Which is the best HID flashlight today?

carmen

Newly Enlightened
Which is the best HID flashlight in each of these two categories today?

1. One hand style (e.g. like maglite)
2. Larger style (with batterybox, handle etc.)

Ilikelite

Newly Enlightened
Check out polarion and their 5000 lumen light but you better be a high roller to afford it.

carmen

Newly Enlightened
The usage is outdoor and large fields, so i need a light that throws far away.
Although with a little widh on the beam. Not like laser.

AEHaas

Newly Enlightened
3 lights will do as you ask, the Polarion PH40, AELight 35-50 and TI-L70. The properties of each vary. Read up on each then pick the one that meets your additional needs.

aehaas

Patriot

Flashaholic
It sounds as if your question is primarily aimed at ergonomics.

Carry handle lights will typically allow greater battery capacity, higher wattage, and better ergonomics unless the HID light is a compact, 24W type.

troller_cpf

Enlightened
IMHO:

Which is the best HID flashlight in each of these two categories today?

1. One hand style (e.g. like maglite)

Microfire Warrior K3500

2. Larger style (with batterybox, handle etc.)

can't decide among XeVision XeRay 50W or Titanium Innovations L70 for very big lights.
for smallers, any Polarion should be the best :)

Ray_of_Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
My vote is for the MicroFire Warrior III, or K3500R.
A little bigger than a 2D flashlight, very good quality built. It is not bright as the PH40, but it is one fifth of the price...

Anthony

Patriot

Flashaholic
My vote would not be on the Microfire for two reasons, the price and the color temperature. I purchased mine when it first became available and for around $375. Although it's a handy size and thus far has been reliable, it's not inexpensive at $500+. I could better justify the price if it was a 4300K bulb but instead it's a very blue 7000K bulb. Honestly, I think the Tactical HID is a better value at around $200. If you're prepared to spend $500+ on a Microfire with blue beam I can sincerely recommend that you instead purchase the LED powered Olight SR-90. It's really a better value and has the better all-around beam.

Alternately, a Polarion X1 can be had for around $1200 used if you keep your eyes open and they really are magnitudes better than any other light I can thing of at that price, or pure retail.

seven11

Newly Enlightened
This one got reviews as pretty good for the price.

At $80 it is a good starting point. :)

Yep I have one. I got mine for $35 bucks. Best money I ever spent. I don't think you can find a better HID for the price. But it's nothing compared to the polarion's and such being discussed here. Those are in a whole different class of lights.

Archa4

Newly Enlightened
I can suggest a light somewhere in the middle (not so small but also not a biggie) - Catapult V3: Throws far (450m) and has a descent width.
As a biggie i would suggest Titanium Innovation L35 (1000m, and a big width)

jeowf

Newly Enlightened
I love the polarion's design (handheld) and 5000 Lumen, 40 watt light but i saw the Titanium Innovation's L70 (box type) locator 7000 lumens, 70 watt for $1000 instead of polarion's $2200 price tag. But the polarion is like half the weight.

B789

Newly Enlightened
Handheld-Polarion PH40 if $ no object or the Microfire Warrior K3500R sanity (budget) prevailing!