What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Yup, same. But I'm looking for a genuine tactical light from the various better Chinese brands. Already acquired several flashlights that come close, but always manage to drop the ball in some way, shape or form.

Seriously, I wish I could LEGO different parts from each one to make the ideal, genuine tactical light. Ironically, the nearest I've come with lights I already own.... Is a certain model that badly malfunctioned on me back in August and the emitter burned out!

Bogie

Enlightened
In the last week or so
Minimus headlamp
Y/G & IR Helmet light
V1-C Vampire Red/IR
Sidewinder Aviation model (Blu/Grn/IR/Wht)
6P body
G2 body
Tactician tailcap
Z61 tailcap

Wanted some more IR options and didn't have a Minimus yet

Attachments

• IMG_0638.jpeg
    IMG_0638.jpeg
    515.5 KB · Views: 57

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup, same. But I'm looking for a genuine tactical light from the various better Chinese brands. Already acquired several flashlights that come close, but always manage to drop the ball in some way, shape or form.

Seriously, I wish I could LEGO different parts from each one to make the ideal, genuine tactical light. Ironically, the nearest I've come with lights I already own.... Is a certain model that badly malfunctioned on me back in August and the emitter burned out!

Now you have my attention... if you could Lego such a light what would it consist of?

Bob A

Newly Enlightened
You have a very similar struggle to mine. I just love the beam shape, throw and head size of the LX2 which has to be the same LED and reflector as the E1B. I just want a shorter version like the unreleased LX1 but with a bit more output and some knurling. Sadly no offering by Surefire or any other manufacturer comes close. :(
How is the TK30 by the way? I've been eyeballing it for some time and really like its size and design compared to all the other LEPs.
TK30 is an amazing thing. Its usefulness is a little limited within an urban neighborhood, but when you have appropriate linear distance, it shines. So to speak.

Being a gizmo addict, I might start looking for an HT30r, but that would be gilding the ridiculous. Doubtless I will get one, though, in time.

PaladinNO

Enlightened
Anyone familiar with Fireflies...?
https://www.ff-light.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=83

Was a new brand to me, and a complete impulse buy, but I bought a Fireflies PL47MU 2 days ago.
"PL47MU 9x Nichia E21A Mix 3800K 2200 Lumen".

I have for some time now wanted a high-CRI, full flood headlamp that was more powerful than my current 1x AAA Manker E02H for detail work (mostly when I build computers). Not familiar with the Nichia E21A chip, but CRI99 and 3800K sounds PERFECT for me, and while the 2200 Lumens is overkill for my needs, I would not have it any other way.

Last edited:

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone familiar with Fireflies...?

Was a new brand to me, and a complete impulse buy, but I bought a Fireflies PL47MU 2 days ago.
"PL47MU 9x Nichia E21A Mix 3800K 2200 Lumen".

I have for some time now wanted a high-CRI, full flood headlamp that was more powerful than my current 1x AAA Manker E02H for detail work (mostly when I build computers). Not familiar with the Nichia E21A chip, but CRI99 and 3800K sounds PERFECT for me, and while the 2200 Lumens is overkill for my needs, I would not have it any other way.
I think it has been fairly well demonstrated on this website that Chinese manufacturer's lumen specs cannot be believed offhand. In other words, take them with a grain of salt unless proven independently by non-biased, trustworthy person(s).

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Lumintop GT4695

Just too interesting of a light
~ ramping output
~ press 1sec. for moon mode
~ double click for turbo
~ 4A Type C charging
~ 32Ah battery,, not typo
~ powerbank capable
$103 total cost

@orbital

What's your verdict on the light? Thumbs up / down...
How $103?

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
@orbital

What's your verdict on the light? Thumbs up / down...
How $103?
+

Just arrived yesterday, so a slight delay, no biggie.
There was a 35% coupon at neals, that's now over.

The chassis is very nice build, really nice.
comes in lockout mode, so you have to unlock, 4 clicks does it.
The emitter is huge and cool tint, I'll lay a tint filter over it while ceiling bounce..

