Why are Nitecore so incredibly stubborn to not offer more led options/color temp

DMS1970

Enlightened
Superior electronics? I though Nitecore is a leader in parasitic drain.

Agreed. I've owned a dozen and now only have 1. I'd prefer Olight 7 days a week.

I do have an MH25 that I got for a steal, because I wanted a light with a charging dock to mount by the back door or in my truck. It seems like they got it right with that one...

Nichia!

Banned
I bought the tube and the thumb and that's it no more nitecore for me for Ever!!

Nichia!

Banned
Agreed. I've owned a dozen and now only have 1. I'd prefer Olight 7 days a week.

I do have an MH25 that I got for a steal, because I wanted a light with a charging dock to mount by the back door or in my truck. It seems like they got it right with that one...

I have more than 20 Olight and they are truly quality flashlights and quality customer service too.. keep up Olight..

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Superior electronics? I though Nitecore is a leader in parasitic drain.
Some of their lights have had a problem with excess parasitic drain. None of my MTs, Tubes, and my P30 have had that problem. Tubes don't have a very large cell, and some of mine haven't been charged for over two years, yet they all still lit up tonight when I tested them.

Cosmodragoon

Newly Enlightened
It seems that I'm in a pretty severe niche. First, I will only buy lights with a friendly tint and prefer high CRI. I'm usually happy with a color temperature range of 3000-5000K. Second, I will only buy lights that'll work with AA or AAA Eneloops. So I keep my eye out. I get very excited when I see something good that meets my conditions. I'll often buy more than one. If Nitecore wants to step up, I'd be interested.

bmengineer

Newly Enlightened
It seems that I'm in a pretty severe niche. First, I will only buy lights with a friendly tint and prefer high CRI. I'm usually happy with a color temperature range of 3000-5000K. Second, I will only buy lights that'll work with AA or AAA Eneloops. So I keep my eye out. I get very excited when I see something good that meets my conditions. I'll often buy more than one. If Nitecore wants to step up, I'd be interested.
The only AA light I've tried from them, the LA10 CRI, is also one of two 219b lights I own.

I agree with Parametrek - they have lots of high CRI lights, including most of their lanterns, and many of their keychain lights. Many of their headlamps also have high CRI options.

I agree that I wish more headlamps used high CRI main emitters instead of secondaries, and I wish more of their newer 18650 lights had neutral white options, but I think the market prefers higher output, so I can't complain too much.

Anekselektos

Newly Enlightened
I use Nitecore Flashlights from 2017 on the firing range (field) and for my EDC gear and i can say the build quality is superb for sure! Not one time has any of my Nitecore flashlights, let me down!
Also i read about TUP Accidentally power ON problems,you should have read the manual where there is a Lock 1 and Lock 2 function to prevent the flashlight to be accidentally turn on !
One last thing is that i have seen some Nitecore CRI flashlights (they can simulate the neutral white colour), check out the LA10CRI , LA30(own this one) and LR10 .
I also have used the headlamp NU32 that has two auxiliary LEDs with high CRI =90 (colour rendering capability ) with output at 35 lumens (not a lot but i can do the job).
So i guess you have some options there,, on their really big range of products!
I hope i helped you a little bit with my personal experience! :D

lock

Newly Enlightened
there are LA10 CRI and TM03 CRI and also neutral white flashlight HC30W, and MH12W, MH10W
and many keychain light with neutral white and nichia version...
the request for flashlight with a cold tint is much greater than for warm light colors so it's all about marketing.
Also other companies also almost exclusively use cool white LEDs such as Olight and Imalent

mcorp

Enlightened
As Parametrek and bmengineer have pointed out, Nitecore does have quite a few High CRI options in their lanterns, keychains and headlamps line-up.

Their handheld flashlights line-up has several Neutral White options as well.

That said, us flasholics do represent a small market compared with the substantially larger market for law enforcement agencies and other government body contracts.

In the eyes of the 'non-flasholics', more lumens is always better and more often than not, that usually mean having cooler tint LEDs used.

Hence, the fact that Nitecore or any other larger scale manufacturers (be it from China or other parts of the world) are willing to cater to us with High CRI & Neutral White options, is something we should appreciate.
(They always say "appreciate the little things in life" eh?)

Looking forward, we definitely hope that Nitecore will continue producing more lights with High CRI and Neutral White options for us flasholics.
Fingers crossed!

kj75

Enlightened
As Parametrek and bmengineer have pointed out, Nitecore does have quite a few High CRI options in their lanterns, keychains and headlamps line-up.

I tried out some of these, indeed most are lanterns or headlamps.

I still love the color of the MT-G2 led that the (discontinued) P36 flashlight has.

I think Nitecore will pick this up and launch more "warm-lights" in future.

bmengineer

Newly Enlightened
I tried out some of these, indeed most are lanterns or headlamps.

I still love the color of the MT-G2 led that the (discontinued) P36 flashlight has.

I think Nitecore will pick this up and launch more "warm-lights" in future.
I'd really love all their GTS series lights with cool white XHP35 HDs to have enthusiast versions with high CRI XHP35 HI LEDs, especially the ones with larger reflectors. The TUP deserves a high CRI LED, too.

nickdano

Newly Enlightened
Nitecore has products with CRI dyes, for example the LA10CRI, LA30 and LR10 camping lanterns; also the auxiliary leds of the NU32 are CRI.And I am one who loves CRI colors, I also like Warm colors.Nitecore also has some models with Warm colors, such as the HC30W, MH20W and the MH12W.These types of colors are excellent for those with particular passions and for those who love to observe nature with real colors and not too flattering.Another thing I noticed, lately, Nitecore products with normal LEDs don't have too cold a tint; on the contrary, they don't have bluish dominants; and still give an excellent three-dimensionality even in nature, without straining the eye too much or flattening the colors. In my opinion, of course :)

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I wouldn't say that Nitecore is the brand with superior build quality and electronic design...these days its more like: Nitecore is just a brand with decent build quality and electronic design...so many others to choose from that suit your tastes.

I considered Nitecore very briefly, but my dollars went to better purchases.

Have to agree. Not like Nitecore is on the leading edge as a flashlight company in any way. If anything, it has developed a reputation as one of the worst choices out there from a well-known brand. With the exception of my Nitecore Tube, literally every Nitecore I've owned has been a miserable failure in one way, shape, or form. I'd be happy if Nitecore simply concentrated on getting the quality of their lights up to a decent standard at least.

boo5ted

Enlightened
This is where 'your mileage may vary' come in. I have close to a dozen Nitecore lights, and haven't had a problem with any of them since I started buying them in 2013.

This right here. I've had five or six Nitecores and haven't had any issues with any of the lights. The current light I carry everyday is the MH12GTS and it's the best I've had yet. I did have an issue with it not fully charging but I sent it back and found it was a battery issue, not a light issue. They gave me a new battery and no more issues. They might have "better" brands or models out there but so far Nitecore has earned my loyalty with the ones I've owned.