What's the biggest and baddest LED flashlight that you have?

jk037

Newly Enlightened
Biggest & baddest? Probably the Lenser X21. Somewhere in the region of 1,000 lumens; mediocre compared to many lights mentioned here but for my purposes (I do out-of-hours standby cover for high-voltage substations) it's variable focus and intense output is awesome. Tightly-focused beam for picking out - and probably blinding - intruders at a distance; bright even flood for visually surveying faulty equipment. Oh, and it's big and heavy enough to offer some reassurance in the dead of night!

Next best is my Trustfire 3T6; similar output to the Lenser but the beam is fixed and therefore a compromise between flood and throw, more on the floody side. A good backup for the Lenser when I'm on call.

Now an X21 using seven XM-Ls rather than the XR-Es in the current model, and NiMh or Li-Ions rather than alkalines? THAT would be epic! :)

aL01

Newly Enlightened
My baddest light is my 2D Mag/Malkoff 240 Lumen Drop-in

My brightest light is an L2P/Nailbender XM-L 3-Mode CW

a4f7119c.jpg
6610c99f.jpg

c6414ef6.jpg
d7937783.jpg

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have bought 12 top grade LED flashlights so far, but I have not yet bought a super-bright LED flashlight yet. I have 5 lights that run up to 650-700 ANSI lumens, but thats the brightest. I guess the main reason is that I really dont need anything much brighter, and dont even use the brightest settings on those lights that I have.

But here they are: 1. ZL Sc600 2. Eagletac G25C2 3. Sunwayman T20CS 4. Jetbeam Pa 10 5. iTp A6

I will probably buy an EL ST-90 Search & Rescue though. 2200 lumens, but 130,000 lux!

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
The SR90 won't touch this light.

I can take a picture on auto exposure and a 3 sec shutter speed and make it look like the trees on fire like some do on here. That picture above was 1.4 sec shutter on manual exposure.

This light puts out right at 3600 lumens.

But I read the thread wrong. This isn't a LED light. So I deleted my picture.

Last edited:

Dieselbeast

Newly Enlightened
My biggest and brightest flashlight is an O-light SR-92. It works well for me. Good spill and decent throw.

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
:confused: 1) What's the biggest and baddest LED flashlight you own?
:devil: 2) How many lumens does it put out?
:sick2: 3) How often do you use it?

Torchlab triple H3.
1400 beautiful high-CRI 4000K lumens.
Any chance I get - about once per week (Or hours at a time on tunnel trips)

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Varapower Turbo 2.0. Not sure about the lumens since I requested the warm version and most of the tests were for the cooler colors but it makes a lot of light. I don't have the best test equipment but I estimate about 80,000 Lux with the reflector and almost 150,000 with the aspheric lens kit.

My TrustFire X6 SST-90. Great throw and spill - a most under-rated light. Probably because it was regareded as 'budget' when it first came out but at $140 it wasn't budget in Nov 2010 and is much less so now.

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast

I can take a picture on auto exposure and a 3 sec shutter speed and make it look like the trees on fire like some do on here. That picture above was 1.4 sec shutter on manual exposure.

Yeah, I guess its difficult to judge how bright a certain flashlight is by pictures alone. I've watched Youtube videos of just about every light I've bought before hand, and many of them either look brighter than in the video, or not as bright.

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
Yea it all depends on the exposure used and shutter speed of the camera or how the video camera is adjusted to pick up the beam. Like I said some use auto exposure on here and their camera uses a 3 to 5 sec shutter speed. That picture I posted was on manual exposure and 1.4 sec shutter. Big difference. If I took a picture like some on here, that tree would be on fire.

Last edited:

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast

The SR90 moded with the newer SBT-90 LED will give your halogen light a run for it's money.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
My
Olight SR95 UT
Varapower Turbo Dedomed
Xtar S1
Thrunite TN31

Benson

Flashlight Enthusiast
Biggest, baddest, and brightest in candela, is my DEFT-slaying LED Torpedo (thanks, ma_sha1!)
Probably "only" about 300 lumens OTF, but well over 300kcd. Yes, it throws a tidy square on cloud bases.

Brightest in lumens, the Skyray King (a TM-11 clone), about 2000lm.

välineurheilija

Enlightened
My biggest and baddest are two different lights the biggest is a stock Maglite 6D and the baddest is a Fenix TK40.i keep the Fenix in my car and dont use it very often but its there if i need a lot of light :)