Which flashlights have a red and blue strobe?

Bicycleflyer

Enlightened
My Nitecore SRT-7, SRT-3, and Chameleon (red version) all have red and blue secondary LEDs that can run independently or in a combined strobe. I think it's a feature most Nitecores may have.

Personally, I've had no use for it.

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
To me it's an extra step towards being noticed in an emergency over just a standard strobe. Unless you're driving with it flashing out the windscreen I doubt there would be a legal issue with its usage.

Besides the point it's a very interesting feature and I like flashlights with interesting features and added functionality.

As a security officer in my previous job at a busy distribution center it would have come in handy to not only encourage drivers to slow down but primarily to ensure they know someone is there in the dark and get their attention. In public operation yes it could get you into BIG trouble depending on how and when you use it. Mental awareness and wise judgement come to mind.

HouseBuilder328

Newly Enlightened
As a follow-up to my own question, I asked 2 friends in a nearby neighborhood who are knife/flashlight collectors and they both have a Nitecore SRT7. One of them has had the unfortunate experience of hearing a sound late at night near their back porch sliding glass door and used the SRT7 police strobe to shine it out the window to scare them away.

Of course, don't know whether that did the trick but the guy said seeing red and blue lights for criminals can cause a startle response and just scare them away.

Obviously, using the police strobe out in public would not be a good idea.

RedSquirrel

Newly Enlightened
I think another thing that got me interested in the idea is a car accident about 4 months ago on a 60mph VERY winding, dangerous road. I came round the corner to find a large lorry had crashed in to another vehicle and because I know the road well I drive it much slower than 60mph but I was really worried someone would come round the corner straight in to the back of us at 60mph.

I could have set up the strobe on red/blue and wedged it further back on the road in a tree or on the barrier at the side of the road and people are much more likely to realise that there is a serious issue up ahead rather than with a normal strobe they might just think is a bike light left on at the side of the road or something. In the UK the issue would be if it was inside your car due to The Road Vehicles Lighting Regulations. At the side of the road to increase visibility at an accident would probably be welcomed by the police to prevent any more accidents.

fmc1

Enlightened
The Fitorch MR35 has a police strobe mode alternating red and blue. It also has a straight up blue strobe mode. The newer Acebeam X80 has a police strobe and a red SOS mode.

XR6Toggie

Newly Enlightened
To me it's an extra step towards being noticed in an emergency over just a standard strobe. Unless you're driving with it flashing out the windscreen I doubt there would be a legal issue with its usage.

Besides the point it's a very interesting feature and I like flashlights with interesting features and added functionality.

Obviously laws are different everywhere but in Australia using a red and blue flashing light in a public place, even outside of a vehicle, would leave you open to a charge of impersonating police. A red or orange traffic wand would be a better option for a breakdown on a dark road if hazard lights and a portable warning triangle aren't enough.