What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

3oni

Newly Enlightened
Getting into simpler lights prompted me to finally get off my butt and replace my dedicated truck light, which runs on 1x18650 because that's the battery "ecosystem" with which I'm most comfortable. (I just top it up a couple times a year, along with the rest of my 18650 lights.)

But really, for that use case, lithium primaries are probably best -- and momentary, a dead simple interface, and a shockingly low price on Amazon made the Streamlight ProTac 2L-X a logical choice for glove box duty. :)

Attachments

• protac.jpg
    protac.jpg
    321.8 KB · Views: 107

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
M*g C cell ML with the grenade grip and nice anodizing. Am more into run times now than racing the lumens race. Have sweet custom glass lens with AR coating on it waiting for the lights arrival.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
M*g C cell ML with the grenade grip and nice anodizing. Am more into run times now than racing the lumens race. Have sweet custom glass lens with AR coating on it waiting for the lights arrival.
I bought Mrs Fixer a 2C last Christmas. Put the new type of borofloat from flashlight lens on it. If that's the one you bought you will probably be pleased.

My latest was another warm aaa minimag. I wanted a hat but S&H was more than the hat so I tossed in warm minimag #3 into the cart. Then as luck would have it the battery played out on my ML150 so……into the cart with one of those too. I'm not certain it's the battery so I figure if it isn't that I'll have a spare and Maglite will fix what is actually malfunctioning.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix PD36 Tac

First Fenix light with a decent UI in a long time. It has two light modes like the old Fenix lights used to.
Not perfect as it's still missing a mode always starting with the lowest brightness level as well as a real Low brightness level but everything else looks really good.

krypton king

Newly Enlightened
We are Flashaholics. Let's face it, out of all our lights, we will really only use a maximum of 3 of them, and the rest will just collect dust. Why do we add to our collection? Are we bored? Want to out-do the co-worker? Are we explorers? Do you feel you have to catch up with today's current bulb? Or do we just need a new toy?

I'll start and say the last flashlight I had purchased was the Ra Twisty 85-TR. I love the quality that Ra offers. I purchased the light because of the red low. Also for the durability. But the main reason I jumped on this light is because it is discontinued, and I do not want to say "what if" in the future. This light would classify as one of my toys, but a very dependable toy at that. Whether I need to use it as a kubaton or use it as a backup to my QAA on 14500.

What is your reason? Excuse? lol
MagLite ML300L (2 D cell). Feels great holding it yet still big enough to hit someone (slimmer, lighter and shorter than the old 2D). Plenty bright at 524 lumens.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am actually trying to slowly build up a NEW collection. I went on vacation for 2 months about 2 years ago and came home to find my back door smashed open and A LOT OF THINGS GONE. They did not get ALL my lights but they got away with enough of everything else. Now that I am a bit older I appreciate solid run times and reliability. Not going to buy up the biggest lumen lights unless they have very impressive run time capability. Hence M*g. I wish M*g would also offer their newer 1000 lumen ML300L 4 D cell as well as their 6 D cell ML300L with the outstanding ML LX package.

chip100t

Enlightened
Just ordered a cheap energizer single cell cr1234a torch to drain any remaining energy from batteries that have served their purpose in my new surefire defender.

Will use it when chasing my dog around the back garden trying to get him to come in before bed.

cbxer55

Enlightened
Talk about collecting dust. Bought a Fenix PD 36 TAC last week. In the package was a flyer for the Acebeam E70. So the light I bought with a 3000 lumen Turbo mode is being replaced tomorrow with a light that the review says hits 5300 lumen. In one week the Fenix is relegated to the dust bin. AH, I'll put it out in my garage in place of the old Olight M30 that was relegated to that duty some years ago as well.

3oni

Newly Enlightened
I picked up an Elzetta Alpha gen.2 (A113) to complement my 2-cell Malkoff MD2. I love the interface on these guys, with the hi/lo ring in the MD2's head and the hi/lo tailcap on the Alpha.

Attachments

• elza3.jpg
    elza3.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 78

lumenati

Newly Enlightened
A Foursevens Mini Turbo Mk II. Which just arrived today from South Korea. I am a Foursevens kind of guy and I really miss their style, their quality and their cutting edge flashlight technology. Even four years after closing up shop, David Chow's flashlights are still competitive, even in today's market.

cbxer55

Enlightened
Do you own a Honda CBX?
I've owned two of them in the past. A silver 1979 model from 1984 to 1988. And a silver 1981 model from 1991 to 2006. Currently own a silver 2006 Suzuki M109R (in the rest of the world it's M1800R) and a black 2008 Suzuki B-King.

hsa

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm too old to ride one now but if I had it I would just go start and listen to it. Amazing bike. I just watch the videos of it on you tube, they are made so people can just listen to the sound they made.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Last one was an hour ago.
Decided to try something new.... Cosplaying as a specific character from Resident Evil 2 Remake (specifically The Ghost Survivors DLC) on my YouTube ASMR channel. A fun treat for my subscribers. Finding his outfit was easy. Most of the game's weapons have real-world counterparts that are spot-on. And fake plastic or rubber props. are available. Though since this will be on YouTube, the only real one I can showcase is the Ontario M9 bayonet (combat knife in the game). But the real ones have a much more pragmatic and less aggressive spine. All of the Ghost Survivors encounter it at some point during their run.

The flashlight was the biggest problem. It's really not the same one used by Leon or Claire during the game's canon play-through. The head is just a bit smaller in diameter, and the length of the barrel just a bit shorter in the hands of the Ghost Survivors. Getting a good look at it is the main problem. But I stumbled onto a video on YT showcasing a run-through of every character in the DLC. It was Katherine Warren's use of her revolver with the flashlight in the darkened R.P.D. parking garage that gave the clearest look. The recoil caused the revolver and flashlight to flip just enough to reveal the truth....

Maglite ML50L 3C LED version in Black. Honestly, pausing the footage at the right moment, I could clearly see Maglite's traditional white lettering (bit blurry) around the bezel. Along with the shape of the head, and the length of the barrel in relation to her hand holding the flashlight. Plus, the characters do seem to flip the light into their hands and activate it one-handed with an unseen side switch. (Although yes, it does look as though the light has a very wide, smooth, black rubber, mostly recessed tailcap switch; which none of them ever press).

So that is as absolutely close as you'll get to the real-world equivalent of the flashlight they all use. And yeah, they all seem to magically pull it out of thin air. Still, if you're going to cosplay; do it right. If exact props don't actually exist, find the ones as close to 100% accurate as possible. (Even bought a Maglite black nylon double open-ended belt pouch specifically made for the ML50L line of lights.)

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Armytek Predator pro v3 in warm. I got it at a good price at discount & so far its a very nice light. Potted driver, double o-ringed, square threads, deep throwy reflector and thermally regulated. Bezel is steel too which is a detail often overlooked by other makers. Main reason however was the "programmable" head twist interface. Tint is pleasantly neutral too, with only a hint of yellow close up.