What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

awyeah

Enlightened
Last one I *received* was my foursevens Mini-ML XP-G2, to replace a Fenix E15 on my keychain (the Mini-ML is brighter and has a little better throw). In the mail, I have a Nitecore MT2A and an EC1. Also a whole boatload of AA Eneloops, obviously. :)

wilbur

Newly Enlightened
New here. Last night I bought 2 4/7s lights. Mini MA high cri from Survival-Pax & Mini M2A from 4/7s website.
I've got several Preons that I'm happy with & I think I'm really liking these smaller lights better than,say, a larger light such as my Fenix LD20 or my old standby, Maglite 3-D.

awyeah

Enlightened
New here. Last night I bought 2 4/7s lights. Mini MA high cri from Survival-Pax & Mini M2A from 4/7s website.
I've got several Preons that I'm happy with & I think I'm really liking these smaller lights better than,say, a larger light such as my Fenix LD20 or my old standby, Maglite 3-D.

:welcome:

I really like small lights myself, the 1xCR123A form factor is great. One thing to watch though - you will want bigger flashlights if you want greater runtimes or more throw. Like the Fenix TK41, which is my current favorite thrower.

buds224

Enlightened
Just ordered x5 Thrunite Ti bundle. It's my second set. I'm strangely addicted to this light. Price is right, performance is great, especially coming from a AAA light. I hope this next set cures my addiction to it.

tallyram

Newly Enlightened
I snagged an Armytek Predator V2. I've been wanting this light for a while to compliment my P60 XM-L lights. Found a nice "black friday" deal that I couldn't pass up. I really like the throw this guy produces, but I really enjoyed playing with all of the programming options. Very nice light!

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
HDS Tactical 200 Olive Drab Clerakote-Because....and its better than I was led to believe!
HDS Executive Clicky 120-Maybe better than the 200,better throw and a lot less expensive!
Zebralight SC80-Can use AA or CR123 with no external changes and has long run times too.

I can stop anytime,it just doesn't seem likely.

pwhite87

Newly Enlightened
Latest arrivals were two Klarus XT1As. After extensive research I decided that this light would be perfect form in all factors to be my fathers first light. He was amazed when he saw the Klarus XT11 and grew quite fond of it. After playing with it a while he said it was a bit big to be carrying around all day every day. I was researching smaller potential EDCs for myself and pulled the trigger. I'm thrilled with the XT1A and more importantly, my father hasnt left the house without his!!! I think he may be joining CPF sooner than later...lovecpf(sniff, sniff, I'm so proud!)

fdr2164

Newly Enlightened
About 3-4 weeks ago my old lead-acid Cabelas spotlight went belly up. So I started researching flashlights on the web. The more I learned the more obsessed I became. I spent hours/days/weeks reading reviews, watching videos and following CPF threads. Then Black Friday arrived!

Bad, bad timing! I purchased an Olight M20S, Sunwayman M11R, Fenix LD22, Dorcy Diehard 4xAA, ITP A3 EOS and several Thrunights (T20, T10, & Ti)

Oh yes, I did buy a Thrunight TN31 to replace my old spot.:laughing: I am still waiting for RCR123s for the Sunwayman & T20.

I should be done, but I am hooked:)

NickBose

Enlightened
Let me know how you like this light!!
Eagle Eye Super bright Mini 2.8A HAIII 1x18650 CREE XM-L T6 CW/NW LED flashlight
Like: beautiful neutral tint, smooth hotspot no donut, bright maybe about 600 lumens, compact
Don't like: a bit floody, switch stiff and not reliable (often 3-4 attempts before mode changes), knurling too soft, output looks lower than advertised, gets warm quickly (to be expected)
Overall: 6.5/10

martindb

Newly Enlightened
I've just placed an order with LEDFIRETORCHES for 1x ArmyTEK Predator, 1x Balder BD-2, 1x Nitecore MT26 and 1x Icon Rogue 2.

As for a reason - I really don't have a good one. I just love knowing I've got a light (or 4) coming in the post.

These are the last I'll buy this year and should be the last I buy for a while as I pay off the huge credit card bill I've built up in the last few months buying far too many unnecessary torches

violatorjf

Newly Enlightened
Just got a AA Rayovac Indestructible. I saw them on Amazon for $30 and thought they were overpriced, but when I was at Home Depot I saw them for only $15. Decided to get one, not a bad light. Nothing amazing as far as output or runtime but definitely seems as though it could take some serious abuse. Never mind adding a good reliable light to the collection...

rocketsurgeon01

Newly Enlightened
I bought two this week: A Streamlight Protac EMS to give away as a holiday gift and a Streamlight Protac 1L to use up the remaining fuel left in the CR123As that I use in my other lights.

Last edited:

jbrett14

Enlightened
Just ordered x5 Thrunite Ti bundle. It's my second set. I'm strangely addicted to this light. Price is right, performance is great, especially coming from a AAA light. I hope this next set cures my addiction to it.

I guess I am not alone then. I too am "strangely addicted to this light". I recently purchased 20 of them.

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess I am not alone then. I too am "strangely addicted to this light". I recently purchased 20 of them.
They're neat tiny lights. Just found out the Ti version 2 are out. They use XPG-2 instead of the XP-E leds.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Just picked up the TK75 and TK22.

I've always respected Fenix lights and have rarely been disappointed.

I owned a TM11 and after picking up the Niteye-30 got rid of it because the performance was pretty much duplicated but with better throw.

Although larger, I decided to skip the TM15 and just hold out for the TK75. I'm glad that I did because the performance of the TK75 is will probably double the throw readings of the TM15.

Always fun to get new lights in the arsenal! :)

jbrett14

Enlightened
They're neat tiny lights. Just found out the Ti version 2 are out. They use XPG-2 instead of the XP-E leds.

What are your thoughts on that? I don't see how this little light can get any better, as far as the quality and brightness of the output. How would the XPG-2 improve it?