What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maglite 4D ML300L long running light. Because I didn't have a flashlight that would run so long, plus the fact that it was rated over 1000 Lumens, and had the highest candela rating of all of Maglite's offerings. Also runs on common D cells, available everywhere.

Great light. Wish they made a grenade grip LX version.

member 786209

Newly Enlightened
Wurkkos TS11 because I feel like a need a thrower to play with. Ordered it direct from Wurkkos even though it's on Amazon for almost the same price so that I could get the 18650 body for it. It's orange. :)

This will be my first torch with Anduril, will be fun getting to grips with that.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Wurkkos TS11 because I feel like a need a thrower to play with. Ordered it direct from Wurkkos even though it's on Amazon for almost the same price so that I could get the 18650 body for it. It's orange. :)

This will be my first torch with Anduril, will be fun getting to grips with that.
Honestly, I'm just happy that the default setting on my TS10 is a good one.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another Great Little Light
IMG_5840.jpg

Wurkkos CuTi TS10 4000K w RGB Aux
the lowest mode is less than 0.01 Lumens, and there are a large number of very entertaining Aux color modes.. The low brightness Red Aux mode is perfect for my nightstand:
IMG_5841.jpg

Probably the best little Titanium host I can think of, for under $50. Fun Times! ;-)

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Another Great Little Light
Wurkkos CuTi TS10 4000K w RGB Aux
the lowest mode is less than 0.01 Lumens, and there are a large number of very entertaining Aux color modes.. The low brightness Red Aux mode is perfect for my nightstand
Wish they had that exact light with amber aux emitter like my Boss had.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wish they had that exact light with amber aux emitter like my Boss had.
not amber, and not in Titanium, Wurkkos calls this Orange Aux (this one is Silver anodised Aluminium, but is sold out):
IMG_5845.jpg

available in Brass w 3000K LEDs and Orange Aux

bear in mind that unlike the secondary in an Oveready, the TS10 Aux beam is not a directed beam. I would not be able to see the ground well enough to walk a path in the dark. I can only see something very close, like in the palm of my hand from 3 inches away
IMG_5849.jpg

Last edited:

Galane

Newly Enlightened
Olight i5T in Desert Tan. Got it in a mystery box in their latest sale. I was hoping to NOT get the highest priced one because this light was paired with a titanium bottle opener / multi tool (Otacle J1M) I have zero use for. It's shaped like the silhouette of a Maruder Mini.

I was hoping for the one that included an i5R in Regal Blue and a black i3E.

Falcon9h

Newly Enlightened
Wuben X1 and X2, love the flat design, just had to have one and it blows up the whole neighborhood. Tremendous wall of light.
Jetbeam M37 because I like the white and because it was there!

rhodiuman

Newly Enlightened
Icon work light.
Quite handy at work.
Love / hate the magnetic "base", seems to always pick up tools or grab onto stuff a bit too much at the wrong time.
When used intentionally however, it's quite strong and sticks like glue.

CE7548C1-FB3C-49DB-945D-596C1EC166FA.jpeg

Bob A

Newly Enlightened
I keep looking for the perfect combination(s) for carry lights.

I was happy with my original Surefire Backup, to the point that I thought I'd better back it up with a spare. By that time, the original had disappeared, and an EB-1 with the TIR lens was supposed to be equivalent. We;;, it was close, though a bit larger, a minor drawback.

Meanwhile I'd accumulated a variety of others, looking for more reach and brightness. I thought the Surefire Fury Intellibeam would cover my desre, but the broad flood was not what I wanted for outdoor use. Turns out that thanks to the intellibeam function, it's the perfect around-the-house light, though, so I'm happy with it, but kept looking.

I thought tjhe W2D Defender Ultra would fill the bill, but the beam, while bright, is short-range and too wide. However, I've been carrying it due to the tragic loss of my EB-1. Looking to replace the EB-1, it turns out that once again SUrefire has managed to halt production of a light that was close to my ideal.

