Whats the most expensive flashlight you have ever lost?

awenta

Enlightened
Re: Lost another Surefire flashlight, LX2 Lumamax

Alot of E2DLs lost! I lost one too, at a quarry. Noticed just soon enough to watch the 20 ton loader run it over then back over it and scoop it up into tens of thousands of tons of septic sand. I'm sure it survived and somebody enjoyed a nice surprise after dumping or spreading a load. Sad, sad day last year; still bothers me. That light has got to have the worst designed clip of any light I've ever seen. An LX2 clip on that light is awesome.

Last edited:

awenta

Enlightened
Long before I discovered this site, I had already owned a Surefire A2 that I had lost at an amusement park. I thought I had secured it in my velcroed pocket but I guess due to some G-forces, it was gone in a blink of an eye. :sigh:

Languished in wanting a replacement, I ended up buying another A2 (I just love the engineering behind it) and I keep it safe with the help of a lanyard. This one is not going to disappear soon if I can help it.

As far as losing flashlights goes, this is my most expensive loss to date although I've had my car broken into in the past...but that's another story.

Haha me too. I keep my LX2 on a lanyard and use a carabiner to clip it to a belt loop.

ExZeRoEx

Enlightened
Off the top of my head I have no idea where my "Neutral White Quark AA Tactical" from 8/09 is and an Aleph Mule from 2008.

SmeServer

Newly Enlightened
For me it was a flashlight that I had had for 8 years and had survived me and my vehicles well. It survived underwater, being driven over by the car and used as beacon a few times just by removing the head and placing it high up.

Maglite 3D cell with incandescent bulb. Bought in 1996 and lost in 2004

I was unpacking 4x4 I had spent the weekend away in and on one of the many trips of unloading 'stuff' and a chain of us carrying it in and up 4 floors to my flat (thank to the lift) it must have been picked up or dropped in that area and it was gone.

Being black and it was night didn't help. I searched that 4x4 thoroughly but couldn't find it :(

I suffered with a few basic cheap torches for a while but in the end splashed out and bought a Surefire 6p to replace it. I did OK for a while then upgraded it to rechargable cells and it now uses the 17670 cells.

Recently at a show here in the UK for Emergency Services Support I picked up an LED Lenser P5 with holster and that is now my everyday torch/light and mostly stays clipped to my belt.

Most of my friends that have things clipped to their belt have swiss army knives or a multitool but I've not reached that yet. Mind you, most don't carry torches either ;)

The 1 AA for the Lenser is very good and it does the job. I've got 4 cells for the Surefire and still carry that with me too. Considering Glo Toobs next :D :D :D After I've been paid of course ;)

boost_guy

Newly Enlightened
Just had my 6p stolen at work. Bored for 18650, UCL lens, Vinh's 4.2 amp XM-L dropin, IMR 18650. I normally wear it in a surefire holster, but I had to take it off because of the job I was doing. I put it in my lunchbox and when I came back it was gone. The worst part is I just put this light together last week, and hadn't really had an opportunity to use it. Man do I feel like a dummy.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
As of yesterday...I can't find my Lambda Light 3C, and I'm worried I left it at an inspection site by accident.

I'm HOPING that I actually stashed it somewhere I normally wouldn't, and simply need to remember where that would be/come across it...as opposed to leaving it a random site somewhere.

:ohgeez:

Orange Sunnyboy

Newly Enlightened
Mine's a Mako from the latest run. $205 odd. Seller didn't get tracking so both postal services basically told me to jump :( All the worse because it was such a limited run. Also thought I'd lost my Tk35 but found it a couple of weeks later in my parents' garage.

iron potato

Enlightened
Last month, where I shipped back to the supplier for an exchange for my Olight S65 Baton, which had an annoying buzzing, lost it while on its way back to HK.

Postal service couldn't trace it back... maybe I shouldn't ship it back, just bear with the buzzing.... kinda miss it now when I saw my Eneloops homeless :(

Couldn't bear with their lost, I ordered a new bunker for them, which is on its way ~ (Fenix TK41+AOD-L)

PaleBlueDot

Newly Enlightened
My Surefire Nitrolon G2 four years back. While it definitely isn't expensive compared to some of the lights mentioned in this thread, I was 18 when I bought it and working a minimum wage job. Must have taken me two months to save for that after spending on gas, food, rent, etc.

I just put it down somewhere in my grandfather's house over Christmas holidays and couldn't find it after we did the big clean up post present opening. It's coming up to half a decade since I lost it, but I still look under the couch, top of the ref, behind the book case, in the CD cabinet and so on whenever I come to visit.

Wisdom

Newly Enlightened
Thought I lost a Hi-CRI Titanium Mule on a trip from Asia to the US.. tried to go back to the gate and ended up having to ask someone to page the flight crew to look for it. I could hear one end of the phone conversation between the lady who was helping me and the individual she was speaking to and could tell the other side was exasperated that I'd put so much effort into finding a flashlight.

..I found the light shortly after in my carry-on bag =) Oops!
-\Visdom

Daekar

Enlightened
Wow, some expensive losses! I have two missing lights... the first was Lumapower Hunter, complete with a Pila 18650, back in the day when the new XR-E was king, and Q-bin flux emitters were a fanciful dream of the future ... gave it to my wife for a trip, and it never came back. The other one was a Zebralight H501 I think, whatever their very first AA model was. Lost it in the move from my last apartment to our old rental house... still no idea where it is! Really miss it, too, but I have a PT Apex modded with a 4D hip pack and warmer, brighter Seoul P4 that is old but reliable.

God willing those will be the only ones lost!!

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Far be it for me to beat a dead horse, but this looks like the perfect title to add the loss of my Manker MK34 to. I saw my mk34vn, but wanted to use the floodier beam of the stock model when I realized it was missing. I used it in the kitchen last and opened up every box and crate that I packed, just to make sure I didn't pack it by accident. Between realtors, exterminators, handymen, potential buyers, and my wife's family (she had a party) I'd say it's pretty much gone. How will I ever replace it (acebeam x80 you say?)

aphid

Newly Enlightened
Surefire Titan+ lost from a bag i carry with me everyday to work....small enough to lose and bright enough to miss!
Sometimes i misplace these things and they eventually turn up but, not this one!

pageyjim

Enlightened
A Lumapower Signature LX that I carried for 5+ years. I still can't decide on what light to carry every day. The only reason I lost it was that my helper wasn't carrying a light and I lost track of it. I told him to always carry a 6 in 1 screwdriver and a flashlight.

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of those yellow, flat, plastic ones with the non removable batteries and the white plastic slide switch one the back, maybe.
I also don't know where a plastic, I guess it was 3 C cell battery angle head light went, but that was like 25 years ago.

- accidentally reported my own post instead of posting. Oops, lol.