Which current models have the highest CONSTANT lumen output.

Tony Rama

Newly Enlightened
I don't know about others, but I would find it really useful to have an updated table as a sticky. Also highest constant output beam distance. This could be really useful in assessing which model to acquire for industrial or search and rescue applications.

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im thinking the BLF GT probably has the highest distance constant output.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK. I'll see what I can come up with. If I write to manufacturers, I wonder if they will respond. I can at least give it a go.

Keep in mind that most manufactures don't have their lights tested by a independent lab to the FL1 standard – numbers are often derived from guesstimates with a large helping of wishful thinking. And that's just the manufacturers considered to be more or less "reputable", most of the others just make up wildly inflated numbers.

davemp

Newly Enlightened
The Fenix PD 36R maintains 800 lumens for 2 1/2hrs once it drops from 1600 lumens. I'm not sure but it seems to run longer when initially set at 800 lumens. davemp

Magio

Enlightened
The Acebeam X70 can sustain 18000 lumens for 50 mins or 8000 lumens for 2hrs.

GoVegan

Enlightened
I don't know about others, but I would find it really useful to have an updated table as a sticky. Also highest constant output beam distance. This could be really useful in assessing which model to acquire for industrial or search and rescue applications.

I guess you mean without stepping down. Unfortunately most cheat and play the FL-1 Standard and stepdown after 30 seconds or some time not long after, Surefire, Maglite, Streamlight, Olight generally all stepdown. HDS and Malkoff (depending on the Drop-in) and Fenix generally don't step down and provide constant regulated output until the battery/batteries can no longer sustain that level of output then start to drop.

As for S&R applications, probably better for anyone to ask for specific recommendations, as too many variables, when choosing, and IMO beam distance isn't necessarily that useful depending on the terrain. One thing for certain is that the brighter the light the less runtime and for long shifts runtime may a lot more important.

Last edited:

GoVegan

Enlightened
OK. I'll see what I can come up with. If I write to manufacturers, I wonder if they will respond. I can at least give it a go.

IMO this is not really the kind of thing you'd ask manufacturers as it would be too much work for them to answer, it is more something that you'd have to research yourself by checking the specs of all the models you are interested in and then compiling the data yourself.