB34r

Newly Enlightened
Duluth Flex Firehose most styles.

Im a General Contractor, so the Carpenter or Foreman style work best for me.

i love the foreman, because it has a small pocket inside the front right pocket, and the back pocket half way down your hamstring on the right too. in case anyone is wondering, its fits a 20 and 30 round Pmag securely, as well as AR308 and AICS mags too. I wore one pair for several PRS matches, and it was a convenient way to carry a spare. my Galaxy S8+ fits great too. i like having my "rear" pockets free.

the cargo shorts are Great too, i wear them in thew summer, my phone and wallet go in the cargo pockets with the flaps tucked in, and again, it keeps the REAR clear.

in the last 5 years, i had one pair that busted a seam, and the store replaced them no questions asked, even though i had paint splatter and 2 years of hard wear on them.

ven

Flashaholic
Cargo Pants, Black.

5.11 Brand are fantastic. Especially if you get them wet. But if you don't want to pay about $75.oo for one pair, LAPG has their branded cargo pants for around $20.oo

You lose the waterproof feature but otherwise it's basically the same quality. Would recommend placing only thin, flat items in the cargo pockets though.

Just want to thank you in advance for my soon to be empty wallet, thanks a bunch:nana: Found a shop UK called TacTree, so signed up and ready to use my 10% off 1st order. These 5.11 are just up my tree.
Of late i have a couple of pairs of haglofs which have been excellent. Comfortable, wash well and lots of pockets!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Diluth pants are ridiculously durable. I had two pairs in the 80's that I out grew when I went from a 29" waist to 33" in one year. Back then I cut brush, paved, did concrete work etc and those things were incredible. My oldest son wore them until he outgrew them, then my youngest son and now my wife's youngest son still wears them.

You can add those things to your will and testament along with the cash and jewelry.

For work I wear casual slacks from clearance racks like Lee or Dockers. More room wear it counts. They're usually good for 3-5 summers. For adventure it's canvas pants by Dockers or surplus military pants. In winter it changes to flannel lined jeans by Gander Mountain or Cabellas. Santa brought me 2 pairs of Gander Mountains to replace the two 25 year old pairs. Sometimes Levis 550's get the call for indoor duty or taking classes.
For extreme windy/cold conditions I have some Wrangler fleece lined jeans.

Last edited: