What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Month of October

<Deep Breath>

Zebralight SC52w: missed my SC51 and felt tint issues had worked out (won the tint lottery on it btw)
Surefire EB1: wanted to check out and interested in a little pocket thrower
Mr. Bulk Lion Cub CPF LE: wanted to check out with the intention of having some upgrades done - they turned out good :D
Oveready/Surefire Lego: needed a P60 host
Surefire M1 modded with A2 head: a modded Surefire, it's small and bright! (would like to change the boot cover to a hardpress)
Muyshondt Aeon: picked 3 up - 1 mint natural HA and 2 modded Ti's (these are my weakness)
McGizmo LS20 modded: my grail light - I shouldn't have but could not pass it up again (previously missed out on it)

Jtoler_9

Newly Enlightened
Just bought a Fenix PD35 yesterday. It willbe the most expensive light I have purchased. I wanted to get something dependable with decent features. So far so good.

ven

Flashaholic
Bought a good few in last couple of weeks,last one was a xeno S3A V2 ,reason was it was too good a deal not to:D and surpassed my expectations considerably,its awesome for a small edc..........

TooDamFast

Newly Enlightened
Olight S15.
After 6+ years of only using one light, a Fenix P1Dce, I wanted a change. The P1D still works great but the S15 has it beat in many ways.
AAs are easier to come by.
The twistie was hard to turn on with one hand.
No moon light mode on the P1D
No memory on the P1D
No Pocket clip (my biggest complaint as the lobster claw would get snagged on my pants and not let go).

I had a hard time deciding between a single AA or a double AA light. Lucky for me, the S15 lets me have both.

ooFlea

Newly Enlightened
Armytek predator v2.5..
Already have a partner c1 and love it want something with a Lil more balls ;)

scarfinger68

Newly Enlightened
I have been using a Fenix TK10 for 5 years now. I wanted an upgrade or something new, more functional for everyday use, and smaller. Something with low modes but with the capability of high output if needed. Something I could put in my pocket and carry with a clip.

I decided on the Quark Pro QP2L-X with Burst Mode. The only thing I miss is the forward clicky style button for momentary on. But forward clicky is more tactical and I did want EDC function.

I love the low modes and the tail-stand. I wore my light to work, used the bathroom and turned out all the lights. Tail-stood the light and used 5 lumen mode. Took care of business. It was great :)

fizzwinkus

Newly Enlightened
just bought a sunwayman c21c, aw imr 18650, and appropriate charger.
this will replace a sunwayman m30r, and jet beam rrt01, with 830lm on high, and 15lm red on low.

that is until cryos gets his function flashlight up and running... ;)

BOHAWG

Newly Enlightened
I just received the Zebralight SC600 II L2 for EDC.... Carried the Original SC600 for several years, but I'm glad I made the purchase! :thumbsup:SUPER light! I work in a lot of remote locations and I need lots of output from a small dependable light....

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
A Fraz Labs Qzark QTC 26650. It is my first custom light! I also just found a merchant selling a discontinued Fenix TK20 with a yellow handle. Have been wanting one for a while!

billacorn

Newly Enlightened
Surefire G2X Pro at Walmart yesterday for $69. Was surprised to see Surefire light and 123A batteries at Walmart. For some time I had been thinking of getting a more powerful flashlight that could be quickly turned on to carry when walking in my yard at night. The one I carried was a C Crane Trek Light with twist head switch. Early this summer I was out and saw movement near me; after several seconds getting the Trek Light turned on I saw a skunk about 6 feet away. A week or so later I saw one maybe 20 feet away. A light that can reach out farther will be handy, as well as one that can be turned on more quickly when I get used to the different holding position and operation of the tailcap switch. I was considering ordering a Fenix LD22 or PD35 from Amazon but had read here and elsewhere about several others, including the G2X and the Fury.

Razzle

Enlightened
Received my Zebra SC52 pocket torch yesterday, wanted something tiny.

And ordered a Jetbeam RRT01, wanted to try out the twisty UI......and, I'm a RRT (registered respiratory terrorist!), seemed fitting.

exsion

Newly Enlightened
Ordered the Malkoff MD2 with low/high switch. Wanted a simple flashlight that could run off a single 18650 with a low and high setting for general usage. It's been through a lot already in the past few months, being accidentally dropped on the ground several times, banged around. It's still going strong with no signs of stopping.

cerbie

Enlightened
HDS EDC Clicky w/ HCRI Nichia 219. Right on the heels of wait times appearing to have become reasonable (for Clicky models, at least), it's available for only $20 more than the standard model. I can't very well turn that down, now, can I?

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
HDS Rotary 200. Ordered it on Halloween.

(Can't wait.The day I get my new light,I'll be pacing in front of my mailbox..waiting.)

samer0214

Newly Enlightened
I bought 2 Surefire 8NX Commander, both brad new on the box with 2 batteries each, and their respective chargers. I know it's a discontinued model with no replacement batteries from Surefire, but the price was right, and I needed something to experiment with. My plan is to swap out the bulb for an LED equivalent.

troelskc

Newly Enlightened
Zebralight SC52 - nice device for EDC. So small with a lot of punch when using a 16340 Li-Ion cell.