What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

Lighteous

Enlightened
I just ordered a Quark 123-2 X and a Quark AA-2 X. Before going out on a girls night out, my wife and her friend decided that they should take my Quark 123-2 XP-G R5 for "just in case" reasons. This is the woman that rolls her eyes and tells everyone that my flashlight "obsession" is evidence of mental illness. Anyway, my wife's friend lost my Quark! Lost it! Obviously I had to replace it. So after reading Selfbuilt's review of the new XM-L models, and being undecided about which one to get, I did that which is in the CPF credo--I ordered both!

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
That it is! I saw a thread about it here back in 2008 where someone posted that they were surprised the light didn't get more attention from the CPF community. I am of the same opinion. I ordered it with both the quick release belt attachment, and a blue task light (whih seems to be a low output blue LED).

Have you used the belt clip on it much? How do you find it?

They are great lights. Would love to see the emitter swapped out with an XML in my Blue/Red one.

Ordered a JetBeam RRT3 XML today with all the extras. My TM11 needed a playmate.
May try mounting it to a Beretta CX4 Storm just for jits and shiggles.

Bloke

Newly Enlightened
What was the last LED light I purchased, and why?

I'll start with the "why" first

I'm subscribed to various newsletters, one of which is from 4sevens

They sent me an email announcing the new quark mini x 123

I went and had a look, and then did some researching on the XM-l LED

One of my gripes about most of my current lights is the highly focussed hot spot with only basic flood

The Quark mini x sounded like it hit a home run for me as far as a LOT more flood as the things I use my EDC flashlights for mostly require close up work. Throwy beams arn't great.

So I placed an order for my very first 4sevens light..and added a 10 pack of 123's ..and also tried to add a Preon Revo, only to discover they are discontinued :(
So I settled for a Fenix E05 instead

I've been carrying the Quark mini X for a few weeks now and it's is without a doubt the most useful and pocketable light I've ever owned

I love it!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Anyway, my wife's friend lost my Quark! Lost it! Obviously I had to replace it.

The very next time you see your Wife's friend, no matter what she has on . . . casually mention that outfit kinda makes her look fat.

No, it won't make you even. You'll be ahead. :devil:

jackblack

Newly Enlightened
the last light i bought is led under car kits,very shine effect on the car.
purple1.jpg

Ishango

Enlightened
I ordered a Xeno E03 XP-G R5 yesterday after reading some reviews about it and seeing it's budget price. No I hope it ships quickly so I can see for myself. lovecpf

Last edited:

v188

Newly Enlightened
Malkoff MD2 with high/low. Going to stick in either a 60 or 61 from Malkoff in it.

Rawhide

Newly Enlightened
SolarForce L2T with SS Bezel and Pocket Clip (removed the combat grip and replaced with plain spacers). Why? Compatible with SureFire. Its fun playing flashlight lego. Hehe

6237245464_bced91b866.jpg

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since my TN11 hasn't arrived yet, I guess it can be described as "one" of the last ordered. BUT, I hit the order button again this AM on a SWM V10R as my new EDC when it arrives. I also ordered another EDC size light, but won't mention it cause I don't want to hear a "What Are You Thinking, Haven't You Done Your Homework?". So we'll see how that one goes when it arrives!

na1lb0hm

Newly Enlightened
Well, This is probably the best place for my first couple of posts, because this will be where I will be found most of the time... after months of saying my wallet cannot afford to be a member of CPF, I bit the bullet and joined up. Second to none information and community here!

The last TWO Led lights I purchased were:
a streamlight super tac x - I wanted to venture in "thrower" territory. Very impressed with the distance the beam will go.

just bought (anxiously awaiting delivery I should add) a fenix tk30 - Got a smoking good deal on it, and even after not much was mentioned on CPF, I decided to take the plunge...
Why? because again, just getting into the thrower section of lights and have always been very impressed with what I have read regarding Fenix.

Gravediggaz

Newly Enlightened
just got my Sunwayman M10R....I'm loving it! I highly recommend this flashlight...bought it because I heard so many good things about it its all true

Diablo_331

Enlightened
Oveready triple xpg in a neutral tint... Because it's straight ballin'!! Lol I had to say it.

davyro

Enlightened
I got what i've always wanted a HDS not only that i always wanted the Ra Clicky but when i saw a 200 lumen rotary HDS i just had to take the plunge
so i bought a HDS Ra R1S-200 i couldn't really afford it at the time but thats what being an addict is all about.:shrug:

wagnerone

Newly Enlightened
Just last week purchased, received and am enjoying a new Maratac AAA.

What I appreciate:

1) small size and light weight
2) 3 way
3) "anti-roll" pocket clip
4) will stand upright on it's own for hands-free room illumination
5) single-hand operation

What I don't appreciate:

1) medium, low, high switch sequence.

I will have to search for a reasoning behind that because it is beyond me why that sequence would be chosen as a design decision over low, medium, high.

Other than that one minor squabble, I'm totally digging it.

Also recently picked up a Fenix E21. Pretty pleased with that light too.

Mike

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Just last week purchased, received and am enjoying a new Maratac AAA.

What I appreciate:

1) small size and light weight
2) 3 way
3) "anti-roll" pocket clip
4) will stand upright on it's own for hands-free room illumination
5) single-hand operation

What I don't appreciate:

1) medium, low, high switch sequence.

I will have to search for a reasoning behind that because it is beyond me why that sequence would be chosen as a design decision over low, medium, high.

Other than that one minor squabble, I'm totally digging it.

Also recently picked up a Fenix E21. Pretty pleased with that light too.

Mike

Many individuals use Med. as their Do-Everything setting. (I know I do.) Thus, it makes sense for that to be the first mode. Low is for those usually not as common for many folks lighting chores where a lower setting would be best. High is there for the even rarer times that output is needed over runtime. The sequence is based on likely uses for the majority of buyers.

If you need Low, but want to maintain night-vision, place the bezel against your body; and just give it two quick twists.

If you prefer L/M/H, there's the Maratac's twin; the iTP A3 EOS that has that sequence.