What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

ven

Flashaholic
Just purchased a TK50 for a new work flashlight.It will replace a T7 which is quite battered now from being dropped more times than i can remember............
I wanted a decent light that runs alkalines which are free in work.Being a 2d the life should be good on the high(120lm),the anti roll head(T7 rolled more than a ball)is a big + as it is rested on machinery to light up parts i am working on inside .

SlipperTip

Newly Enlightened
Just bought my first proper light which was a Christmas prezzie to myself.

A Sunwayman D40A which i am in love with. Debated between it and the Nitecore EA4 but everyone seemed to rate the D40A as the better quality light from what I read. I also managed to get it at a bargain price for the UK where we seem to pay extortionate prices compared to the US. Must look into that emigration...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

SEMIJim

Enlightened
LumaPower Signature Standard. Because I've been wanting one ever since they came out and because Battery Junction had it on sale for a killer price :)

Jim

Stainz

Enlightened
I just hit evil-bay for a S-F Titan T1a for a nickel less than a C-note delivered... may be here by week's end. Last two S-F's: an M3LT-s and a T1a - one extreme to the other!

Scenic

Newly Enlightened
Nitecore P12 - powerful, quality light and a nice size. My first 18650 light.

permagne

Newly Enlightened
Needed a replacemant for my Maglite 4D with custom LED supposedly 900lumen or so, popular mod a years back. SSC P7 or something like that. The 4D was too bulky to bring around, and for home use I've not replaced the batteries even after 4 years... (Maybe not the advertised 900 lumens...)

Desided on sunwayman D40A, and I'm very happy with the first impression. Was looking for a common battery type (AA) with good power, not necessary throw. D40A or EA4, but the range in power available in the D40A was the selling point for me. The moonlight feature is key if you've already been in the dark for 30minutes and want to save some night vision. And it's quite a bit brighter than my modded 4D.

Bought from doingoutdoor.com, and shipping was really quick.

Very happy...

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
fenix PD 35, its my compact 18650, and has more levels than my others. my second fenix, im real happy with the solid build.

solarforce Z1 - everyone should get one of these. it was a bargain and very well finished with great throw, good mode spacing and a forward clicky, same size as my EX11 too. very impressed.

ctrashp

Newly Enlightened
Just ordered 2 Zebralights. SC600 MK II's. Supposedly 1100 LUM.... :) Should be here by this weekend. For Xmas, I received the S10 baton (Olight) and the S20 Baton. I'm set for a couple weeks..... :)
later, ctrashp

EdFromOhio

Newly Enlightened
Rustu R40S and an Ultrafire L-6XL2 because my friend's mother had Alzheimer's and recently wandered out of the house very early one morning. The weather was terrible and cloudy, so it was hard to see. I only had two XM-L T6 lights which were by far the brightest of the search group, but still not good enough. Unfortunately, she wasn't found until she had already died from exposure to the elements. If there's ever a search and rescue again, I'll be better prepared. The Rustu came in and is absolutely insanely bright. I'm expecting the Ultrafire to be as good, even though I know Ultrafire marketing people are some of the biggest liars on earth.

Last edited:

DoubleZed

Newly Enlightened
After the Eagtac D25A I have started to like single AA lights and they just seem to be the best fit for me, so I just ordered an L3 Illumination L10 Nichia 4-Mode Black. Starting to think I should have ordered one more in white for my GF.