When did you order your HDS?

Snareman

Enlightened
Ahh... I should have done some more research. I ordered the default 200 lumen rotary (flushed button, silver bezel) on 12/28/2012 and was told 8-10 weeks. As the deadline is coming up next week, I emailed him asking if I would be notified about shipment notification and tracking. He told me some delays occurred and he is expecting late March. I've purchased several other lights before the rotary but they never stuck for EDC and currently I'm EDC-less waiting for the rotary. The anticipation is killing me!

If you got one in 3 months it would be an unheard of HDS record. Maybe there is some magic happening in HDS land... :thinking:

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Been waiting a little over five months for my Rotary, a relatively short period compared to most of you. At one point I was optimistic that I'd have it by the New Year.....now I'm hoping by St. Paddys. We'll see.

dillyspam

Newly Enlightened
So...the way I interpret this is...

By the end of march, if you order a light then, it will be 6-8 weeks wait?

This probably equates to orders more than 200 days old will ship by End of Feb. 100 days old, end of march, 6-8 weeks old end of april.

But this could all change....in 6-8 weeks ;)

tjswarbrick

Enlightened
I'm at day 391. Still waiting. Hi CRI Clicky with AR lens, flush tailcap, and silver bezel.

Henry says he has more shipping next week.
Hang in there, guys. It'll come!

doctordun

Enlightened
Maybe I'm wrong, but in January, he thought he would be caught up by the end of February. Now we hear that he will be caught up by the end of March.
Isn't that the pattern you have all been hearing for about a year?

Should it ever get down to 4 to 6 weeks, then I will finally place my order. The uncertainty of a delivery date holds me back.

Ways

Newly Enlightened
Ordered a High Cri Rotary on the 12th March 2012 and i can feel it getting closer to that bitter sweet moment when i receive a letter informing me that a parcel from the US is awaiting me at my local depot and can be mine upon payment of the customs fee + Value Added Tax and handling charge :D

malfozzy

Newly Enlightened
Ordered a High Cri Rotary on the 12th March 2012 and i can feel it getting closer to that bitter sweet moment when i receive a letter informing me that a parcel from the US is awaiting me at my local depot and can be mine upon payment of the customs fee + Value Added Tax and handling charge :D

I have a rotary (bought before the great crash) and 2 clickies, my question is this. Is it normal to order (and pay) for an item with absolutely no idea of when it may be delivered? Hds torches are great, but not so great I'd pay £150 and hope I'd get one in the next year or so. Yes they are bulletproof etc, etc. So what? If you haven't got one, doesn't really matter if it's made of diamonds does it?

Ragnar66

Enlightened
Refunds have been provided when requested as far as I know. Those that want to accept can and those that don't......don't. So to answer you question to some it is obviousley worth the wait.

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a rotary (bought before the great crash) and 2 clickies, my question is this. Is it normal to order (and pay) for an item with absolutely no idea of when it may be delivered? Hds torches are great, but not so great I'd pay £150 and hope I'd get one in the next year or so. Yes they are bulletproof etc, etc. So what? If you haven't got one, doesn't really matter if it's made of diamonds does it?
Then don't order one until the delivery times are shorter. :shrug:

doctordun

Enlightened
I believe there are a lot of us, me included, just dying to place an order as soon as we can be assured of a "reasonable" delivery date.
As soon as his backlog is caught up, he will be deluged with orders again.
I want a Rotary 200 real bad and will place an order as soon as the backlog gets caught up.

Ways

Newly Enlightened

When I ordered my first HDS clicky I was quoted 2-4 weeks for delivery and it
arrived within 2 weeks.

I ordered a rotary a year or so after taking delivery of my clicky and was quoted the now standard 6-8 weeks and have been waiting almost a year.

I would say that year long waits are decidedly not normal and had I known for a certainty that I would be waiting this long I might have sourced a rotary from elsewhere and of course I could have asked for a refund at any time but the trickle of information from Henry and others regarding his situation and the steps he was taking to rectify it gave me enough confidence to wait it out.

Edi

Newly Enlightened
I think even if he gave us a number when we ordered it would have made it more tolerable! That way when 896 gets his torch and your 900 it would be exciting... The thing is we really have no idea when we will get our torches. This is what I believe the most frustrating part!

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think even if he gave us a number when we ordered it would have made it more tolerable! That way when 896 gets his torch and your 900 it would be exciting... The thing is we really have no idea when we will get our torches. This is what I believe the most frustrating part!

That would be awfully complicated. Suppose I get #900 and you got #901. Do you really want to wait and wait on my sapphire-lens rotary custom, when all your parts are ready?