What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

ven

Flashaholic
Thanks sdr, I have the bits(black cryos and L2T) to make another on the way....shame they are going to work and I am on holiday :fail:

I have a vinh light too so can see a visit next week unless I can wait till I return in the new year.....yeh right :laughing:

ddwilson

Newly Enlightened
Mag-Tac 320 had not seen one yet and decided to give it a try. Bought an extra clip and put iton my xl50to keep it from rolling away. seems like a decent light. Bought a couple of fenix E12 for Christmas gifts

boo

Newly Enlightened
I recently bought a Noctigon Meteor.
Wanted one power light in a small package.
So far so good.

ven

Flashaholic
Cooly host simply because i always wanted one and need a home foe some 26650 batteries i have somewhere!

LightMagic

Newly Enlightened
Been a lurker for almost a yr, finally joined. I have ZLSC5w SC5w and ZLH502w-2 H502w L2. Also several cheap headlights... Recently acquired couple of cheap ones Ozark 150 lumen headlamp for $9.08 each. Going to use this to work on furnace in crawl space.

Looking forward to reading more on CPF!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
There's a PowerTac light called the PK Warrior that looks pretty cool. A 1 cell and a 2 cell version.
Only 250 made of each.

Folks here are passing around the pair. Check it out in the passaround section.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Thanks and seen that bykfixer:thumbsup:, striking is a good word for the PK. Might pick one up as not a bad price, just the postage can add a lot (more than imo it should be) then depending on the seller and how much its declared for could in $'s add a good $50+to the total cost!

Edit- I was wrong, cheapest shipping is still more than the light

$119.95$119.95
Sub-Total:$119.95
UPS Saver:$124.27
Total:$244.22

Credit Card Details

So maybe the last LED light i did not purchase and the shipping cost was the reason :laughing:

;)

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Awe, man...I forgot you're across the big pond.

But if it's any consolation...you guys got better Honda Preludes, and are getting all the good Civics....

:laughing: , we have rust in abundance though , thanks to the salt used on roads come winter times!!! To find a good classic honda is like finding unicorns!

Will look into PK at a later date and get sorted once funds recover..........

Cheers;)

ven

Flashaholic
tn32UTvn

Why? Well i am biased to flood/spill generally as its more useful to me in work our out and about. Other throwers like the tk61vn(beast) is on the too large side of large:thinking: and never been too over struck on the UI........so the sr52vn, love it, size wise, 250kcd, useful spill, i mean not really much to not like along with solid build and that USB option if needed. So kind of had a break from throwers(well what i call throw biased which to me is at least 200kcd and a tight-ish spot). I mean the k60vn throws awesome and lots of spill,so for me thats throw biased. The tk75vnQ70 throws very well at over 200kcd from tests, but not a thrower, its just a wall of flood that reaches out........(no tight hot spot). Just way i see things and sure many wont see/think same :laughing:

So the tn32UTvn seemed a perfect candidate with control ring UI, Thrunite's build is very good now imo, quite solid and nice ano to boot! Not being too keen on the very narrow xp-g2 in this application(love the xp-g2 LED though!!) i opted to a more suited(to me)XP-L PDT option which throws great yet still with plenty of spill.

Not tested as no time at all, not to mention constant rain and cba getting soaked! However testing indoors shows a perfect like beam and hot spot, very intense. Compared next to the k60vn and its odd, the k60vn appears brighter side on due to being a little cooler and quite a lot wider(eye tricks), yet put the tn32UTvn beam into the k60vn beam and you can make out the more intense hot spot of the tn.

Cheers:)

ven

Flashaholic
:laughing: its not too big tbh bykfixer, its bigger than medium,smaller than huge :laughing: little quick rough n ready groupy

Shoulder strap, now we are talking

Random comparison

Thats a shoulder strap light:p

;)

ven

Flashaholic
ok, ven, want to see some comparisons of the new tn32Uvn vs. your tk75Qvn! Still on the fence, help me sort it out.

Sorry to disappoint but my tk75vn is the q70 version

Now , all though i dont have the tk75vnQ this is going to sound strange, i would get the tk75vnQ out of them, only a little less throw at 366kcd but with more flood and option of run time kits. I do prefer the control ring type UI , however vinhs drivervnx2 is superb with 20 different mode groups........very flexible!!!

Not had chance to test the tn32UTvn properly, vinh measured around 400kcd with the XP-L PDT, and 500kcd for the xp-g2 . Both are very conservative so could maybe add 100kcd more!! dont know on that..............

Check out the k60vn, its an awesome light with 230kcd(conservative again) with a stunning beam/tint from the de-domed xhp70 and control ring UI.

So my choices with none of the mentioned and starting over, tk75vnQ or the k60vn

wolfgaze

Enlightened
Olight S2 Baton... Why? I wanted to get my 1st 18650-compatible flashlight and I happen to love the design and compact size of this torch..