When did you order your HDS?

nbp

Flashaholic
Henry has made clear in the past that orders are filled in the order that they come in. Dealers do not get preference over individuals. If Store X got lights before you, it's because they ordered them before you did, not because they are Store X.

doctordun

Enlightened
Well, as soon as he is caught up and I know that I won't have to wait a year, I will order from him.
His suggestion to me was wait until March, because he should be caught up will all of his back orders.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Henry has made clear in the past that orders are filled in the order that they come in. Dealers do not get preference over individuals. If Store X got lights before you, it's because they ordered them before you did, not because they are Store X.
Call me crazy, but I don't think any dealer paid for lights over a year in advance.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes they do. And some of them have gotten their cash flow stuck with HDS while waiting for delivery.
Which is why this is a very bad idea and business's don't do it. I'm surprised if he was able to convince them to do it, and more surprised if they didn't cancel their order and get a refund after 90day, if not 30days.

People here were told a couple weeks when they ordered; why would a dealer be any different?
Because business's need their money and they don't work that way. It's either COD or terms.

Maybe as pjandyho reports they did give him a nice loan, but that would be quite unusual.

Roccomo

Enlightened
I just ordered an Executive on 12/27/12. I did not know about the wait situation:ohgeez:

The last light I ordered from Henry was about two years ago and it came right away so I thought nothing of it...till I started reading the HDS thread. I don't like the idea of waiting till next Christmas for the light but I want it so I will. They truly are all that and I'm glad he doesn't compromise on them.

Last edited:

lateralus180

Newly Enlightened
My light arrived today! Ordered January 3rd of last year. It's perfect! Quality levels are amazing, actually higher than my legacy high CRI! Henry did say about a month ago that it should ship before SHOT show, and it looks like it absolutely did. Thanks Henry for the awesome light and I am very glad I waited.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Last edited:

lateralus180

Newly Enlightened
It's a clicky. EDC custom...High CRI XPG with black bezel and flat switch. Standard clip.

It seems the machining looks better and is more precise than my older version that was made a few years ago. I also noticed that the knurling is not as sharp but still very useable. I'd say it's actually better this way - it's more comfortable and easier on the pocket.

Rotary or Clicky?

Last edited:

mamun1024

Newly Enlightened
It's a clicky. EDC custom...High CRI XPG with black bezel and flat switch. Standard clip.

It seems the machining looks better and is more precise than my older version that was made a few years ago. I also noticed that the knurling is not as sharp but still very useable. I'd say it's actually better this way - it's more comfortable and easier on the pocket.

That is great news! I am getting hopeful again.

alanagnostic

Enlightened
Just received my HiCri Clicky today. Ordered it Dec. 31st of 2011. I absolutely love the tint. Assuming things go well for Henry over the next few months, I'll be ordering a HiCri rotary. Well worth the wait.

Last edited:

tjswarbrick

Enlightened
Just received my HiCri Clicky today. Ordered it Dec. 31st of 2011. I absolutely love the tint. Assuming things go well for Henry over the next few months, I'll be ordering a HiCri rotary. Well worth the wait.

That's great news guys!
Hopefully my Hi CRI Clicky isn't far behind - though, with the silver bezel, I realize it didn't get out before SHOT.

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wishin', and hopin', and thinkin', and prayin',
Planning and dreamin' each night of its charms.
That won't get in into my arms.

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
People have been getting their rotarys, but their orders were place around late 2011 or early 2012.