Will I turn into a Maglite fan once again?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Everyone should have a ML25 - great light!

If it's the LED version, it's probably going to be too bright for candle mode. I 3D printed a diffuser and base for mine to turn it into a lantern.

View attachment 60426
Not sure how much free time you've got on your hands, but I can see that combo. being popular with others. I mean if you decide to offer more examples of both, for sale.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a personal thing but I never warmed up to lights with a focus adjustment that also was the switch. Kinda fussy for my tastes. Anyone wanna buy a beater ML25LT? The newer 2-level model.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
That works until the ano wears a little bit. Then it starts conducting.
Won't lie, I bought my ML25LT to test out its candlestick mode. Got the light-blue version because it was the only one in stock, in 2C trim at B&H. For work purposes, my main light is a Feit Electric 3C version. Fantastic throw, and (when you push the head tight against the body) fantastic flood.

Though considering the Maglite ML25LT has an open-ended belt pouch available for it from Maglite, despite the low-output, I can see this as a useful light for security work (in black). Employers and clients will love the fact that despite being aluminum, it's short enough (2C configuration) to not be used as a weapon.

Perfect if you're expected to provide your own gear on the job. 15+ years of experience at a number of sites, I can tell you that the only thing you are ever issued for free is a radio. And, it's only "issued" to whoever is working a post, for that 8-hour shift. Expecting an impressive bank of Maglite, Streamlight, or Pelican lights quietly charging away with one specifically yours? Forget it!

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might be able to do the candle mode on low (29 lumens), but those LEDs are bright!

The ML25 is a lot easier to twist on with one hand than the AA Mini Mag, so it would probably be OK for security work, though I would prefer a ML50LX.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Lends all new meaning to the term "candle." 😉
But yes, I agree with you regarding the ML50LX.
(Especially the Politically Correct 2C version.)

Reactions: xxo

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lends all new meaning to the term "candle." 😉
But yes, I agree with you regarding the ML50LX.
(Especially the Politically Correct 2C version.)
On high, it's more like mini road flare mode.

BTW, you can run the 2C ML25 and ML50 on a Li-ion 18650 or 21700 in an adapter if you want lighter weight with long run time. I would not use alkaline C cells - you can get just as long if not longer run time with AA energizer L91's or even a eneloop pro in adapter sleeves, plus unlike alkalines, there is no leaks!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
On high, it's more like mini road flare mode.

BTW, you can run the 2C ML25 and ML50 on a Li-ion 18650 or 21700 in an adapter if you want lighter weight with long run time. I would not use alkaline C cells - you can get just as long if not longer run time with AA energizer L91's or even a eneloop pro in adapter sleeves, plus unlike alkalines, there is no leaks!
Good to know, I appreciate the info.

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast
ML150LRS (Mini - MagCharger) 26600 (3000mah) Lifepo4 819 Lumens @ 38,267 Candela
Nice to be able to slap it in the cradle at any voltage and top off with AC or DC Power & be able to use a regular charger...

vs (Both lights have same UI. Three Levels + Strobe & Momentary with 4 Programs.

ML50LX 18650 (3500mah Battery Kit) Li-ion USB-C 466 Lumens @ 21,197 Candela

The Mini - MagCharger ML150LRS will take Lifepo4 Battery and also run with a 3.7v/4.2v Thrunite 5000mah Li-ion cell but will not charge a Li-ion battery in the cradle due to different chemistry/ voltages... (Shockli 5500mah to fat to fit). Bonus for the ML150LRS to run on both battery chemistries & voltages...

IMG_8523.JPG

Size comparisons of other lights. ML150LRS is 1/4 inch shorter than grenade-grip ML50LX.

IMG_8508.JPG

Surefire M6 with WA1111 Bulb - FiveMega 2 1/4 D topped with 3 inch head and running Carley 43w Custom (1450 Lumens Bulb) - FiveMega 2 1/4 D with regular head running carley 43w Custom (1450 Lumens Bulb) - Streamlite Ultra Stinger with WA1160 Bulb - MagLite ML150LRS - MagLite ML50LX (Green Grenade Grip) - StreamLight Incandescent Stinger - MagLite MagCharger (Full Size) with WA1160 Bulb - Malkoff MD2 with Tri Tail running Sportac V2 SFT40 5000K

Upper Lights: Seraph OEM (Non Lumens Factory but the same light) running 3 mode XPL-HI (1 second on memory)(Cost $16.67 for host and drop-in, free shipping)
- Malkoff AA with VME head running Sportac V2 Osram LED - Zebralight SC64 HI running XHP35 HI

Front View

IMG_8512.JPG

Side View:

IMG_8515.JPG

Top Down Close:

IMG_8516.JPG

Front Tight:

IMG_8518.JPG

Cheers!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
👆 good info, thanx!

I use a pair of eneloops in adapters for some ML25's, Imedion C size cells in a couple and an 18650 in Maglite adapter in a couple.

A wrap 2 layers thick of pipe tape halts any conductivity once the 2 bare spots are separated. I have an XL 50 that kept draining batteries even though the tailcap was loosened. The pipe tape halted the issue.

Last edited: