Will we produce enough energy again where incans will come back in style?

fulee9999

Enlightened
in my view energy-efficiency isn't the most problematic part with incans... a LED uses less power, is more robust and generates less heat for the same amount of brightness. even if you don't (need to) care about the heat and the energy consumption, you still have to keep in mind that an incan can fail because of a shock or just by itself for no reason at any time, which is not great if you really need light.
so what I'm trying to say is that even if we somehow, some reason figure out the secret of unlimited energy, incans still won't make a comeback.
as stated by many others before, I'm sure incans will exist long into the future, just as vinyl records, carburetors and tube amplifiers, but only as a niche product

Lumen83

Enlightened
How the heck is this a political issue, unless you're trying to make it into one. I just about threw up laughing so hard at that comment.
According to your profile you live in the USA, and you are on a flashlight forum. Unless you have some gastric disorder, you have no excuse to have just almost thrown up to suddenly learn that the US federal government's mandates through the Department of Energy are forcing the "phasing out" of incandescent lighting. This is, in fact, a very old topic. To the extent that when it was originally announced THREE presidential administrations ago in 2007 (ironically the year that you joined this form), many people began stocking up on incandescent flashlight bulbs, home lighting, etc.

I would suggest you stop making rude and incredibly uninformed posts and pay better attention to what is happening in the world around you before continuing to make yourself look like a fool in public. Here is one reference to help guide you in your catching up when you crawl out of that rock you've been living under:

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
yay, mommy & daddy are fighting again
1 more in before close ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ
pepe hype.png

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bringing politics into a thread in the incan forum is beyond ridiculous. Some people eat and sleep politics. Most of them I know are miserable no matter what they subscribe to. You "political" types are angry people and insult other people on a whim. You believe if you're on one "side" you believe in THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS AND THIS, and if you're on the other "side" you believe in THIS THIS THIS THIS AND THIS. Fruitful for the small minds. You tell me I'm making a fool of myself in public because I took issue that you turned a discussion about flashlight bulbs into a political discussion. Please leave modern politics out of this thread. Everything does not revolve around politics, believe it or not. Please take your modern politics somewhere else. Anywhere but here.

Last edited:

Lumen83

Enlightened
Bringing politics into a thread in the incan forum is beyond ridiculous. Some people eat and sleep politics. Most of them I know are miserable no matter what they subscribe to. You "political" types are angry people and insult other people on a whim. You believe if you're on one "side" you believe in THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS AND THIS, and if you're on the other "side" you believe in THIS THIS THIS THIS AND THIS. Fruitful for the small minds. You tell me I'm making a fool of myself in public because I took issue that you turned a discussion about flashlight bulbs into a political discussion. Please leave modern politics out of this thread. Everything does not revolve around politics, believe it or not. Please take your modern politics somewhere else. Anywhere but here.

You asked if incans will come back in style. I pointed out, along with other non-political rasons, that there are political objectives hindering incans coming back in style. That is the truth of the matter. Whether that triggers you or not, that is a direct and factual response to your question. And there is nothing wrong or inappropriate about my post. That post should not trigger any reasonable person the way it did you. I don't think any sane person reading my post would take from it that I am a "political type", "believing in THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS AND THIS" or "Turning a discussion about flashlight bulbs into a political discussion".

The fact is, with regard to whether incandescent light bulbs will make a come back in general, one of the biggest factors is political directives. And I provided you a source for that claim. Please read it and let me know if you still don't think that is a valid response.

If you have a problem with people providing facts, then stop asking questions.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bulbs have a good chance of coming back, together with steam locomotives, LOL

Busa Dave

Newly Enlightened
Well in a few years the LEP will be replacing a lot of the LED lights. Technology waits for no man. Incandescent is as dead as a door nail.

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its kinda funny how our most advanced technology is used to boil water.

Steam turbine trains have been built but to my knowledge were considered impractical for most applications. Turbines need complex reduction gearboxes & a secondary turbine for reverse. That results in a massive (& heavy) engine. Efficiency gains were more or less negligible from what I remember. I mean, you'd imagine, after all they weren't very popular.
Trains will remain electric, just as many are today.

Cold fusion has made somewhat of a comeback after decades of being considered pseudo-science. Just that now its been renamed to "LENR" (low energy nuclear reactions). It'll be interesting to see where it leads. Kinda reminds me of the military now calling UFOs UAPs. The term UFO, just like "cold fusion" just isnt taken seriously anymore. Itll always be UFO to me, they can call it whatever they want.
believe.PNG

Last edited:

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
What happened to that ultra efficient incan that was in a lab a few years back?
Likely no funding to develope it further due to low profit potential

Latest posts