What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

Treeguy

Enlightened
Just bought a Quark 1XAA R5 Pro.

Wanted a good quality AA EDC with at least a little oompf. If and when I can find some 14500 primaries, I'll throw one in and that should get me in the 200lm range. (Don't want to get into recharging li-ons, electrical stuff ain't my bag.)

Loving the moon mode. First light I've had with it.

al93535

Newly Enlightened
A 47s light, I can't remember the model name because I did not like the new scheme. It is the 2x16340 with burst mode. I got it because I wanted more light.

AbbyY

Newly Enlightened
I've got the new Olight R20 Seeker because it's... new :naughty:

wb4foPT.jpg

AbbyY

Newly Enlightened
It's a sample, I think it'll be on market soon :)

I will post more pictures in Olight User Group. BTW, it's a lovely flashlight!

Keeper4560

Newly Enlightened
a6a6ubuj.jpg

I just bought myself an EagleTac P20C2 MKII

My first light was a Coleman light that was heavy, bulky, and 140 lumens.

Simply, I was looking for an upgraded light that's powerful, lighter, an easy EDC and overall great quality.

Last edited:

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking to get a hds click /rotary. Haven't completely decided yet.

I think I also may be thinning the herd soon.

X60vn
TK61vn
Btu shocker
V25cvn
S200C2vn

Just don't get used enough to keep them.

BurkStar

Newly Enlightened
I've been trying to be able to retire my upgraded/modded Gotham since January. I tried a Mr. Bulk upgraded Dragonheart, a Lenslight KO, just today received an Oveready Modular and should have a Prometheus Alpha Blue come Monday. The Bulk is a great light but just compliments the Gotham, I think I'll end up giving the Lenslight to my mother a I can't stand the squared beam although I love the body, the Oveready Modular I'm really impressed with but its thicker and heavier than the Gotham so I'm still undecided. Hopefully the Alpha will be what I'm looking for. Of course I'm probably keeping everything just so I have options...

BloodLust

Enlightened
I have numerous lights and attachments such as diffusers and wands but I needed a more powerful area light considering the last typhoon left us without power for 3 days.

GE Enbrighten lantern.
Energizer AA tactical for the BOB.

10524707_10152556686718433_2530060811034876419_n.jpg

Wolf359

Enlightened
After several years of avoiding 18650 flashlights for various reasons i finally decide to go for it. Ordered 4 x panasonic 3400mah protected cells from fasttech just in time to be shafted by the latest shipment ban. The batteries are literally on a slow boat from china and should arrive sometime in the next 4 months.

Ok plan B ordered 6 x 18650 3400mah protected from banggood and pay for shipment, 22 days later they arrive I even danced a little jig which amused the postman no end but what the hell.

I dig out my old ultrafire charger from DX and it is dead no great suprise there, so off back to banggood and order a NITECORE Intellicharger I4 V2 Charger and bugger me it arrives in 10 days.

Ok time to charge the panasonic 3400mah protected cells, oh FFS they barely fit requiring an uncomfortable amount of force. Nope not happy at all with that so off to get another charger.

As luck would have it Banggood offer email arrives and has the NITECORE Digicharger D2 LCD for £10.78, sold to the ******* in the corner (me). Takes 11 days to arrive this time batteries fit easily with plenty of room charge them up and stick them in my old solarforce L2 hosts with R2 droppins. Nice and bright good runtime but not omg tickoff the neighbours bright.

After the **** up with the original nitecore charger i ask around which lights will take the panasonic 3400mah protected cells Fenix PD35 and Thrunite TN12 2014 are recommended so i um and er and whine and moan and finally got both. :naughty:

Fenix PD35 2013 edition will barely take the cells if inserted from the head and carefully tightened down, to much and the light comes on to little manual cutoff, but all said and done i do like it and now EDC it outside of work. That being said if you wear a 2" web belt like i do the supplied sheath will not work at the moment i am using an old solarforce l2 sheath less than ideal but it works. Also the anodizing is not that tough already showing some marks.

Thrunite TN12 the panasonic 3400mah protected batteries are a snug fit but are ok great little flashlight with a firefly mode, I now use it as my EDC work light replacing my LD25w.

If i had to do over again i would still buy both, but i would buy 2 Thrunite TN12 first because of there excellent value and one Fenix PD35 later as i am a Fenix tart at heart. I have a second Thrunite TN12 enroute as a spare work light. Anodizing is floorless and take a beating.

Last edited:

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
2nd HDS Rotary 250 to replace the first Rotary 250 which I sadly lost.

So happy to have my little tank of a light back.(Yeah...it's back...in black.)

Last edited:

DQD

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered a Peal El Capitan (neutral, medium optic, keychain body, QTC). Durability is one of the most important criteria in a light for me, as I'm a newbie and have already had two lights fail on me. The El Capitan is a twisty with a strong body, potted electronics, and reputation for reliability. I'm also curious about QTC as a way to get multiple output levels.

jds1

Newly Enlightened
Haven't bought any new lights lately, so I treated myself to three new ones this month.

5yru2eqy.jpg

erytaryq.jpg

Jeff

Big Elf

Newly Enlightened
I very recently bought a Supbeam X40 to replace a (very old) rechargeable halogen spotlight that I used mainly around the house and garden. I did a bit of reading around and thought that the Supbeam was probably one of the best value, rechargeable, powerful lights around. I mean rechargeable in the sense that the batteries can be charged in the flashlight rather than having to remove them. It's paired up with 3 Fenix ARB-L2S 3400mAh 18650s and I'm amazed that this kind of lighting is available for such a relatively modest cost.

cogwheel

Newly Enlightened
Bought a Thrunite T10 Aluminum and a Sunwayman D40A. I hadn't bought a flashlight since I bought my nearly decade old Inova X5, and the X5 doesn't cut it when you're trying to document an abandoned and powerless building in the middle of Baltimore. It's also a bit large to carry in a pocket. Still, the X5 served my modest needs well, but those needs have grown and I can't find a good supplier for flashlight steroids.