whats your EDC gear consist of ?

Leeoniya

Enlightened
IMG_8044_2.jpg

not pictured: phone, sharpie pen, timex expedition watch w/tiny compass and car keys w/photon 3 (cause they are missing as of yesterday :( )

Last edited:

_Shawn_

Newly Enlightened
LOL, so if some kids break into your place to steal some beer ("unlawful entry and committed a crime") you'll just gun 'em down right? Gimme a break..................I'm moving to Canada
[/indent]

Why Canada? Oh yeah, the drinking age there is different than the US, therefore fewer kids feel the need to break in and steal your beer. They can purchase without the need to steal your stuff.. :poke:

Anyway, have fun in Canada.:whistle:

I think it's now time to get back to subject... if i remember correctly it was something about EDC items......

Keys,
L1D,
wallet,
phone,
and sometimes a knife/other tools needed for the day.

Last edited:

wotblake

Newly Enlightened
My 340PD is what I carry daily. Sometimes if I'm heading to bad area or doing a large cash transaction I carry a Glock 23.

If you break into my house, you're meeting my AR15.:thumbsup:

I think wotblake was defending the choice of a .357 revolver for EDC, not necessarily for home defense.

My firearm of choice for home defense is rifle. A shotgun would be a good second choice in certain limited circumstances. Neither of those is very appropriate for EDC.

nosuchagency

Newly Enlightened
i edc way too much crap (and will spare you), but thought i'd share a new item i recently picked up:

maxpeditionocta.jpg

maxpedition OCTA versipack (with torch lair). i can't say enough good things about their gear.

Brownstone

Enlightened
Well, it's getting to be summertime, so I have to strip down my EDC to what I can comfortably carry in shorts and a tee-shirt.

1. Gun
2. Knife
3. CB Radio
4. Flashlight
5. Keys

edc_improbable.jpg

:laughing:

Last edited:

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
On shirt or jacket: Fenix LOD CE- Streamlight Microstream combo on 10440s:devil:
Belt carry: CR123 green laser, Surefire A2 green LEDs, Fenix TK-10
Keychain: Fenix P1D Q5, Arc AAA U.V., Fenix E0, a green, a blue coin cell LED
Night out: Novatac 120P (that low low is great for reading menus)
then maybe later... ;) ORB Raw 2 stage green
(on low great for setting a "relaxing mood")

Last edited:

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine is:

1. Assorted cards. I don't use a wallet.
2. 16gb SanDisk Cruzer Micro
3. Plantronics Voyager 855 Stereo BT Head Set
4. MOTOKRZR K1
5. Milky E1B Transformer
6. LiteFlux LF3XT and AW Nylon Holster
7. NDI 2nd Gen.
8. Photon Freedom Micro
9. Fenix LOD Q4
10. Keys w/Fenix LOD CE and toothpick holder
11. Watch
12. Zebra Mini Telescoping Pen
13. Whole Foods Market Peppermint Lip Balm
14. Leatherman Juice XE6 and REI nylon holster
15. Gerber Fast Draw Spring Assisted, Serrated Edge
16. SanDisk Sansa e280 8gb w SONY MDR-EX51 Headphones

EDCList2.jpg

Last edited:

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, it's getting to be summertime, so I have to strip down my EDC to what I can comfortably carry in shorts and a tee-shirt.

1. Gun
2. Knife
3. CB Radio
4. Flashlight
5. Keys

edc_improbable.jpg

:laughing:
:crackup::crackup::crackup:. Thanks for the bit of humor at a time when things were gettin' a little too serious in here!:sick2: LOL....way loud!

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
theres just no way those keys can fit in those shorts ...just no way :laughing:

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seeing all these necessities that we all carry makes me wonder... does everyone carry this crap in their pockets or as some appear to do in here in a pack?

Since I started carrying a firearm, I've been looking for just the right pants to carry all my knifes, cell phone, spare mags and keys etc. Now that I've become a flashoholic, I'm about to run out of pockets to carry everything in, unless I want to wear cargo pants every day that look like the seems are about to bust out packed to the hilt!

I don't want to look like a throw back to the 80's geek wearing a "Fanny Pack", but the Maxpedition stuff looks very practical.

So what DOES everyone carry their essential gear in?:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Dan

Last edited:

aussiebob

Enlightened
LOL, so if some kids break into your place to steal some beer ("unlawful entry and committed a crime") you'll just gun 'em down right? Gimme a break..................I'm moving to Canada
[/indent]
Doesnt really seem fair getting gunned down for stealing beer does it.
However i doubt a sensible person would ever use lethal force for that, if your life is threatened thats diferent.

If you hated someone you could invite them over and then say they were a intruder and shoot them.

