What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got a Zebralight SC53c.

I bought a SC51 several years ago and found it to be a great light except that it would turn on in my pocket so it was disqualified from EDC use. I was recently assured by members of this forum that the switch had been recessed enough that accidental activation was no longer an issue, so I decided it was time to try again.

It's a little chunkier than my SC51, but so far so good.

--flatline

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mateminco MT07vn modified by Vinh Nguyen (Skylumen.com) with White 2 emitters, 5400K. It puts out 7,700 lumens at turn on and 115,000 lux throw. All this running on a single 26650 high drain battery in just a 4.4" length with a 1.7" bezel. I think this is punching well above its weight class!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought an Astrolux S41 w 219c because someone online said the 18650 battery tube would fit my original RRT-01. That was false.

ApI8Rp2l.jpg

FlYPrkjl.jpg

I bought a Copper Tool w eSwitch, because I have one that is a favorite and wanted a backup. I ordered 219c, but received XP-G3. Thats ok, cause I planned to mod the light to 219b either way.

3cCEeMMl.jpg

Monocrom

Flashaholic
SureFire Stiletto

Not the Pro version. I'd happily pay that much and more for a SureFire, and I have. (Several times over.) Just the whole concept of an inaccessible battery bothers me, for that amount. But for around $90.oo, I'll try out the smaller, thinner, lighter version that is only 650 lumens out the front. Just want to see if something radically different from the standard tube shaped tactical light will fit in with my EDC plans.

Left-front pants pocket normally is where I carry my main light clipped to. Knife clipped to my right-front pants pocket. The design of the Stiletto means it might just be ideal for rear-pants pocket on my left side. Freeing up that front pocket for another EDC item. Perhaps a good clip-carried multi-tool? Opens up a couple of other options for carry in that pocket too. All clip-carried items.

I just need one. The other I'll be giving away with other lights and items on a certain YouTube channel to promote an eBay store belonging to, I guess I could call him an acquaintance? It's a tiny bit complicated.

Ermani

Newly Enlightened
Just got a Zebralight SC53c.

I bought a SC51 several years ago and found it to be a great light except that it would turn on in my pocket so it was disqualified from EDC use. I was recently assured by members of this forum that the switch had been recessed enough that accidental activation was no longer an issue, so I decided it was time to try again.

It's a little chunkier than my SC51, but so far so good.

I didn't know Zebralight brand still existed, I haven't seen them in years.

Last edited by a moderator:

archimedes

Flashaholic
I didn't know Zebralight brand still existed, I haven't seen them in years.
Hello and welcome to CPF, @Ermani

Your post above had a link to what is considered a "listicle" and these are often primarily spam/shill sites, so that was removed.

We get a lot of questionable links posted here, especially from new members, and so appreciate your understanding on wanting to keep the discussion areas here free of advertising or related links.

Thank you.

dwong

Newly Enlightened
Surefire E1D, haven't buy any SF for a long time, seem like a nice light for the car.
Seem to be the only one on their site that look cool to me :)

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bought a G2X Pro to see how it would work with a V70 speed draw holster. I purchased the holster for the 6PX, but thought the tension spring would tear the body up with continued use. Well the tension is IMO still too tight, bummer! Gotta figure out if I can lessen the tension up a bit, so it would be easier when using the light.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Pops ... :naughty:

CigarPundit

Newly Enlightened
I can't believe it, but I just scored a Barrel M2JN TAD Edition. I have been checking the TAD site and signed up for the restock notifications, but it was just dumb luck that I happened to hit "refresh" at the right time to get it in my cart and check out in a hurry. Should be on its way to me now.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rofis MR70.

+ it was on sale
+ it has an idiot-proof UI
+ it looks and feels very high qualty
+ it comes with a battery, has built-in charging and can be used as a powerbank.
- it reportedly has high parasitic drain.

Why did I purchase it? ... to give as a Christmas gift. I'll advise the giftee to partially unscrew the tailcap if not using for more than a few days.

daffy

Enlightened
Olight preon arrived today and jetbeam rrt01 not far away.
Okluma DC0 when they ship

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bought today an Armytek Wizard pro warm , I hope I don't regret this purchase.
I have many examples of the "basic" Wizard version which has proved to be an exceptional light.
In 2017 I bought the Wizard Pro but after 24 hours I returned it because it didn't have the promised brightness.
I tried again today hoping to be luckier.

B_lu

Newly Enlightened
I just bought Olight M2R Pro 21700 version, this is my first 21700 flashlight :)

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nitecore TM9K. Because it is capable of briefly unleashing 9,500 factory spec lumens from a single 20700 cell. Of course, I can run it in normal modes for normal runtime.

Modified for improved heat sinking, and max burst lumens to size ratio in its size class.