What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stainless High CRI Eiger.

Not really sure, I had an El Capitan but sold it. It wasn't bad, just not what I was looking for, maybe this will hit the spot.

JohnnyBravo

Enlightened
SureFire P1R Peacekeeper dual mode. I've been eye-balling this ever since it hit the radar circa 2014. Wanted to own a little piece of SF history; I believe this is their first production 18650 light. And I'd never seen one NEW for $142.50 shipped, so my right index finger clicked onto SUBMIT ORDER late last night. It'll be the most expensive light in my collection; and I bought it w/out a drop of alcohol in my system! Ha ha...

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Acebeam X45vn 70.2, after refurbished with New Driver.

Why? Well, I was waiting to decide on this one, but when it was announced that a specimen of impeccable pedigree would soon be available, I immediately pounced on it. Vinh is going to ensure that it is as good as any, and add a new circuit, too. When I get it, I will post about how much of a ceiling bounce monster it is, and about its other max blast points, but I will post in only one topic thread, not slathered hither thither.

It has multiple modes, so I can use it at moderate fuel drain and moderate heat production mode, as well as brief blaze of glory mode, too.

Acebeam: K70vn, EC50vn, two X65Vn. Eagletac: SX25L3 MT-G2, MX25L4CvnT XP-L. Fenix: TK75vnQ70 dome on. 47's: MMU-X3. Manker: MK34Vn. Niwalker MM15,
and MM15MBvnSpec1. Noctigon: Meteor M43vn XP-L dd. Olight: S2 Baton. P60vn: Quad XP-L HD 2 cell host Cryos Cu head. Thrunite: TN36UTvn, TN42vn. Ordered from Vinh 5-12-17: Acebeam X45vn 70.2, after refurbished with New Driver.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Got a Prometheus Alpha Ready-Made.

Why ?

* First ever Prometheus

* MC-E is (yes, still) one of my favorite emitters

* Ledil reflector

* EN plating

* Wanted to try the Icarus driver

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got a Prometheus Alpha Ready-Made.

Why ?

* First ever Prometheus

* MC-E is (yes, still) one of my favorite emitters

* Ledil reflector

* EN plating

* Wanted to try the Icarus driver

i have 4 lights from jason, they all get used quite often. well machined lights. its a shame that cree shows no interest in upgrading the MC-E emitters. seems its been years since they have offered a higher bin...

i believe its been over a year and a half since i bought a light. this week i went on a splurge and orders a BOSS copper 70 with the nichia 219C leds... then the next day i ordered a malkoff hound dog super (neutral). there is but one more light i plan on purchasing this year (the NASA light when it comes out); after that i will probably sit tight for a while.

nigelbisonn

Newly Enlightened
I recently got a zebralight sc600w III HI. I wanted a single 18650 light as I didn't have one yet and this one had favorable reviews. I'm not the biggest fan of the UI but it's fine once you get used to it. I prefer the UI olight uses with the mode memory and double click for higher modes. I accidentally have flashed my zebralight on high a few times, surprising myself and others. I do appreciate the decent throw for such a small light and the tint is really nice.

JohnnyBravo

Enlightened
A Nitecore P30 thrower. For just $43 shipped, I thought I'd try a real thrower. 618 meters of throw on a single 18650 not bad. Just got it today, probably the best value around for its price and distance. Fit and finish are very good...

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
H603W 18650 XHP35 neutral Zebralight headlamp. This headlamp has no reflector. It actually throws better than I expected. I think I like it but need a few more nights of use to decide. I wanted a better headlamp to read with and hopefully it has good mode spacing

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
A Nitecore P30 thrower. For just $43 shipped, I thought I'd try a real thrower. 618 meters of throw on a single 18650 not bad. Just got it today, probably the best value around for its price and distance. Fit and finish are very good...

I got one of those for my snowmobile. Sometimes you need to shine around to see where the trail goes. I ran mine on CR123's in the cold. Light works flawless.

jakehinds

Newly Enlightened
Nebo Redline, I like the bulb, brightness, body, but wish it ran longer, and they took away the battery carriage for AAA ://

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bought a backup to my backup, to my Grail light: NoGreenTint, NoPWM, NoLowCRI, NoAno, NoCW! :twothumbs
because it is on sale,
the Copper Maratac AAA w Nichia.
34656913686_6c1674364b_b.jpg

Last edited:

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nitecore TM06Svn four x XHP50.2, 9,500 lumens, extremely limited edition.

Lots of reasons, including most powerful two-inch (50mm) head diameter light.

markr6

Flashaholic
Zebralight SC5w II to replace the SC5c I just returned. It was too yellow for me and CRI didn't seem any better than other 80CRI lights. I talked about this some in the ZL threads.

SC5w II is on back order, so I'll need to be patient.