One thing I not thrilled on is the battery is permanent,, meaning chassis is glued.
I understand why, it's to keep monkeys from putting a three 21700 (series) carrier in it and blowing the driver,
then complaining endlessly online & doing a warranty anyway.
So Lumintop made a company decision on that specific light w/ that giant 46950 battery = make it monkey proof.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Three in one day.
1 - Convoy C8 SFT40 emitter w/ holster, battery, and charger.

2 - Eagtac P200LC2 (I think I found the best, genuine tactical light from a Chinese maker. After quite frankly searching for too long and coming up short. Numerous lights that came incredibly close, only to drop the ball in some way, shape or form. With the Thrunite TT20 and the Wurkkos TD03 failing due to the minor-est of reasons. Though I still love both. So yes, the best out there in terms of all the important features is a light that was released nearly a decade ago. But my version is over 1200 rated lumens so that helps.)

3 - Nitecore P10iX (Haven't had a clip-carried All-flood light in decades since I bought my SureFire L4. And yes I did order a spare proprietary Nitecore battery to ensure my new light doesn't become a useless paperweight 5 years from now.)

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Three in one day.
1 - Convoy C8 SFT40 emitter w/ holster, battery, and charger.

2 - Eagtac P200LC2 (I think I found the best, genuine tactical light from a Chinese maker. After quite frankly searching for too long and coming up short. Numerous lights that came incredibly close, only to drop the ball in some way, shape or form. With the Thrunite TT20 and the Wurkkos TD03 failing due to the minor-est of reasons. Though I still love both. So yes, the best out there in terms of all the important features is a light that was released nearly a decade ago. But my version is over 1200 rated lumens so that helps.)

3 - Nitecore P10iX (Haven't had a clip-carried All-flood light in decades since I bought my SureFire L4. And yes I did order a spare proprietary Nitecore battery to ensure my new light doesn't become a useless paperweight 5 years from now.)
Nice choices. Now you have me looking at Eagtac. They have a lot of lights with cool interface options. I might have to pick up one of them.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice choices. Now you have me looking at Eagtac. They have a lot of lights with cool interface options. I might have to pick up one of them.

Their P200LR looks really good, especially with the ability to message ET on Ali and request them to put in an LED of your choice in. I'm definitely getting one sometime down the line.

I just recently got an Eagtac D25C2 Mini with a 3500K 519A and although it's a pretty old model, I like it quite a bit. It's a pretty compact 16650 twisty light and has 3 output levels, none are especially dim or bright, but all very useable. There's also a bunch of hidden flashing modes accessed by cycling LMH LMH. A great light for the 27 bucks I got it for, shipping and battery included, but they've raised the price after I ordered mine.

parang

Newly Enlightened
Armytek Wizard C1 Pro Warm
My Acebeam TK16 "died suddenly" from being dropped on a wooden floor from one meter high and the Armyteks are 10 meter shock proof. I am happy with its bigger version, so it was an easy choice. I think 18350 is the perfect EDC size.
20231211_125703.jpg

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Noctigon KR1 XP-L HI 4000K. I finally gave up, this is my first lantern with anduril. Now I'm going to study this terrifying anduril scheme

The main reason is that it is cheap, still has good brightness (although it does not last long), and is well made. This is a weapon of revenge against a couple of idiots with unadjusted LED headlights and is also good at scaring away drug addicts who are trying to bury drugs on the common lawn

1702466614099.png

Attachments

• Noctigon KR1 my 7.jpg
    Noctigon KR1 my 7.jpg
    488.6 KB · Views: 47

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
CRK small inkosi and Peak copper eiger ultra sw45k

I really enjoy the simplicity of Peak lights. Potted, twisty, custom LEDs, made in USA, duel fuel, and available in nice metals. Ultra reliability is what I go for
IMG_0085.jpeg

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Their P200LR looks really good, especially with the ability to message ET on Ali and request them to put in an LED of your choice in. I'm definitely getting one sometime down the line.
Something is wrong with mine. I think I know the issue. But will need to do more testing before I'm 100% sure. (If I'm right, I already know how to fix it.)

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Armyteks are 10 meter shock proof.
If you investigate, I believe you will find that is not rated to FL1 standards, nor likely any other established standards, (despite their desire to have people assume it is). Not knocking the light itself, 'but just sayin'.