So it was into search mode again. I just received an EDC1-DFT Turbo, with its rechargeable CR123, and the narrow center beam has the kind of reach I wanted. The spread is both superfluous to my needs and annoying, but I'm coming to grips with the fact that perfection will always elude me.

I have a strong dislike for multi-modes, and want a flashlight that come on full power, while allowing me to step down to low power if I wish. I like the clicky tailpiece; I had a light that would allow me to soft press for low, while a full press would give me a high beam, but sadly the function was limited to momentary use, and I'd have to twist the tailcap to lock the beam on. I gave it away; two hand fussing around was unpleasant.

I discovered the laser LED world last year, and got a fenix TK30, which dies what I wanted in a super-tight spot beam, but its usefulness is not universal, so it is relegated to specific circumstances. I've been scouring ebay and I think I found a used EB-1, which I'll probably get as well, as it's as close to what I want as I'm likely to find.

I did pick up an early Surefire Titan for the key ring, and it has proved handy; got it on a whim because it was used and pretty cheap.

All in all, I think I'm well covered, though someone here suggested getting headlamps for keeping the the cars; I'll probably get around to them eventually, just because they seem like they might be useful, not because I think I actually need them (though time will probably prove me wrong. If so, I hope I'd have already had hem at hand).

ViperaPiper

Newly Enlightened
I keep looking for the perfect combination(s) for carry lights.

I was happy with my original Surefire Backup, to the point that I thought I'd better back it up with a spare. By that time, the original had disappeared, and an EB-1 with the TIR lens was supposed to be equivalent. We;;, it was close, though a bit larger, a minor drawback.

Meanwhile I'd accumulated a variety of others, looking for more reach and brightness. I thought the Surefire Fury Intellibeam would cover my desre, but the broad flood was not what I wanted for outdoor use. Turns out that thanks to the intellibeam function, it's the perfect around-the-house light, though, so I'm happy with it, but kept looking.

I thought tjhe W2D Defender Ultra would fill the bill, but the beam, while bright, is short-range and too wide. However, I've been carrying it due to the tragic loss of my EB-1. Looking to replace the EB-1, it turns out that once again SUrefire has managed to halt production of a light that was close to my ideal.

So it was into search mode again. I just received an EDC1-DFT Turbo, with its rechargeable CR123, and the narrow center beam has the kind of reach I wanted. The spread is both superfluous to my needs and annoying, but I'm coming to grips with the fact that perfection will always elude me.

I have a strong dislike for multi-modes, and want a flashlight that come on full power, while allowing me to step down to low power if I wish. I like the clicky tailpiece; I had a light that would allow me to soft press for low, while a full press would give me a high beam, but sadly the function was limited to momentary use, and I'd have to twist the tailcap to lock the beam on. I gave it away; two hand fussing around was unpleasant.

I discovered the laser LED world last year, and got a fenix TK30, which dies what I wanted in a super-tight spot beam, but its usefulness is not universal, so it is relegated to specific circumstances. I've been scouring ebay and I think I found a used EB-1, which I'll probably get as well, as it's as close to what I want as I'm likely to find.

I did pick up an early Surefire Titan for the key ring, and it has proved handy; got it on a whim because it was used and pretty cheap.

All in all, I think I'm well covered, though someone here suggested getting headlamps for keeping the the cars; I'll probably get around to them eventually, just because they seem like they might be useful, not because I think I actually need them (though time will probably prove me wrong. If so, I hope I'd have already had hem at hand).
You have a very similar struggle to mine. I just love the beam shape, throw and head size of the LX2 which has to be the same LED and reflector as the E1B. I just want a shorter version like the unreleased LX1 but with a bit more output and some knurling. Sadly no offering by Surefire or any other manufacturer comes close. :(
How is the TK30 by the way? I've been eyeballing it for some time and really like its size and design compared to all the other LEPs.