What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

ArmyMedicDad

Newly Enlightened
Solarforce Skyline I (two weeks ago) - because I was looking for my first thrower and this was being offered on eBay for $27 plus free shipping.

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
SureFire A2 RED.

I wanted a light with a red low, for poking around the campsite after dark, and stargazing. Missed out on the last of the RA 85Trs, and honestly, always thought the A2 was just too cool :cool:.

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm. I'll go through the last few.

Eiger HA lvl 4 - I love peaks, and needed a keychain light

Mac's EDC SST-50 - I've been wanting to see what all the love for this light was about first hand. (it's all true btw)

McLuxIII PD - Uhm...I love McGizmo's and have an impulse problem.

brainy1000

Newly Enlightened
I think half the fun is waiting for it to come in the mail haha!

I do agree, but in my case, when it is an imported item, I never know... will be my light taxed or not?

Anyway, my last LED was a Surefire 6P Led, brand new, SF batteries included. My first and probably the only SF model, not because I'm not satisfied with it (a great product indeed!), but because they are very expensive in my country, and directly importing them is not allowed by the manufacturer.:shrug:

burpee

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered a Magic Shine 900 5-mode bicycle head light.

I hope it matches the hype I've heard from other cyclists.

m3flies

Banned
a ra clicky tactical 170. already have the eagletac T20C2, fenix PD30R2, which was my first LED. Two Quarks,123R5 regular and a 123mini. Finally decided to take a step up and try the clicky.

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ra Clicky custom, 100 lumen high CRI with a smooth bezel, flush switch, and Executive programming.

jellydonut

Enlightened
I just ordered a few Zebralight H31/H30 headlamps - it's the only category of light I am missing. I've got a cheap plastic one on my keychain, my MD2 as EDC, my Wildcat and the incoming Hound Dog for anything requiring more illumination.. So headlamps it is.

Putting this one on my head or clipping it in my pocket should be really practical. The MD2 was great for my workplace in terms of lighting but I missed a low mode and hands-free operation.

Blaidd Drwg

Newly Enlightened
The last LED light I bought was an or an LED my mum bought me was an Inova White I love it cost a pretty penny tho.

Last edited:

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
Within the last month, most recent first

RA Clicky 170T
RA Clicky 100 High Cri
RA Twisty 140E
Lummi Wee SS

I did sell a fair few lights to get these but Im pretty happy these will keep me going for a while, still get the urge to spend too much time on this damned forum :devil:

Last edited:

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
Within the last month, most recent first

RA Clicky 170T
RA Clicky 100 High Cri
RA Twisty 140E
Lummi Wee SS

I did sell a fair few lights to get these but Im pretty happy these will keep me going for a while, still get the urge to spend too much time on this damned forum :devil:

wow three Ra lights in a month. That makes me feel better since I only bought two, the 140 clicky and the High CRI... (I'm still in denial about this adiction) :devil:

HorseFilms

Newly Enlightened
Just ordered a Mini AA Warm because I love my Mini AA Cool so much and I think the warm tint will look great in a short film I'm shooting.

(okay, that's just how I'm rationalizing the new toy purchase)

recDNA

Flashaholic
Masterpiece Pro-1 Head with an L2p. I wanted an L2p and I wanted a thrower so 2 birds with one stone. I have absolutely no practical use for it. I'm a sick man.

TorchMan

Enlightened
Nothing as impressive as what I've seen listed on this last page. About a year ago I bought a rechargable headlamp from The Sportman's Guide. It was advertised as 130 lumens for the white light. It's not anywhere close but that doesn't bother me. It's probably around 60 lumens, just eyeballing it against the HDS U60. Plenty bright for my uses.

It also has two green LEDs for long runtime. I use them for reading before bed. The light weighs only about an ounce, so it's comfortable. It adusts up and down and holds well once set. The runtimes on both the white and the green are probably shorter than advertised, but quite sufficient for my tasks.

After living without power for a week and a half after a hurricane, my not having a dedicated headlamp was a glaring ommision in the collection. Oh, I had headbands that I could put some of my lights in, but they were not comfortable and the adjustment factor was almost nil.

All in all, for about 30 bucks with shipping, this headlamp has been well worth it. I don't know if HDS ever produced that Holy Grail/Vaporware/Unobtainium headlamp that used to be always on the horizon like a questing beast, but that would be a great candidate for my next pricier purchase. And being here gets the flashaholic blood boiling again, believe me. As Dale Gribble said: I'm weak, Hank... :cool: