What's the story on Mexican made Surefire incandescent lamp assemblies?

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
At this point, the only SF lamp assembly for the standard line of non-rechargeables I have never seen a Made in Mexico version of is the P61, but I'm sure they must exist as well.

I don't recall ever seeing any lamp assemblies from Surefire's incandescent rechargeable line that were labeled Made in Mexico. Does anyone know of such an example?

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking through the stash, I just noticed a Made in Mexico X80 lamp assembly. So, it wasn't just confined to the P60/D26 sized lamp assemblies.

And it's also marked "Laser Products". This is the lamp assembly for the 8X or 8AX Commander.

2yjvq5i.jpg

2pq89xs.jpg

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Thanks for the update(s).

I was priveledged to receive a Mexican made R30 a few months ago. It was burnt unfortunately, but it looks cool displayed with other vintage Laser Products stuff.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
IIRC my R30 was new in the package. I might have to go digging for that one, I'm guessing it's pretty rare to have one of those with Mexico markings.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I recently put a Chinese made Yuji led in my Mexican made R30 and put that into an American made 3P clone.

IMG_20180405_181801.jpg

And who says this aint a great country?

Last edited:

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haha, that's funny! My search continues... I need to find a P61. If I get really OCD I need to find a frosted and unfrosted bulb version of this.