What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

kwb1959

Newly Enlightened
The first light I purchased was a Fenix L2D CE Q5. I gave this light to my wife's brother in the Philippines. I then purchased a Surefire L1 (newest version10/65), which I keep in the Yaris glove compartment. I also purchased another L1 for my son. The next purchase was a Malkoff drop-in for my friends Maglite 4D. I really needed a nice EDC, and after reading numerous reviews and opinions here on CPF, I decided on the 47's Quark AA Tactical R5. I really love this light. I carry it with me everywhere I go. Now I'm deciding on whether to purchase a Surefire G2X Pro or Tactical...

njet212

Enlightened
Just got new RRT-0 with infinite brightness. Actually I have said enough to myself to get more light, but this thing has infinite variable brightness using magnetic control and I don't own any similar lights.

Makes me curious with that UI and can't resist temptation.. So I made excuse to myself and get the new RRT-0 :D

Mike89

Enlightened
TK40. Don't really need anymore lights after buying this one. It has everything I need and want in a light.

Markous

Newly Enlightened
I had to get a new light to replace the lightly used TK40 i gave to my parents at x-mas.

So i went and bought the next best thing the TK35 :eek: also had to splurge and get 3 sets of 18650's to go with it (i don't want to be caught short handed) and the wf-139 charger.

Now i just have to figure out :thinking: what light to get so i can use the 70+ AA Energizer ultimate lithium's i bought to go with the TK40.

Last edited:

dneedham

Newly Enlightened
My "last" LED light was also my first light. I've been lurking on CPF for a few months and decided to get my feet wet with an ITP EOS A3, Upgraded, Cree R5, 96 Lumens.

Why this light? I've been reading, reading, reading, but am still deciding what I really want. Like the old carpentry adage of "measure twice, cut once", I prefer to educate myself and "buy once". I couldn't wait anymore though - I need a shiny new gadget. I'm not ready to spend a lot of money on bigger lights, but I knew I wanted an EDC so I started there. I compared the A3 against the 4Sevens Preon ReVO. The A3 was cheaper ($19 vs $47), had a few more lumens (96), and had good reviews on CPF.

I'm only considering AA and AAA lights. I also bought a pack of Eneloops to run it.

I'm quite happy with the A3 - it's tiny yet gives my 5D Brinkman incan beater a run for its money. Though I may still get a ReVO just for kicks. (Oops, I guess that's "educate once, buy twice"?
grinser2.gif

jgreen71

Newly Enlightened
Just picked up a 4sevens miniX123 to keep my keys company ( possibly the best thing i have ever bought) & 4sevens Maelstrom S12
Both very nice lights

Teobaldo

Newly Enlightened
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Ultrafire C1: It functioned well, but suddenly began to diminish the shine and one must give him a blow so that operate as corresponds. It should have somewhat loose, but as itself not the head is disarmed I cannot know what is (I am neither expert in electronics). [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Romisen RC-A4: Very good, is firm and small, lights enough. The unique bad thing is that only has Highly, Medium and Strobe (the Low way lacks him). But by the price I consider it a true gift. Soon the Tenergy charger will arrive me with batteries and I will see how is performed with them. Time ago that I want to enter the world of the RCR123.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]I believe that I will buy another Romisen to replace the Ultrafire.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Both flashlights I bought them to replace the Fenix TA21, LD20 and LD10 that use in my bicycle, not because i they like not, but because in the event that they steal it me lose not so much money.[/FONT]

akajimmy

Newly Enlightened
I just purchased a nitecore ife1. I like the adjustable ring and the bezel down clip. I needed an EDC, since I lost my PD20 and I gave my brother my 4 sevens quark AA2 tactical, I needed a new light.

Andrew M.

Newly Enlightened
2 pk of newer Rebel led Maglite , Costco has the for $29 w. batteries. 1-2xAA mini and a 3xD cell MAG. The 2xAA mini is almost as good in output as my Fenix L2T. For the price they are a good buy , made in USA[emitter I guess is not] Keep the 3 D cell under the bed, still a good night stick.

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still waiting on a Mac's Customs Ti Tri EDC Neutral and an HDS Rotary - but just ordered a Zebralight SC30W. Why? Because I love the SC51W and SC60 that I already own, and wanted a REALLY small light with that same cool UI.

LumensMaximus

Enlightened
Jetbeam TC R2 - Because i've been bitten by the cool looking titanium bug...:party:
Sunwayman VR10 - Same thing :thumbsup:

McGizmo AA Ti Pak - Even though I'm a CR123 fan, I do live in a hurricane prone area and should have a back up to my D10 Nitecores. :grin2:

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a used LumaPower M1 Hunter (Rebel) from a fellow CPFer. I lost my original M1 Hunter (Cree) and just missed it so much. It was my favorite "go to" light. Dropped in a fresh AW protected 18650 and haven't looked back.

enki_ck

Newly Enlightened
The last flashlight I received was the DQG Tiny AAA. Why did I "need" it. It was TINY. :devil:

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the last five weeks I have purchased in order.
1. Jetbeam RRT-0 Great light love it
2. Jetbeam RRT-3 My best thrower by far
ThruNite Scorpion Still waiting
4. Armytek Predator Like it a lot good little EDC thrower
5.Elektro lumens EDC-MCE WOW Best EDC (on the bigger side)
6.Elektro lumens EDC-XML On its way I just had to have it after I was so into the MCE.

I would just like to add that the Elektro lumens EDC-MCE is one of the best general lights I have ever owned. We do a lot of bush walking at night and I find that this light for it's size just lights up the track in front of you like day.

I use this light and have my RRT-3 thrower hanging around my shoulder ready for when I need the thrower for drop bear spotting. It's that good my wife is always asking to use the EL MCE so we end up fighting over it. So I told her I will order another one she agreed (sucker) and I ordered the XML instead lol.
The wife just does not understand she keeps saying how many torches do you need? EL Blaster NG next just will need to wait awhile or I could end up single.

Last edited: