When did you order your HDS?

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love these lights, but there has not be regular stock at retailers for more than a year, maybe even two years.
Some of the shops listed on the HDS vendors page no longer even list HDS on their websites. I don't know if that's because they've dropped HDS entirely or if they have simply taken down the links until they get some stock.

Last edited:

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I received a neutral Malkoff MDC with CR123 body yesterday, and a ZebraLight SC52W is apparently sitting in my mailbox. Neither of these lights existed numerous months after I ordered the HDS.

Great interface and quality notwithstanding, I'll be cancelling my order if I don't receive it within the next few weeks. Today is day 312 of my wait.

Those dollars will take care of a significant part of the Prometheus Blue Label I ordered yesterday. :)

Grizz

Last edited:

The Auditor

Newly Enlightened
Like a lot of people I have been waiting for the production problems to be resolved before placing an order. However as time goes by and technology moves forward I feel less and less inclined to pay a significant sum of money for a flashlight that by the time I receive it will be using less than cutting edge technology. Now I actually own a Rotary and really like it and wanted to acquire an updated version, but I think Henry should consider an LED upgrade in order to keep competitive. I suspect that production will not get caught up until Xmas.......

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered a 200 Rotary on 6/28/13 after much deliberation about whether I really needed a $200 EDC light. Everything that I have read and heard about these lights has been very positive and Henry has been upfront on his supplier issues.

The user interface, how these lights are constructed, and that Henry makes them create a "cool" factor I could not pass up.

Last edited:

Kamerat

Enlightened
Is anyone receiving lights? Nobody has received lights in weeks right? I really believed that deliveries were picking up. Maybe the one HDS I have will be my only one. Sad thought.

doctordun

Enlightened
Is anyone receiving lights? Nobody has received lights in weeks right? I really believed that deliveries were picking up. Maybe the one HDS I have will be my only one. Sad thought.

Based on current delivery information on this thread, I may never have one and that makes me sad.

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nobody seems to be reporting that they have received their lights. Just when it was ordered.
Gets me wondering if they are still waiting or have got them but never updated this thread.

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gets me wondering if they are still waiting or have got them but never updated this thread.
That's entirely possible. It's also worth keeping in mind that the folks who have posted in this thread are a small fraction of a small fraction of people who has ordered an HDS product. You can't draw any broad conclusions from such a miniscule sample size.

Taschenlampe Dude

Newly Enlightened
That's entirely possible. It's also worth keeping in mind that the folks who have posted in this thread are a small fraction of a small fraction of people who has ordered an HDS product. You can't draw any broad conclusions from such a miniscule sample size.

I represent but one person. However, it has been more than 13 months since I ordered and paid for my HDS product so please excuse me if I'm not impressed by the fact that I represent but a small fraction of a small fraction of people who have ordered an HDS product.

That this thread spans 27 pages with over 800 posts would seem to indicate that others have valid concerns as well.

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
I represent but one person. However, it has been more than 13 months since I ordered and paid for my HDS product so please excuse me if I'm not impressed by the fact that I represent but a small fraction of a small fraction of people who have ordered an HDS product.

That this thread spans 27 pages with over 800 posts would seem to indicate that others have valid concerns as well.
It was never my intent to downplay anybody's concerns. My only point is that one can't draw broad conclusions based on a statistically irrelevant sample size.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I have removed three OT posts that serve no purpose to the topic of this thread. Posts removed were based on conjecture. If members want to continue conjecturing re Henry's business, then please do it via PM's or email. :)

Bill

DucS2R

Enlightened
I actually think this group probably represents a significant share of HDS' civilian customers. This is also a talkative group, most of us would post a "hey I finally got it" if we received one. The fact that such posts have really fallen off in the last few months is not a good sign. My last email to Henry, at my 1 year anniversary, came back with the vender delays story we have all heard and "another few months" as the bottom line.

T

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
It sounds like you think he has a significant military customer base as well?

Honestly, when I read (buried in this thread) that Henry had filled one of his contracts that his manufacturing problems was behind him.

primeform

Newly Enlightened
will he give refunds? why dont you people get your money back and buy a different quality flashlight. this isnt the only one on the market. if he ever gets his poop together then you can buy another light.

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
will he give refunds? why dont you people get your money back and buy a different quality flashlight. this isnt the only one on the market. if he ever gets his poop together then you can buy another light.
Henry will fully refund any canceled order.

Of course trying to find a comparable flashlight is the tricky part, especially if you're looking for a high CRI emitter.

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast

You have a point there, but imo there isn't another light out there like an HDS Systems firmware / software program-ability, as well as the position of the Rotary, and how smooth it is. If you read Henry's post regarding why other manufacture's hasn't been able to copy his lights, it's primarily due to the firmware / software / electronics!

So IMO again that guys / gals been hoping for the best!

Latest posts