What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just purchased three Lumintop FW21 Pro Vn, one for my collection, and two to make gifts of. Because I am interested in single cell hot rod screamers. It will fit in nicely with the TM9K, NSX53 triple XHP 50.2, quad W2 D4V2, quad W2 FW4A, triple XHP50.2 MMU-X3 and the FW3A triple W2.1 that are the start of my Vinh54 single cell hot rod screamer collection, along with the two Imalent MS03 that I recently ordered.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ti Tool, so I could mod to sw45k

kRoU3xtl.jpg

JunkFood

Newly Enlightened
I got a Jetbeam Jet ST. It's only my third 18650. It's the most beautiful light I have. I love the throwy beam. I just have to replace the clip with a black deep carry clip. The reason I got it was that it was $100 off because the box was broken. But the light was fine and that's all I cared about.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
SureFire Tactician.... because I realized the SureFire Pro Stiletto purchase was a big mistake.

Whitelight1

Newly Enlightened
Olight Seeker 2 Pro. I had been eyeing them for a while, and a flash sale for $109, limited color, and 2 free lights sealed the deal. I wish I would have got the desert tan one, but blue is not bad.

Already gifted the free I5T away after I loaded it with an Energizer Ultimate Lithium AA, and got rid of the Alkaleak.

Optiblue

Newly Enlightened
Just picked up the imalent LD70. Was in the market for a flashlight I'd have at all times. A Keychain light was a no brainer, but none of them impressed me. That is until the current brightest flashlight company in the world dumped the XHP70.2 into the smallest light ever and it does 4k lumens for 1 full minute! It's stable at 900 lumens in a very floody fashion for over 40 minutes. Let me just say that this light sets the bar very very high. Anything larger size than it needs to push out equal performance, and currently every company feels a little behind.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pelican 7610 just to understand what the heck is it -- multi battery fuel.

P.S.: Well, I have discovered that 7610 has a special contact pin in its head to enable their proprietary 18650 batteries which are priced like $25.40 at minimum. Suckers... Now I know why their lights are not even close to be popular.

Last edited:

Dr. Tweedbucket

Enlightened
I was in recovery since 2016 and doing pretty well, and then suddenly one night I couldn't sleep, so got up and started watching yout0ob videos and this flashlight thread popped up. :sweat:

So, I figured what the heck, it won't hurt anything to see what I've been missing. Well, the next day I spent $150 on three new flashlights. :mad: I'm back off the wagon and here we go again.

I was a big Sunwayman and Fenix fan originally and it seems Fennix still has a lot of cool lights, but Sunwayman might be slowly dying. I also bought a cheap Jetbeam in the closeout bin once and was impressed with the quality and power out of the little 14500 battery.

SoooOo Sunway man, took me back to Fenix, which took me to Jetbeam, and then Acebeam, then somehow I landed on a Manker site (which I never heard of before). The thrower light idea seemed to grab me! I was about to go for the Acebeam L16 which for a 18650 threw for over 600 meters ... really spotty and far reaching. The only prob is there wasn't a low batt indicator (which is sort of not good). After sweating out details and watching about a million other videos I settled on a couple Mankers ... the U22II which will throw for 1020 meters using a 21700 :rock: and a smaller Manker MC12 which throws for 650 meters using a 18650. I also went for a 2200 lumen E14 II which is more floody and only 155 meters but a good EDC thing.

So, what I really like is a profile of the Acebeam L16, the Jetbeam Jet IIIMR or even the Fenix TK15EU .... but one that throws like crazy like the Manker U22II.

I don't see recovery anytime soon. Thank you for reading this far. :confused:

Dr. Tweedbucket

Enlightened
Here is an update:

Today a Lumintop Mini something or other ... mini mini .... :confused: Ohh ok, Lumintop GT mini popped up on youtube so I watched a video and it was quite impressive! I watched about 5 more videos on that and the mini pro, and then discovered the Lumintop GT micro !!! Wow, that looked cool too. So I ended up ordering a GT mini, a GT mini pro and a GT micro. :thumbsup:

Then after all that I found a place that had a 20% off coupon for the same place! :mad: I think I'm done after this. I should be in thrower heaven for a while until they come out with actual flame thrower lights probably by 2025 or so.

Dr. Tweedbucket

Enlightened
Ok, last thing for real this time :sweat:

I went to a flea market today and found a mini gold mine of stuff... mostly automotive stuff, but there was a dollar table and in the bottom of this box under the table was a flashlight. I pulled it out and right away the weight of it told me it was an aluminum LED light (with a rubber handle). So I looked inside of it and there were two Streamlight 18650 batteries in there... and that's about the time the guy came up and said.... yeahhh they're dead, you need a special charger to charge them. $1 if you want it :mad: So I paid the man!

It's a Streamlight Protac HL4 which pumps out 2200 lumins and has a floody throw of 346 meters and is programmable (3 modes). It's not minty fresh, I mean it looks like it was in a Ford F150 glovebox for about 2 years, but still an 8 out of 10. I don't feel too bad about it because it was only $1. :touche:

Dr. Tweedbucket

Enlightened
Here is a pic of the above light. The batteries are actually taking a charge. They are like 4 years old so hoping they don't blow up, but they're not even warm. I think I'm going to change this light from an 8/10 to a 7/10 until I can sharpie it up a bit and wash the handle.

y1JWSpo.jpg

GoVegan

Enlightened
My last flashlight purchase was back in Nov 2019. A Surefire E1B-MV, which has been my primary EDC light since I got it, replacing my HDS EDC LE.
The Surefire battery life sucks (and Surefire's runtime is just a plain lie) but it is still a great light and I love the simple interface, just high and low. Most of the time I only use it on low anyway, I think of it as a 5 lumen light with a high 400 lumens there on first click if and when you need it.

A couple of weeks later I purchased the Z68 protected tailcap, which make it so much more suitable for pocket carry (protruding rubber boots just not good for me as the risk of accidental activation is just not acceptable). The Z68 also makes the ergonomics of the E1B-MV so much better and can tailstand too which is invaluable in a power outage.

79H1YXil.jpg

The Why?
I always pocket carry a small tactical light as my primary EDC light. It goes with me everywhere and I also like to have a low mode for general day to day uses, navigating in the dark either inside or out, and for emergencies such as power outages and disasters etc.

Last edited:

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Astrolux EC03 from CPF Vendor freeme Group Buy. Because I have never participated in a group buy before. Because it has normal modes and it also has a max mode that is good for brief momentary burst of large area bright illumination, too.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

2020 RRT01

five reasons:

1. always liked JetBeam & their build quality (only have one right now)
2. really like to have a 18500 edc, already have a few Panasonic 18500s'
3. never owned a Nichia emitter light until now
4. stepless dimming (3rd generation from JetBeam)
5. 15% coupon

Hugh Johnson

Enlightened
Sofirn C01s BLF edition.

I'm migrating my collection from primarily 5,000k To 4,000k. Wanted a dual mode light. Love the output, L/H UI, and price.

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
McGizmo McLux III PD. Why? Why spend that kind of money on a 15-17 year old light that maxes at less than 100 lumen? With 2 levels? Because it's a classic. It's timeless. And it is with DatiLED having an emitter swap and a current bump. Samsung LH351D at 4000k and bumping from 525mA to 750mA. 1000+ lumen triple/quad blasters are a dime a dozen. Classic McGizmos are priceless.