Evey system has its flaws

smg

Newly Enlightened
[/indent]
Ok... so in your scenario, you know exactly why the kids have broken into your home? How did you get the information that these are innocent school children who have simply lost their way and only want some beer, rather than knife/gun carrying gang members who will do anything to avoid being sent back to prison? :rolleyes: If they are in my house, in the middle of the night, they had better listen VERY closely to my instructions.

Good luck in Canada. I'm sure the government will keep you safe up there.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
on person :
Keys.
phone
Lunasol 20.
money clip. cash and amex DL.

Bailout bag.
ICOM IC92 d
BC396
backup (GSM world) phone
Ipod nano gen 3 (newest) 8 gig full
Ipod classic 80 gig mostly full
etymotic headphones
pens including a retro 51 titanium pen and a fisher space pen.
Binoculars nikon 10x25
8gig memory key with all critical data (family)
SRK swiss champ
Cash
calculator (OLD HP 22s)
PSP
DS
Camera
Lunasol 27
magnifying glass aluminum with ring of Leds
10X Lupe
compass
lighter
Cold steel recon one (old Japanese version)
GPS
MOleskine note book x2
plastic battery boxes (aa and cr123)
Small emergency medical kit (very complete)
Other odds and ends.
I almost always have a book to read with me when I go out.

When going to work I also take a Backpack with a Laptop and more computer related equipment.

BTW guys in case you do not know. It is not advisable to put a lot of stuff on a keychain which your CAR keys are attached to. The weight of a bunch of stuff pulling on the ignition of the car is bad for the IS and will cause rapid wear and tear.
I have my car keys on a quick release so that they are the only things hanging from the ignition switch. I highly recommend that you do the same. Adding things like knives multi tools flashlights are just too much and may cause the switch to fail.
Yaesumofo

Snipe315

Newly Enlightened
We all are legally and ethically obligated to find every possible solution out of a violent encounter before we can escalate to use of the gun.

"Even to the point of getting beaten up and humiliated, if it doesn't rise to the standard of grievous bodily harm or crippling injury, we just have to take it. That's the standard nationwide, CNN reports to the contrary.

I'm sorry to go off track but that is the stupidest thing I've heard in a LONG TIME!

:thumbsdow

So are you supposed to get bruised or wait until his closed fist becomes a pointed finger and you lose an eye?!?

If you think an attacker is only going to bruise you a little, then you are an absolute moron. Once a physical attack begins, ANYTHING can happen. I remember seeing a fist fight that suddenly escalated when one person pulled a knife and stabbed the other.

Unless you're a mind reader, you have NO IDEA what your attacker plans to do. You don't know if he wants to give you a fat lip or poke your eyes out. Use whatever force necessary to protect yourself.

FrankW438

Newly Enlightened
I'm sorry to go off track but that is the stupidest thing I've heard in a LONG TIME!

:thumbsdow

So are you supposed to get bruised or wait until his closed fist becomes a pointed finger and you lose an eye?!?

If you think an attacker is only going to bruise you a little, then you are an absolute moron. Once a physical attack begins, ANYTHING can happen. I remember seeing a fist fight that suddenly escalated when one person pulled a knife and stabbed the other.

Unless you're a mind reader, you have NO IDEA what your attacker plans to do. You don't know if he wants to give you a fat lip or poke your eyes out. Use whatever force necessary to protect yourself.

If you use a gun in a fistfight, you will go to jail. For a long time. Unless and until your attacker crosses the line from ordinary force to DEADLY FORCE (force likely to cause death or great bodily harm), you are not justified in using deadly force yourself.

You can't shoot your attacker because of what you think he "might" do. Sometime, ask a police officer about the "Use of Force Continuum".

-- Frank

Last edited:

Mdinana

Enlightened
I carry my stuff in a pager case made by RipOffs, if you go back a page or 2 you'll see the link.

Other folks have used 5.11 pants, regular BDU-type pants, or NiteIze or RipOff belt pouches.

Brownstone

Enlightened
If you use a gun in a fistfight, you will go to jail. For a long time. Unless and until your attacker crosses the line from ordinary force to DEADLY FORCE (force likely to cause death or great bodily harm), you are not justified in using deadly force yourself.

Please be specific about what jurisdiction you are referring to, as this is not true in all locales. As posted above, Colorado is among the states where a citizen can use lethal force even if the intruder is not making any threat of injury.

If you want to take the discussion into moral or ethical grounds that is one thing, but as far as legal justification for lethal force your statement is not correct.

You can't shoot your attacker because of what you think he "might" do. Sometime, ask a police officer about the "Use of Force Continuum".

In Colorado, in certain contexts, police officers are more restricted in the use of force than civilians.