What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

Sparky's Magic

Enlightened
Most recent purchase:

Dereelight MC-E upgrade kit with a heavy O.P. (selected) reflector to run with 3 x CR123s in a DBS V3 with short extension 1850 tube.

Wonderful Beam Pattern with perfect large hot spot with no rings, artifacts or halos,
just seamless transition from huge hotspot to spill.
I might have got lucky with this set-up; It also has the most attractive tint (warmish)
about 4D maybe! And so much light! :)

bedazzLED

Enlightened
Last light purchased and received was the MG P-Rocket from shiningbeam.com. I thought it would be hard to beat the MG-PLI but this one does. What a great light.

Last light ordered and waiting for is the MG X-Thrower again from shiningbeam.com. Cant wait for this one as I love the MG RX-1.

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just purchased a Fenix TK45. I honestly don't have any particular use for it as I already have that type of light category filled with my much loved Fenix TK40. I just bought it because it was so cool and I've wanted a TK45 ever since I saw it online in the 2010 SHOT Show videos. I also got a great deal on it so I just couldn't resist buying it.

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last LED light purchased: Nitecore SR3

Why: 4sevens garage sale, $40, could not resist.

I was so tempted to grab that one... but it would have been a shelf queen for me so I slowly backed away lol How is the light btw?

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered a Solarforce Skyline II to go with the Skyline I I'm waiting for... because my girlfriend bought it for me! :twothumbs

Monocrom

Flashaholic
One of the last lights I bought was a Pelican 2360 model.

Much respect for the company itself. But this 2AA light is a loser. Very poor quality. Barrel as slick as a wet puppy. Checkering ridiculously shallow. Tailcap switch far too sensative. It's Made in China. But unlike some of my other Made in China lights, especially my Nitecore EZ AA, the 2360 is no where near as good in terms of quality. :thumbsdow

andyw513

Enlightened
The last one I got was a Raidfire Spear from the Marketplace. I got it to add to my own collection of rare/discontinued lights, so, I got it for no purpose whatsoever, lol.

sigh

Newly Enlightened
Quark 1232 NW Tactical.

Discovered this site just after the original NW Quarks where sold out, and have procastinated about 123 vs AA and Tactical vs Std since the announcement. In the end I decided that I wanted something with a different UI and smaller than my Fenix lights.

stallion2

Enlightened
the last one i received was an Ra Clicky early last month...the why? i'm weak...

the last one i PURCHASED was just now from MattK, a Surefire M3LT...the why? i'm weak...

shinbone

Newly Enlightened
E2DDefenderLED 200 lumen version.

Intention was to use the head for my Scout Light to remove the shock isolating bezel that's on there now. After obtaining the E2DL I've decided the light is far too versatile to relegate it to only rifle duty. I've got a Surefire e-light rail mount if I need to toss it on the rifle, but for now the Scout Light will sport a 6P Defender bezel with a Wolf Eyes Q5 P60 LED.

forklift

Newly Enlightened
4Sevens Quark Preon 2, for my Dad. 160 Lumen penlight with easy use and lots of flood.

etherealshade

Enlightened
A Fenix E10 because I was so intrigued by it (and it's turned out to be a nice light; will probably be my new loaner)

A Lux V Surefire U2 off the marketplace, because I've been lusting for one ever since they were introduced years ago, and I finally saw a deal I couldn't pass up any longer.

apfevervictim

Newly Enlightened
Quark Tactical 123/2 with AA, 18650, and 123 bodies, and the Right angle prism reflector and the filter set. Why? Because I could put the prism and red filter on it an have a modern version of the old Military right angle flashlight... (that's what I told myself anyway!) for the tac-vest. Lots of battery source options...

red02

Enlightened
Quark Tactical 123/2 with AA, 18650, and 123 bodies, and the Right angle prism reflector and the filter set. Why? Because I could put the prism and red filter on it an have a modern version of the old Military right angle flashlight... (that's what I told myself anyway!) for the tac-vest. Lots of battery source options...

From what little I understand doesn't the 2x123 head have trouble with 1xcr123 or 2xAAs? My 2x123 doesn't even start with 1xAA...

apfevervictim

Newly Enlightened
The AA body also holds a 14500 (3.7 v Li-Ion), and the 1/123 with a li-ion rechargable is 3.7 , as well as the 18650. They all seem to work fine. I've not run one long enough to drop below 3.0 v though. I guess it would quit working before the batteries protection circuit kicked in at 2.9 v.? Maybe I should test that.

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last led light I bought was a Quark MiniAA Neutral. Wanted to try out one of the neutral Quarks and also get some more uses for the AA eneloops I have.

red02

Enlightened
The AA body also holds a 14500 (3.7 v Li-Ion), and the 1/123 with a li-ion rechargable is 3.7 , as well as the 18650. They all seem to work fine. I've not run one long enough to drop below 3.0 v though. I guess it would quit working before the batteries protection circuit kicked in at 2.9 v.? Maybe I should test that.

If your using the AA body for a 14500, why not just use the 18650 or 17670? Seems redundant to use a Li-Ion in a AA tube if you already have an 18650 tube... The head wont work with 1xAA anyway.

in terms of protection circuits; it depends on what mode you run it. Low drain applications won't trigger the protection at all, I've killed a protected battery that way before. Another hazard is that the voltage rebounds if you don't use the light for a while. Intermittent use can also be deadly to a Li-ion cell IIRC.

Last LED light I bought would be the Inova Microlight. Its not bad, not great either. I'm going to attach it to my pack since its easier to press the switch than the freedom. Plus, I wont be that upset if it gets lost.

Last edited:

Latest posts