What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast

billcoe

Newly Enlightened
Just put a XTAR D06 dive light on order. Not for diving, but taking out on a kayak in the bay. It's gonna be wet and salty, and don't want to burn up an expensive flashlight. Got it for $39 off Ebay, including shipping. So we'll see what it looks like when it gets here and how well it holds up. I'd like to figure out a way to do some underwater filming with a go pro, but not sure how I can view what I'm filming remotely if I stick it 8 or more feet under murkey water.

It seems like a great price for a dive light. http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?412920-D400vn-High-Quality-Dive-Light

Last edited:

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I read the cpf forum. People with xhp70 and xml pdt light, they recommend xml pdt... So I went with xml pdt... My next led will be mtg2, ven strongly recommend it.

josekym

Newly Enlightened
Got an Acebeam L10 lately, as an inexpensive backup to my Fenix LD12. However, the L10 is now dead after rolling off a table. :(

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a Malkoff MDC SHO. I wanted a single output light, and since I love Malkoff, the MDC SHO was the obvious choice for me.

ronniepudding

Enlightened
4 lights this week :/

Eagletac D25A and D25C clickies with Nichia 219 in both (on sale at ILLUMN); Foursevens Atom AA and Atom AL with reflectors, on clearance at Foursevens. Also got a 360 headband kit, Quark 1xAA body tube for my QT2A-X, and an Olight 16340 cell. I think that's enough toys to keep my occupied for a while.

TA_ls1

Enlightened
I just bought the Zebralight SC600 MK III HI, why? In my opinion it's the best compact 1x18650 light out, and I won't need another light for a long time...until the hi cri SC600 comes out haha. Zebralight has proven to be top notch.

bignc

Enlightened
It was a hard decision. Almost bought a/ some incans!

Local shop had:
2 x c2 incan
3 x c2 led
3 x 6p incan
2 x 6pd
3 x g3 incan
2 x g3z led
1 x M2!!!
And the L1 i brought home. :) (nothing great, its a gen 6.)

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
It was a hard decision. Almost bought a/ some incans!

Local shop had:
2 x c2 incan
3 x c2 led
3 x 6p incan
2 x 6pd
3 x g3 incan
2 x g3z led
1 x M2!!!
And the L1 i brought home. :) (nothing great, its a gen 6.)

Any L1 is great. With a 16340 it still puts out decent throw.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Klarus FH 10 wanted one when it first came out but the $200 pricetag was tough to justify, as I own some other multi colored LED lights such as the Nitecore SRT7 and C3. I kept admiring it with its special lens and multi colored (red. white and green) applications all accessible via strobe. When I saw the $100 off sale pricing I had to decide about the FH 10 and the 2300 lumen RS30. I got the FH 10, then 10 days later pulled the trigger and got the RS 30. It's on the way. I like the fact that it does not appear to be a light while in holster. While occasionally wearing traditional Western business attire (suit tie etc) sometimes I do not want to show a lot of metal hardware on my belt. OTOH I think there may have been times in the past while walking in downtown Southeast Washington DC that my gun metal colored Surefire, O light or Nitecore presented enough of a comparison to a sidearm, especially a glancing view in low light conditions that may have bought me enough time to get off the street safely or enter my vehicle and depart safely. The Klarus AR 10 looks tempting because I like an angled LED light on my belt lighting my path. The 1000 lumens is more than my ROFIS JR20 yet I like the tail cap switch much better on the Rofis. After spending about $200 I want to restrain myself for awhile LOL.:popcorn:

FREI

Newly Enlightened
Last generation E2L because it was "cheap":twothumbs (and I want it to have a long time:D)

wildcatter

Newly Enlightened
The TN-36,,,, just because I want to be able to see whats going on around me without panning a flashlight all over the place,,,, it worked!! Plus finding a guy who bought it for its lumens thinking he would have a super thrower and not even wanting a flood, he was calling it junk said his 1100 lumen light would throw farther,,,,DU!! so he offered it with 4 brand new 3400 Thrunite 18650 cells and everything he got with it but the holster for $115.00,,,,, guess I'll just have to make doe with the TN-36 instead of getting the Mini 30 I was going to buy,,,,,,, I like finding people like this,,,,:twothumbs
IMG_9779-SM_zpsbelw1ulv.jpg

Taz80

Enlightened
Nitecore MH41, because I really like the up and down U.I. with the short cuts.

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
A really nice little Damascus AA light from one of my favourite custom flashlight makers! :D
I just wish we could see a picture of them in the email. I know it's not going to happen, but I'd be really interested in this one if they had the clip tail cap that several people got for the titanium version.