Votes: 80 33.1%
  • D10

Votes: 114 47.1%
  • LOL.Both

Votes: 57 23.6%

• Total voters

edc3

Enlightened
D10 for now and probably an EX10 later. Funny, I took a couple of months off CPF to save money and the first day back I drop $50.

Nobody tell my wife.:devil:

streetmaster

Enlightened
I want to get the D10 but I ran out of flashlight-budget :( So neither EX10 nor D10 for me...
+1 Me too. I guess I can wait to see all the reviews and go from there. It's gonna drive me nuts reading about these knowing I don't have one on order.

Last edited:

1dash1

Enlightened
its exactly the same as the ndi:ohgeez:

I haven't seen any side-by-side comparisons, but the D10's and the NDIs output and runtimes are similar.

Differences:
1. D10 cheaper.
2. D10 got rid of the annoying (IMO) flashing modes.
3. D10's took the allegedly "intuitive" NDI snappy-twist interface and converted it into the more intuitive (IMO) press-button interface, including a momentary on feature.
4. D10's knurling is much more aggressive (and more useful IMO) than the NDI's.
5. D10 got rid of the antiquated (IMO) crenelated bezel of the NDI.
6. In theory, the D10's switch design is more reliable.
7. In certain applications, there are advantages to the "nonconductive" barrel design.

Notwithstanding the above, you could say that the D10 is just a fancier version of the NDI. It certainly doesn't do anything more than the NDI did, it just does it more elegantly.

So why the buzz? In my opinion, it's because Nightcore has a feature that demonstrably sets itself apart from the rest of the market, i.e., the piston drive system. It simultaneously launched both the 123-form and the AA-form (great marketing ploy!). It paid a lot of attention to the small details that make the flashlight easier to use (thoughtfully done!). And it did so at a surprisingly low price point. :thumbsup:

Of course, the proof is in the pudding. We won't know if the product launch is successful until after the consumers have had some time to use their new lights.

P.S. I found one thing that the D10 can do that the NDI can't ...
....... tailstand! :devil:

Last edited:

ecallahan

Enlightened
I ordered the EX10. I really didn't need another flashlight because I recently picked up the NDI and P2D. I need to quit reading this forum before my wife finds out. I ordered the EX10 because of its size and aesthetics.

tricker

Enlightened
um no,the ndi is a AA and that torch in the link is a cr123.:nana:
I didn't use that link to compare, just stating efficiency was the same so this is for flashy

here you go

NDI
http://www.nitecore.com/pages/products/ndi/

Output & Runtime: AA battery
Maximum output 130 lumens, for about 50 minutes (with brightness declines to 50%)
Minimum output 3 lumens, for about 45 hours (with brightness declines to 50%)

Li-ion Battery
Maximum output 130 lumens, for about 80 minutes (with brightness declines to 50%)
Minimum output 5 lumens, for about 60 hours (with brightness declines to 50%)

D10

http://www.nitecore.com/pages/products/d10/
AA battery
Maximum output 130 lumens, for about 50 minutes (with brightness declines to 50%)
Minimum output 3 lumens(1%), for about 45 hours (with brightness declines to 50%)

Li-ion Battery
Maximum output 130 lumens, for about 80 minutes (with brightness declines to 50%)
Minimum output 5 lumens(1%), for about 60 hours (with brightness declines to 50%

THEY ARE EXACTLY THE SAME:poke:

Last edited:

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't use that link to compare, just stating efficiency was the same so this is for flashy

here you go

NDI
http://www.nitecore.com/pages/products/ndi/

Output & Runtime: AA battery
Minimum output 3 lumens, for about 45 hours (with brightness declines to 50%)

Li-ion Battery
Minimum output 5 lumens, for about 60 hours (with brightness declines to 50%)

D10

http://www.nitecore.com/pages/products/d10/
AA battery
Minimum output 3 lumens(1%), for about 45 hours (with brightness declines to 50%)

Li-ion Battery
Minimum output 5 lumens(1%), for about 60 hours (with brightness declines to 50%

THEY ARE EXACTLY THE SAME:poke:

here you go, specs for the NEX (which I had referenced specifically, although I see now you didn't check it out as it was in a different thread):

CR123 battery
Maximum output 190 lumens, for about 75 minutes (with brightness declines to 50%)
Minimum output 2 lumens, for about 120 hours (with brightness declines to 50%)
Li-ion Battery
Maximum output 200 lumens, for about 50 minutes (with brightness declines to 50%)
Minimum output 2 lumens, for about 60 hours (with brightness declines to 50%)

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
here you go, specs for the NEX (which I had referenced specifically, although I see now you didn't check it out as it was in a different thread):

CR123 battery
Maximum output 190 lumens, for about 75 minutes (with brightness declines to 50%)
Minimum output 2 lumens, for about 120 hours (with brightness declines to 50%)
Li-ion Battery
Maximum output 200 lumens, for about 50 minutes (with brightness declines to 50%)
Minimum output 2 lumens, for about 60 hours (with brightness declines to 50%)

According to NDI website,

liion battery
130 lumens with 80 minutes to 50%
minimum output 5 lumens for 60 hours (cannot compare them)

So there you go. I wonder how you base your conclusion that the NDI is more efficient than these new lights from the specifications

Oh and btw, lower brightness doesnt mean lower efficiency.

Last edited:

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
shiftd,

what is the problem here?

NEX is listed by the manufacturer as capable of producing 190 lumens for 75 minutes on the 123 primary.

The EX10 is listed at 130 lumens for 50 minutes on the primary.

How is this not less efficient? You have a different definition?

ibcj

Enlightened
shiftd,

NEX is listed by the manufacturer as capable of producing 190 lumens for 75 minutes on the 123 primary.

I think you got the EX10 runtime mixed up with the D10. The D10 is 50 minutes on a AA cell, the EX10 is 110 minutes on a CR123 primary, according to the nitecore site.

mighty82

Enlightened
shiftd,

EX10:

* Runtimes on CR123A (until 50%)
Max: 130 lumens, 110 minutes
Min: 3 lumens, 65 hours or 2.7 days!

* Runtimes on RCR123A (protected only)
Max: 130 lumens, 80 minutes
Min: 5 lumens, 60 hours or 2.5 days!

Where did you get 130 lumens for 50 minutes from?

Last edited:

tricker

Enlightened
the NEX isn't putting 190 lumens out the front......its only gonna be around 130.....the only light much higher than that is the Arc6 which runs direct drive to do so and gets so hot it can only gets held for 2 minutes....my P1d says 180 lumens, but comparing emmiter lumens to torch lumens is useless