Why yes, it was dark in that nuclear reactor (25 pics)

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very, very cool post! Thank you so much for sharing. I hope something cool can be done with the site....rent it out for movies...make it into a park, like the Gas Works in Seattle or a Homer Simpson tribute or....:)...

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
This is about 100 miles southwest of Seattle. It's not open to the public AFAIK; I was there to visit the acoustic test lab renting space there. The local government owners are trying to turn it into an industrial park, but can't afford to tear down the reactors. Not many businesses can utilize an unfinished nuclear reactor.

If this was in Elma Washington, there was a music video shot in a cooling tower there.

louie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup, same place. Probably not many other empty nuke plants around. I have heard of a few other artistic film shoots and audio recordings done there.

mattheww50

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is about 100 miles southwest of Seattle. It's not open to the public AFAIK; I was there to visit the acoustic test lab renting space there. The local government owners are trying to turn it into an industrial park, but can't afford to tear down the reactors. Not many businesses can utilize an unfinished nuclear reactor.

About the only thing you can do with a partially finished nuclear power plant is convert it into a fossil fuel plant. That actually happened at Cincinnati Gas and Electric about 35 years ago with the Zimmer plant. There was still a huge loss on the project, but it was nowhere near as bad as it would have been if the entire project had been scrapped.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
About the only thing you can do with a partially finished nuclear power plant is convert it into a fossil fuel plant. That actually happened at Cincinnati Gas and Electric about 35 years ago with the Zimmer plant. There was still a huge loss on the project, but it was nowhere near as bad as it would have been if the entire project had been scrapped.

I was going to say, rent the place out for use in Post-Apocalpyse films. But that idea sounds much better.