Which of your lights don't get used?

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is one light which beam is way beyond my ability to see -- TN32. But I still use it... as a night stand :) Possess it may be over a year or even longer. Charged may be 3 times.

ven

Flashaholic
:bow:mr fixer, is it just lights you go mad with or is it in your personality and go mad with other stuff(i can).

Vad..........what can i say, if thats your nightstand light i wanna see that S&R light:rock:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
:bow:mr fixer, is it just lights you go mad with or is it in your personality and go mad with other stuff(i can).

Vad..........what can i say, if thats your nightstand light i wanna see that S&R light:rock:

Well... I think it's an illness in general.
I blame sobriety. Pre-sober days I stayed in a fog a lot. But collecting didn't begin when I sober'd up... it just reached insanity levels...
Post sober days... one night I found I had accumulated enough $ to pay off all debt (at that time) and soon after ended up with 27 skateboards...
A couple of years ago I decided to mothball one of the 6 Honda Preludes I was restoring. But there was no room in the garage for all the dang bicycles... (4 of the Preludes are gone and the mothballed one is my sons problem now)

Some stuff here goes back to my childhood days.
Pre-adult childhood days that is...

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
:laughing: , 27!!!!! i am likin your style!

Hey , we only live once *beep* it! enjoy what ever floats your boat, my boat is floating nicely thanks to CPF and members like yourself..................wallet has sank though:ohgeez:

ven

Flashaholic
Right now i am finding cool tints are not getting much use, i have to deliberately use my T10s which is a cool flavour just to use it! . I am picking 5000k or less for 95% of uses these days as its just so much easier on the eye. I dont care for always having 10,000lm on tap, ~200lm of nichia goodness(or 5000k or less) is enough for pretty much everything bar long distance stuff.

My sportac triple xp-g2 cool is almost dormant due to the nichia sportac in work, i removed the optics for a mule but it is still too cool with no hot spot at all. Colours are not too bad, just look faded in comparison. Luckily these days most of my lights are 5700k or less, only a handful over these days and thrower wise it is not important to me to have warm or neutral tints. I did opt for a 5000k rc40 though and it does show nicely in the throw/spill. I am not tint junkie either tbh, just once you have had a taste its hard to re-adjust to cool again...............for me anyway.

These are my weekend go to lights, 5000k xp-g2 quad and triple nichia

Most used in work

The sportac triple does not like being a mule die to crazy artifacts on mine so the optics have to stay in on this:shrug: . So at somepoint in the future a nice triple or quad nichia mule(or even a single LED one like oveready has.

bubble

Enlightened
I don' t use my Mac's custom xm-l Ti EDC to keep it on pristine condition.

Esperologist

Newly Enlightened
Here are the flashlights I use less or not at all and why:

Not-Emitter LED Flashlight - I don't use (3 years) - for D (not bright enough - like a glow stick comparatively) and M (Alkalines ate the battery cradle - while I wasn't using it).

Solar or Wind-Up Not-Emitter LED Flashlight - I don't use (3 years) - for D (not bright enough) and N (solar takes all day or longer to charge, hand crank takes an hour for a only a few minutes run time).

G25C2 MKII XM-L - gets limited use - for O (it is battery picky, only one of my batteries seems to work for it - and I don't rush to recharge it).

D25AAA 395nm - gets limited use - for P (I'm not in many blacklight fun situations) and Q (it has trouble fitting rechargeable batteries, even some Ni-MH).

PN20a2 XP-E - currently gets no use - for X (stupid charger destroyed my Ni-MH batteries *glares at Nitecore i4 V2* - I haven't gotten replacement batteries yet, but did get a dedicated Ni-MH charger) [I was considering gifting this one off and getting a new version, but my boss pulled the newer PN20a2 from our restock order - oh well.]

dmattaponi

Enlightened
I'm no longer actively using any of my cr123 or cr2 lights. They are all stored in various places. All of my users are now AA lights loaded with rechargeable Eneloops. I really like having the easily replaceable AA batteries, and I use my lights much more freely now.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was doing some cleanup today and found a few Inova 2xCR123 lights I had forgotten. I have a bunch of them collecting dust, though I keep an old TIROS Inova T2 in the truck for emergencies.

Three Inova X5s sit dormant, too, though I sometimes shine them on the wall for old time's sake. ;)

xo2-ti.jpg

t2-2006.jpg

inova-x5-with-bike-tube.jpg

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Coming back to this forum after a break - and realized, my once prized Nautilus never gets used - why?
a. It's expensive - built really nicely, and state of the art electronics at the time, but I'm worried about something happening to it
b. It has the greenest Cree XR-E I've ever seen - I had the greenest KL4 head too, it's a curse, I tell ya
c. No rechargeable capabilities - yes, CR123s are cheap, but Li Ions exist, and my other lights use them

Robocop gave me two modified Dorcy AAAs - unmodified - they were a forum favorite, for a while - these are higher current, and modded to be floody - they are a bit fragile, however

Last edited:

Lambo3534

Newly Enlightened
This.

The only ones I never use are the ones that are stashed either mint or still in the package.
The rest are used at some time or other.

And lets not not forget the ones that we can't buy batteries readily for anymore! And if we could we wouldn't because a candle has more light lol I found an old dolphin torch in my shed the other day great memories and when I bought it I thought it was the best thing with a globe..... Then I discovered the maglight but it too sits in the shed collecting dust... Will I get rid of them? Nah there's a story or several for the grandkids.:naughty:

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
i only use about 3 of my stock lights these days. the other 30+ go uncarried, except for an occasional trip to the store (yearly?). since i quit my night job, i don't take the custom lights out much anymore (doesn't stop me from buying them). ps. selling the stock stuff in wts by the way...:twothumbs

elzilcho

Enlightened
I got a Nitecore Tube for a middle-of-the-night light at the 1-lumen setting but recently used it for that purpose and discovered the PWM made me queasy almost immediately. It doesn't happen if I'm awake and alert on the way to bed, only when I've just woken up and am completely dark adapted. Looks like I'll stick with the HDS for nighttime navigation. I don't know what the Tube might get used for now, if anything.

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Fenix TK10 and an Arc LS that are used to keep my hanging pocket watch from rotating away from my view. Electrically they are not used but they do have a static purpose. I have lots of more useful lights that get put into service.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most of my Chinese electronic side switch lights (Zebralights, Armytek, Olight Batons, Thrunite Neutron, etc). Combination of: failure, UI glitches and lock-ups, lost output, accidental activation, high parasitic drain, annoying blinking buttons, inaccurate/non-working battery meters, massive lumen and runtime exaggerations, and slow UI/mode switching.

ZippoThisKnifeThat

Newly Enlightened
Fenix E11 - no pocket clip

Fenix LD01 - replaced by a Fenix E05

4 Seven's Preon 2 - no longer a fan of this style. Prefer shorter bodies.

Moving towards single battery operated lights with more premium materials such as copper, brass, and Ti.
As well as overall quality of the light; led, fit and finish, etc.