What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Not a flashlight but can be used as such.
$15 at Home Depot

0-B7-ADB48-0948-49-BC-83-D5-E1-E4925619-B7.jpg

I chose the blended beam over the stove. Makes a nice light light too.

3_gun

Enlightened
Sofirn SP32Av2 because it was on sale w/o battery for $18 and I've had good luck with Sofirn lights so far

cp2315

Enlightened
Sofirn IF22A for $40 shipped with a 21700. Another TIR thrower with SFT40 LED and the 40mm TIR lens. 2000 lumens and about 100kcd.

pumps

Newly Enlightened
Olight i3E EOS. Single AAA and 90 lumens. I'm not carrying anything on my belt unless I've something specific task I KNOW I'm going to do . When we are on routine calls (I'm a firefighter) sometimes I'm not wearing my bunker pants or coat that have lights either clipped on or in a pocket. I like having a light in my pocket and I also EDC it off duty.
Why is I was surfing here and saw a post about it, then did a bit more research on it. Thought I'd give it a try.

3_gun

Enlightened
Fenix E35 v3 because of 20% off & I sold some computer stuff on eBay. Play $$ is Play $$ ; Bill $$ is Bill $$ and the two should never co-mingle. Bought more than a couple this week ;)

syga

Newly Enlightened
I took a chance and bought a Convoy S21B from ali express: Ali Express for just under $30. Comes with a 21700 battery. For options, I picked the orange peel reflector and the 12 mode groups. If I lose or break the Convoy, I'm ok with that. But If I lose or break my Fenix PD35, I'm not ok with that.

I'm actually surprised with the Convoy. Build quality seems to be excellent.

The orange peel reflector gives a softer, wider light with no harsh hotspot like the Fenix has.

The Convoy is about 1/2 inch shorter that the PD35.

I chose a mode that has 0.1%, 1%, 10%, 50% brightness with deactivated the memory. So everytime you turn it on, it starts from the lowest brightness.

For the price, you can buy 2 of these Convoys with batteries for the same price of 1 Fenix PD35 without the battery.

The Convoy doesn't come with a pocket clip so it can roll off your desk.

The packaging was terrible, paper envelope was all crumpled but no marks on the light.

Otherwise, I'm satisfied with this $30 Convoy.

Tribull

Enlightened
I just bought a Surefire G3/Malkoff M61W over in the market place. Why because G3's are hard to come by and of course because I'm a loyal Malkoff fan.

Lawman VII XIV

Newly Enlightened
An Olight Warrior X Pro. I have a couple of other Os and other LEDs but none with much of a throw. The function is ok, but not crazy about the shape. The flared head reminds me of the ol' Eveready Captain flashlights. My search for a tactical light with a LOT of throw continues.

In other flashlight news, I'm on the fence about getting a Seeker 3 Pro. I have more 'lights than I need.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Want a tactical with lots of throw from a small flashlight? Give the SureFire EDCL-2T a look-see.
Two stage tailcap allows one to utilize a very bright looking 5 lumen low for most uses with a firm press to light up a city block sized warehouse.

Folks swore the low was 25 lumens when they first arrived but SureFire said "nope, it's only 5".

My latest is a Streamlight Stylus 360. Why? 'Cause my buddy knucklegary showed me that one. A 2aaa inspection light with the ability to easily become a lantern.

Last edited:

3_gun

Enlightened
Sofirn SP36 BLF with diffuser mostly for use as a lantern. Run time at 125L well north of 30hrs. Started with a full charge & was still at 3.2v (as reported by the light) when I hit 30hrs. 125L is enough for a small bedroom, used in a tent at a lower level I'd expect even more run time.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sofirn SC21.

It's a small 16340 light that comes with a high-CRI emitter and true USB-C charging. UI is decent.

I already emitter-swapped mine to SST-20 4000K 95 CRI FD2 bin. Gives more throw, a smaller hotspot, warmer tint and higher CRI than stock.

caelyx

Newly Enlightened
Malkoff M61WLL in a VME head and an unshrouded 1CR123 body. The high CRI 3000k light is really pleasant, particularly around the house at night, and the size and clip make it very pocketable. A really neat package overall.

RamBull

Newly Enlightened
-Nichia 219b sw45k in Emisar D18 because it is one of my favorite emitters
-Nichia 219b sw27 (channel 2) and sw45k (channel 1) in the Noctigon K9.3 because I'm very curious about this emitter and want tint ramping with Toy Keepers new firmware.
-Nichia 219b sw45k in Jetbeam RRT01 modified by Sky Lumen to include four emitters versus one and glow gasket. I wanted a rotary with my favorite emitter.
-SBT90 in Mateminco MT90vn Spec C because 4million candela is king. I've been working a lot and this is a good way to treat myself. Get one of my dream flashlights.