What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Today I ordered and mailed my bank cashiers check for:

a) Another Acebeam X65Vn. Because:

1. I want one spare battery pack, one spare head, one spare.... well, uhm another spare whole one.

2. So I can have one in each hand because:

2a. I want to see what two of these look like at the same time, ganged togeter, beam performance-wise, and

2b. I want to work out both arms at the same time when I do my nightly six mile walk.

b) A Manker M34Vn. Because I am looking for maximum power to head diameter ratio in this head diameter class.

BloodLust

Enlightened
Fenix HL05 to clip to my backpack strap when hiking to light up chest downards than having some glare when being worn on my forehead.

ven

Flashaholic
Bought SureFire G2x Pro #10.
Why? Didn't have a yellow one.

Very nice, the yellow looks awesome ! Managed to get a black G2 , so its on its way to me. Not too sure what to chuck in it yet though(will be another bouncy work light).

bykfixer

Flashaholic
That's funny! Also ordered a G2X pro in yellow, just a few minutes ago. Will be my second one. Goes into my glovebox once arrived.

The G2x Pro was my first "good" flashlight. To that point I thought Coast were the best ones ever...
It was black. But then I saw tan and since it came with a sticker I bought a couple. My SureFire sticker'd thermos had me feeling like king of the hill baby.

I knew it was a "pretty good" flashlight. After accumulating literally hundreds, the G2x was simply shadow lighters scattered about my home. And after being plagued by some kleptos I placed black ones in my vehicles to hide from those sticky fingered individuals. The smash n grab thief who stole my Ray Bans would see a plastic flashlight and keep moving.

Anyway the other night I carried a tan one on a walk to use the low feature. I had some much brighter 6 volts with me for testing in various situations in a prcatice combat tactics scenario. For kicks n giggles the G2x Pro was also included. Man, holy cow! That is one great flashlight!!

I saw somewhere you or somebody mentioned a yellow one inside the glove box. Bing! Gotta have one of those.

Thanks for the tip.

kj2

Flashaholic
The G2x Pro was my first "good" flashlight. To that point I thought Coast were the best ones ever...
It was black. But then I saw tan and since it came with a sticker I bought a couple. My SureFire sticker'd thermos had me feeling like king of the hill baby.

I knew it was a "pretty good" flashlight. After accumulating literally hundreds, the G2x was simply shadow lighters scattered about my home. And after being plagued by some kleptos I placed black ones in my vehicles to hide from those sticky fingered individuals. The smash n grab thief who stole my Ray Bans would see a plastic flashlight and keep moving.

Anyway the other night I carried a tan one on a walk to use the low feature. I had some much brighter 6 volts with me for testing in various situations in a prcatice combat tactics scenario. For kicks n giggles the G2x Pro was also included. Man, holy cow! That is one great flashlight!!

I saw somewhere you or somebody mentioned a yellow one inside the glove box. Bing! Gotta have one of those.

Thanks for the tip.
That was me :D
Couldn't find one on eBay, for a decent price, the last few weeks/months. Now it popped-up, and had to snag it[emoji14]

irongate

Enlightened

Thanks for the tip.

Glad you enjoy the yellow one, it does stand out among the black ones that I have with the tan one also.

ARsee

Newly Enlightened
I generally buy Surefire for specific reasons, and just recently (less than 30 days) jumped into the light scene.

1st, Klarus XT12GT ~XHP35 HI D4
2nd Convoy C8 ~XPL-HI V2-1A
3rd Lumintop TD16 ~XM-L2 U2
4th Klarus XT1C ~XP-L HI V3
5th Astrolux S1 ~XP-L
6th Nitecore MH25GT ~XP-L HI V3
7th Armytek Predator Pro v3 ~XP-L Hi
8th Lumintop TD16 ~XP-L Hi

I'm not into modding. Yet :rolleyes:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Welcome AR.

Hard to go wrong with a flashlight these days. The skill level to modify can be as easy as removing a light module then placing in another with no tools required is very possible.
But there are plenty of completely different modifications available as well. They involve building your own unique light engine. Parts are readily available if you have the desire and patience.

However with the awesome assortment of lights available it is quite possible to find the unique features you seek in a stock light.

It's a great time to be a flashaholic.

ARsee

Newly Enlightened
Welcome AR.

Hard to go wrong with a flashlight these days. The skill level to modify can be as easy as removing a light module then placing in another with no tools required is very possible.
But there are plenty of completely different modifications available as well. They involve building your own unique light engine. Parts are readily available if you have the desire and patience.

However with the awesome assortment of lights available it is quite possible to find the unique features you seek in a stock light.

It's a great time to be a flashaholic.

Thanks for the welcome.
Little do YOU know, but you and I spoke via email sometime back about PK's craftsmanship.
I inquired about his weapon light and a sample ;)

Don't think about it too much. I'll let the cat out of the bag..eventually :D

Capolini

Banned
The OP has NOT been online for more than Four[4] years! His thread keeps going!

His very First sentence is UNTRUE and does not apply to me! He said that at the most we will ONLY use Three of our lights and the rest will collect dust.That may be true for the guy who COLLECTS them,,I use mine. I actively use at least 20 of my lights per week! I have my EDC rotation and my rotation set up for Capo and I! :twothumbs

Where are you CaNo??!​ Last log in 1.21.2013

bykfixer

Flashaholic
4 years and over 1000 posts in the op may have decided enough of the sniping and nit-pickety so prominent in forums these days was enough.

As a collector I think differently than the original post in this thread, but do agree the average user has a couple of favorites and the rest end up in a drawer, stored in a car or setting on top of the refrigerator collecting dust in anticipation of a power outage.

Although my collection consists of dozens the same 2 go with me everyday. Sometimes backups get to tag along. But the pair I carry do not need backup. Otherwise I'd have chosen other lights.

Is a person wrong for only using 3 or 4? Or having a 20 light rotation?
Nope. Neither is wrong.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Thanks for the welcome.
Little do YOU know, but you and I spoke via email sometime back about PK's craftsmanship.
I inquired about his weapon light and a sample ;)

Don't think about it too much. I'll let the cat out of the bag..eventually :D

What's shakin big daddy? A small world just got even smaller thanks to the internet.

ARsee

Newly Enlightened
What's shakin big daddy? A small world just got even smaller thanks to the internet.

Yes Sir, it did. The map leads us where we need to go. No thanks to GPS, said the cop (LiL joke there) writing me a ticket.
It was a pleasure chatting. Oh, I sent along a pic of my four leggers. They say thanks as well ;-)

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered a Courui D01 as I want to have a LED thrower. I already build myself a Maglite with a XR-E and an aspherical lens but I still want to see how far I can push the throw without the aspherical lens and the big reflector of the Courui D01 seems like it could suit this task.