What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

Kyle_PL

Newly Enlightened
LED Lenser P7.2 ... because Fenix E40 blinds me, even at minimum power mode (central point is too intensive), when i read digits on meters, or read a map. On LED Lenser I can "distract stream", and there is no problem in reading from short distances.

RetroTechie

Flashlight Enthusiast
A brass 1x 18650 light from CN Quality Goods. Because the combination of material, design, mode spacing, the option of a warm white LED, and its price, was irresistable. :green:

Should make for a classy around-the-house light. Placing the order was a PITA though (unsecure connection to the site, :mad: among other annoyances).

ven

Flashaholic
LED Lenser P7.2 ... because Fenix E40 blinds me, even at minimum power mode (central point is too intensive), when i read digits on meters, or read a map. On LED Lenser I can "distract stream", and there is no problem in reading from short distances.

Nice 1,you wont be disappointed ,i just got my T7.2 and love it.Knew i would as had the T7 before and a very good light imo,very good zoom/focus on the lensers(well genuine ones anyway).Only difference over the P7 apart from knurling is you can lock head at any position so saves it moving if caught.

One of my fav lights:D might get another..........

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I have a T7 as well and wasn't too impressed with it. The 4xAAA battery-carrier was a clear sign of laziness by LEDLenser. (Then again the more common 3xAAA carriers by any maker is the same.) While LL's carrier is built a bit better than most designed to accommodate AAA cells, it's still far from robust. It can crack or break. Then you're out of luck.

I agree that the transition from flood to throw and back again works well. But the flood setting is just so much better. Far too big of a dark ring using the throw setting. Also, it would be nice if there was some way to lock the bezel in one setting and the other. Unfortunately it's basically free-floating. Grip the light too tightly with large hands, and you can easily, accidentally, move the head forward into a setting you don't want.

One of the overall best features I found with the T7 was the free included holster. Most such free holsters are cheap junk. But LL did an excellent job with this one.

ven

Flashaholic
Monocrom,i do agree with some parts,the carrier on my t7 was fine though as with the t7.2 and can be unscrewed from the tail cap if there were issues(at least 3yrs maybe 4 of battery changes every few days with no breaks or issues on the carrier).An easy way to tell if genuine is silver contacts for the +(fakes have gold) .In UK we have LEDCO the UK distribution and i cant fault them,sent me a part out next day free......also have a 5yr guarantee thats not bad considering fenix/nitecore and even surefire which is only 2yrs..........Any problem,mail or call and part sent out FOC.
The T7.2 can now be locked monocrom which was 1 of the deciding factors for me over the P7 and locked at any stage of the zoom too.
Agree the AAA format is not best,but i find the size compact(perfect being honest) for me.The holsters are good as you say,up there with the better ones provided by other "higher end" manufacturers.My grip with them is the easy to scrape material used,shame no haIII but saying that some i have with that material shows scrapes too easy...

Just my experiences of course and know others will vary as with all brands:thumbsup:

NorthernStar

Enlightened
The last LED light I baught was the TK75-L2. The reason I baught it was because of i did not have a longdistance light which I need, so now it was time to get one. :)

Ishango

Enlightened
I bought a Fenix LD22 with a gift card for which I could not find another purpose and one of my favourite outdoors stores accepted the card. I am currently focussing at getting back to AA batteries since I bought a lot of 18650 lights lately. I already own a well used LD20 so it was an easy choice (the alternatives were a TK15 I already own or some Energizer/Varta/etc... light.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a Fenix LD22 with a gift card for which I could not find another purpose and one of my favourite outdoors stores accepted the card. I am currently focussing at getting back to AA batteries since I bought a lot of 18650 lights lately. I already own a well used LD20 so it was an easy choice (the alternatives were a TK15 I already own or some Energizer/Varta/etc... light.

I hear you. The other day I bought two 18650 lights and then the day after I thought I had to many so I had to buy two AA lights to keep the balance between lights of different battery types! The life of a flashaholic if full of difficult choices.

OKWalker

Newly Enlightened
I got a Nitecore P12 last week, and I liked it so much that I have a SRT7 on the way!

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

utlgoa

Enlightened
The new Led Lenser P7.2 because of the new mat finish, improved optics and new/brighter LED.

Kyle_PL

Newly Enlightened
Agree the AAA format is not best,but i find the size compact(perfect being honest) for me.
Now I'm waiting for 3xAA LED Lenser (P9.2 name ;) , 15cm lenght, 3xAA, without any 320lm "boost mode" {~250 lm on High mode is absolutely superb} , and ~50lm on low, and this will by my perfect light)

I have a T7 as well and wasn't too impressed with it. The 4xAAA battery-carrier was a clear sign of laziness by LEDLenser.(Then again the more common 3xAAA carriers by any maker is the same.) While LL's carrier is built a bit better than most designed to accommodate AAA cells, it's still far from robust. It can crack or break.
RLY?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ1dBryAcnE

Far too big of a dark ring using the throw setting. (...) T7
LED Lenser "7.2" series, have better optics, than "7" series
(from 1:30)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcrtQLYlsFE

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Yes... Really.

Then again, if you want to blindly believe a manufacturer's marketing Ad. posted on youtube. Go ahead.

I know you're new here, but I've been telling it like it is for a long time. No axe to grind. No brands promoted just because they might be my favorite. My two favorite brands are SureFire and Streamlight. And I've criticized both when they've screwed up.

SteveL408

Newly Enlightened
The last LED light I purchased was a JETBeam BC10 XPG Cree LED Flashlight. I bought it from Amazon for ~$30. I wanted a small, inexpensive light with a simple clicky tailcap that ran on a single CR123 battery to carry in my pocket on a daily basis. It's cheap and made in China but it's pretty much perfect for my needs.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004UG0TBK/?tag=cpf0b6-20

Last edited:

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nitecore MT2c and MT26: I wanted to have a couple of lower-end lights with no personal value to keep in the car. The UI could significantly be improved with minor changes but overall they work well for what I need them: good bang for the buck!

GaryM

Newly Enlightened
Ordered some Olight S15s for travel and car lights. Most of my lights use 18650 or 123A cells and I thought AA powered lights might be handy.

Xavsbud

Newly Enlightened
I recently bought a Veleno Designs Quantum D2 with blue trits, extra battery and carrier. Have to admit, this one grew on me very fast. A lot of light for the size.

caddylover

Flashlight Enthusiast
my last purchase is a Deft-X and I'm still waiting for it. I most recently acquired a Fenix RC40 and a Nitecore TM26 3800L. Great lights. I'm just waiting for my king of throw light to show up:D

hugodrax

Newly Enlightened
TK75, the battery case in my TK40 leaked and ruined the carrier.

I decided to go for the TK75 to be my workhorse light and it definitely was the right decision.