What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zebralight SC600Fd. Because I wanted a high power and high CRI light for hiking. I have an Astrolux S41, which gives me this. But the Zebralight is more efficient, more refined, and has a better user interface.

ycwflash10

Newly Enlightened
A little pocket light from a Chinese brand. can't remember the exact name but my dearest friend love it!

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a Titan Plus, because I really wanted one, and I could not pass up the Christmas price at SF. I wanted another small light, and LOVE the the Titan Plus has a pocket clip.

Mike 208

Enlightened
Last week I bought a Streamlight Stylus Pro (90 lumens), which was an impulse buy (I do like the form factor of AAA pen lights). I had bought one of these when it was first made available to the public a few years ago (I think it had 47 lumens). I sold it to a co-worker when I bought a Pelican 1920, who promptly thrashed it. The switch is a little hard to push for constant "on," but is supposed to lighten up with use. We'll see.

The week before, I bought a Fenix PD25 and 2 Photon 2s at a gun show in Orange County. The PD25 will be an EDC light. One Photon light is currently on one of my SAKs, and the other one I gave to a female friend. I've been using Photon lights for years - never a problem.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Just bought the 120 lumen version of the Coast G25 inspection light.

Can't really see a difference in the output vs my previous 85 lumen version but that's no surprise. The 4 beam pattern is more pronounced as the previous (3 LED) one looked like pure difussed lighting and this one has a more defined spot when aimed at a wall. Perhaps Coast was going for more throw.

I use it to light up the barrel of old lights I'm restoring so the pure difussion beam was welcomed. Yet the spot is such that it doesn't cause the light to bounce back and poke me in the eye like normal combo beams do... even ones with much less output like a 47 lumen Solitaire or 48 lumen Microstream. Nope this one will do just fine.

There was nothing wrong with the previous one. On Christmas eve my nephews 12 year old son was bored while all the grownups did grownup stuff. He played with a few flashlights I have sitting around and seemed to prefer the G25 coffee table one. As he was leaving I handed it to him and said "want it?" His face lit up like the Bat Beacon as he said "thank you".

korpzgrinda

Newly Enlightened
About 10 weeks ago I purchased a five-pack of Hugsby XP-1 LED flashlights. I bought them because I was looking for an inexpensive LED flashlight that runs on 1 AAA battery, and I stumbled upon this Chinese brand while researching. It is actually solid quality compared to other cheap Chinese branded lights I have purchased in past years. I have seen there are even clones of lesser quality that are modeled after this one. Anyway, the cost of these were less than $5 dollars each in the bundle of 5 shipped from a US location. I gave 3 away as gifts, and kept one as an EDC and one as a spare.

So far, it has served my purposes well. It is 1 function (on/off) and the tint of the bulb seems to be NW. It fits perfectly into the coin pocket of my jeans secured to the belt loop by the added lanyard with gate clip. It is about exactly the same length as a Victorinox Huntsman, which fits right next to it also in the coin pocket.

10si5hj.jpg

243ls1s.jpg

Loomun

Newly Enlightened
My last purchase was LED Lanterns for the house, the purpose was for power outages.

HughJorgan

Newly Enlightened
I bought three of olight's i3E in silver finish. These were gifts. The recipients were elderly so I wanted to keep it simple - small and lightweight for purse or keychain, simple single-mode twist on/off UI, bright 120 lumens, basic AAA battery, and quality, not some checkout-line-impulse-bait junk.

Jhawthorn

Newly Enlightened
Not purchased but given before a deployment a while back. Surefire 6p. Led to me upgrading it, now I have came here to learn more and find something else to carry on duty at night.