What will you look forward to when covid is over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really look forward to traveling a bit. Wife and I used to head down to Florida for a week here and a week there. Visit her Uncle, walk on the beach, decompress a bit. Pack up the camper and go. Blackened scallops and an after dinner walk by the water sounds really good right now.
I alway wanted to check out the Florida Keys and Margaritaville. When on warm water beaches my face (stress) wrinkles seem to vanish😎

Poppy

Flashaholic
Yesterday, my sister sent me a picture of my other sister and my dad basking in the sun at the community pool in her development in Florida, @ 75 degrees F. I sent her a screen shot of my weather app. 18 degrees F. feels like 9. ! With a picture of me and the dog on the couch, basking in 72F. LOL

raggie33

*the raggedier*
grew up in south florida ft lauderdale wpb boca etc its great there in winter summer sucks . ps i sure miss the woman on south beach lol

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
I look forward to going to a small, packed venue to watch a good punk rock show.

I don't miss being packed like sardines at the DMV when renewing my license or strangers breathing down my neck in line at a gas station. I hope some of this social distancing lingers at least as common courtesy.

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
COVID mutates enough that it isn't going anywhere without complete vaccination rates.

Get you vaccine, or don't, and behave with an acceptable risk tolerance for you and those you care about, and move on with life.

Cree XHP 70 LED

Newly Enlightened
Huh? I'm 42 and married with kids. I've been there and done that with COVID twice. Both times were no worse than a bad cold. I dunno where you are going with your

COVID has been over in Florida for awhile now. It's all about mindset. Try going out without your mask. It's nice. Haven't worn one in 12-15 months.
Yeah, I am south of you in Florida. I never wore the face diaper. Ever. I only had one store manager at a high end grocery store politely tell me, "I had to wear a mask to shop there, not his policy corporates in another state." I politely told him okay, "I will be leaving then." He said, "okay" and I went to Publix. However, that was well over a year ago, when all the sheep just listened to Fauci and the CDC. I don't play thier games and never have. Also had covid a couple times I'm sure, but I never got tested. That's just to collect your DNA.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Getting some dental work done, assuming the numbers ever drop low enough that doing so falls within my comfort zone.

Sadly, this pandemic changed me permanently in many ways, not all for the better, so even if/when it goes away, the mindset won't. This is sort of like how the Great Depression permanently changed the mindset of my grandparents, turning them extremely frugal for the rest of their lives. Now to me people are mainly a source of contagion, so I'll be wearing masks in public places indoors permanently. On the plus side, that helps with things like colds or flu. I don't really like to be sick anyway. I noticed mask wearing in Asia became a fixture after SARs, especially during cold/flu season. No more eating at restaurants, but in truth I very rarely did so, don't really enjoy it anyway. I prefer takeout/eating at home.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
LOL if you live in the Florida keys, there is no such thing as stress! :)
I hope you get a chance to spend some time there.
For me the heat would be a huge source of stress. I celebrate when summer ends in NYC. Couldn't imagine living in a place that's like a NY summer 10 out of 12 months. Some of us enjoy cooler weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts