What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

joxa80

Newly Enlightened
Thrunite tn36 and ti Christmas edition . tn36 is a handheld blinding device lol.

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Armyek Tiara A1 Warm Pro. Main reasons for picking that one:

• Wanted a headlamp (haha obviously)
  • Impressed by quality of my other AT light (Predator Pro 2.5)
  • Wanted good regulation and performance on both AA and 14500
  • Wanted wide range of output modes
  • Wanted a slightly warm of neutral colour temperature

It has met all my expectations so far. Looking forward to giving it some serious use.

Martin L

Newly Enlightened
One SC52w and one SC62w on its way to me. One medium size EDC and one large dito. IF the tint is fine (I said IF) they will compete and get in the EDC loop with my L10, 4-modes Nichia 219b. The SC52 and 62 has its own advantages and will suit different situations. The 52 is quite small to accommodate a side switch and has a nice burst mode with a 14500. The 62 are one of the smallest 18650 lights there is with a great battery life. I could´nt just get one of them could I..? ;). It is hard to beat the Zebralights overall UI and quality. I can go on and on, but it´s just a vaste of time on this forum :crackup:

Last edited:

sarge1967

Newly Enlightened
Just sent off a trade-in to Amazon. Once that clears I will be picking up a Zebralight sc52w to replace my Fenix LD09 as my EDC. The LD09 has served well I just want something with a better UI. I had been looking at the Olight s15r and s15 lights. It would seem there are some issues with the R series lights and the button on the s15 gives me pause. I read reviews about the Zebralights and was sold on them. Can't wait till I get it!

bvincent

Newly Enlightened
Fenix E21 for work but I'm looking to replace I would like something more powerful and the batteries rattle and it drives me crazy.

a1mu1e

Newly Enlightened
Mountain Electronics mod 1 Supfire M6. Looking for another high power flooder to supplement my SF S2200. I didn't want to pay for another S2200, but I was looking for something with better quality than the SRK.

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
A Surefire E2D/Malkoff VME lego host. I've got a neutral MDC Li-Ion and with a new M31 and/or M61 dropin(s), there are some good lego possibilities.

Kitchen Panda

Enlightened
W
What is your reason? Excuse? lol

The literal last flashlight I purchased was a Defiant 3C 700 lumen with adjustable focus. The excuse was the old car flashlight had been killed by leaky batteries and was no longer reliable (I can no longer tolerate shaking or smacking a flashlight to make it go on) The actual reason was because I wanted one. It does a very nice job of lighting up house numbers from the street, but the low is a little high for map reading in the car...that's OK. I've got lots of little lights for that and I "needed" this thrower.

The one before that was more interesting - it was a NextTorch P8A, which is my first programmable, first (built-in) rechargeable, and first 18650 light. Excuse was I didn't want to cash in all that Hong Kong money, I was curious about programmability and I was curious about the 18650 format. I *really* like the 18650, I've decided. Plus it's an awesome amount of light to carry around in a coat pocket. And I've already "upgraded" it with a 3400 mah cell, so I can have a spare battery handy.

Bill'

RIX TUX

Enlightened
Zebralight SC62, cool white. Such lumens from such a small light. I have to blame Selfbuilt and his most excellent review(s) for this purchase. It was my first Zebralight and now I want a SC52 so badly, I can taste it! I do love it, though.
I have a sc52 and sc600II and then I got a sc62. I sold the sc52 I think my sc600 II will never be used again. The sc62 is like the other two rolled into one.

djburkes

Enlightened
I just received a Zebralight SC62 yesterday. It is one awesome light. I got the cool white version. I couldn't believe how small it actually was. I watched selfbuilt's review but I still couldn't believe how small it was. It's perfect for EDC.

Raven18

Newly Enlightened
Bought a SC52d just last week.
Wanted something small, 1xAA, high CRI, and a good UI.
I work in printing and the high CRI helps identify color discrepancies in low light and when under filtered light.

osef

Newly Enlightened
I love the Zebralight SC series: I have the 52w, 62d, and the 600w II. Contrary to other reports, I actually prefer the 600w II to the 62d. It's a little bigger (and brighter), but I prefer the body design and feel.

Most recent purchase: Maratac tactical AA (in the mail). It looks like a mini Surefire Z-series light; the Z-series have the most comfortable grip design among all the 2-cell Surefire lights (IMHO). Could be interesting.

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got an Armytek Prime Pro A1. Was curious about Armytek's build quality after reading about several other of their lights here. So far, I am impressed!

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
DQG 18650 mini clicky from CNQG.

Tiny side-clicky 18650 flashlight. At 87mm long it's 8mm shorter than a Zebralight SC62w.

Hopefully the quality will be better than the earlier twisty models of this light.

joxa80

Newly Enlightened
Today just got an m2x javelot,my first real thrower and a s10r for work to get some rest to my sc600 on this

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another Surefire E2D, this time an old-school incan. So, technically, no, not an LED>

But I got it to lego with my Malkoff MDC & VNE/M61, so I can have two E2d based LED lights, and also return some simple incan goodness to my collection, and keep my A2s company.

Last edited:

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually, it wasn't a light, just a lamp assembly. I was wandering around the Mountain Electronics website, and came across their P60 section. The first lamp there caught my fancy. It offered an XM-L2 in several tints/reflector combinations, or a Nichia 219B in Orange Peel. Since I have been on a high CRI kick for a while, and have heard so much about how great the 219B was as a high CRI, I ordered that option, with a three mode driver. Just got it today and popped it into my original G2 with the eFest 16650. I have to agree, it is the most natural looking lamp I have seen. It was a great test because I have two big windows facing West in my living room, and the sky was overcast today so the light was nice and even. So I was directly comparing the Nichia in the shadows with direct outside light, and there was almost no difference at all. I'm keeping this one right where it is.