What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Latest purchase: Wurkkos TS10 Titanium/Copper 4000K.

Because it has my favorite UI (Anduril), and I like the tailswitch, small size (14500), and great ergonomics (narrow waistline).
Screen Shot 2023-11-10 at 10.26.47 AM.png

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maglite 4D ML300L long running light. Because I didn't have a flashlight that would run so long, plus the fact that it was rated over 1000 Lumens, and had the highest candela rating of all of Maglite's offerings. Also runs on common D cells, available everywhere.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered a convoy M21a with 519a 5000k which I will probably dedome. Along with a battery and charger. And a lighted switch. And a diffuser. Why? Because I haven't tried the overwhelmingly popular Nichia offerings yet, and am looking for a larger more powerful light. But have no need for it

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I just ordered a convoy M21a with 519a 5000k which I will probably dedome. Along with a battery and charger. And a lighted switch. And a diffuser. Why? Because I haven't tried the overwhelmingly popular Nichia offerings yet, and am looking for a larger more powerful light. But have no need for it
Need?
That's a dirty, four-letter word around here. :LOL:

NRiyo3

Newly Enlightened
Emisar D1. I got it with a Cree 70.3 in 3000K. Head scallops are sharper than I like but it is a nice light overall.

IMG_9139.jpg
IMG_9005.jpg

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Bought another Rotary last month to replace the one I lost, and a few weeks later, thanks to the locator being on, a friend found it outside at his place and gave it back.

Got another two level E1L this summer, just because I like them.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
a few weeks later, thanks to the locator being on, a friend found it outside at his place and gave it back.
great to hear, congrats!

my latest purchase is another Novatac ;-)
120p.jpg

Question, for a Novatac carried in a Skiing backpack, do you think CR123 is necessarily better than 16340?

fwiw, I did a test, and it did not help answer that question
I put a Novatac and one of each battery type in my freezer for 2 hours, and then tested the output of each battery in the cold light, on my Lumen Tube.

I measured no significant output difference (using mode B set to 10 lumens and mode C at 40 lumens), to when the batteries were at house temperature..

Last edited:

Newguy2012

Enlightened
Prometheus beta qr 3 ti Ice. This like mine 6th or 7th beta light. The design is too cool for me to pass up. It has a 519a 9080. I always wanted a 9080 nichia but never around to one of my lights modded with one. The led is great fit to the reflector which give it a much larger hotspot and transition in the spill like the MC-E on the Alpha.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
I heard you can put the Aux emitters on a very low setting. But they still run anyway.
I think you have a misunderstanding.

Anduril has 4 brightness settings for the Aux: low, high, blink, off

Aux Off is completely off.

Although, the switch is electronic, so there is a small parasitic drain, unless you use physical lockout

here is a review that includes the parasitic drain details