• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Withdrawn: HDS Rotary HCRI Nichia 219b (v. 2.18)

thaugen

Enlightened
For Sale: HDS Rotary, silver bezel, HCRI, Nichia 219b, 200 lumens, HCRI (90 CRI, pure white 4000K emitter that is no longer available), latest 2.18 software edition, includes all HDS packaging. This light is rock solid, smooth rotation, solid tail stand, nearly indestructible, in like new condition and comes with what I think is the best warranty in the flashlight world. I've owned many HDS lights and this one is the nicest by far!

Price: $299 WITHDRAWN shipped USA, first "I'll take it" post followed by a PM for PayPal information gets this beautiful HDS Rotary.

5GJduwN.jpg

vOIF9EX.jpg

0kgklGu.jpg

yIDsXMl.jpg

m7fvTmG.jpg

Last edited:

thaugen

Enlightened
Re: For Sale: HDS Rotary HCRI Nichia 219b (v. 2.18)

This is the standard rotary, not a tactical. This rotary can be programmed for true or psudo momentary.

Last edited:

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast

Great light and probably my current favorite emitter. I have the same light, all black with 18650 tube...love it!

Hope this goes quickly

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast

Does this have the standard rotary interface or the rotary with momentary interface?

This is the standard rotary, not tactical that can be programmed for true or psudo momentary.

I think your standard rotary Can be programmed for true or pseudo momentary,
(maybe that is what you meant):

Jake here is the manual, it may help you understand the Programming options better:
https://www.hdssystems.com/Products/EdcRotaryAdvUsersGuide.pdf
Hex-click – starts True Momentary mode when the True Momentary optional feature is enabled.
Press-and-hold – turns on your flashlight to preset B. If the Pseudo Momentary optional feature is enabled, turns off when button is released.

Last edited:

thaugen

Enlightened

Yes, what he said. Thank you for the clarification.

I think your standard rotary Can be programmed for true or pseudo momentary,
(maybe that is what you meant):

Jake here is the manual, it may help you understand the Programming options better:
https://www.hdssystems.com/Products/EdcRotaryAdvUsersGuide.pdf
Hex-click – starts True Momentary mode when the True Momentary optional feature is enabled.
Press-and-hold – turns on your flashlight to preset B. If the Pseudo Momentary optional feature is enabled, turns off when button is released.

Last edited:

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast

I also believe that true momentary is a new feature of 2.18 which was not in the older firmwares 2.17 and below

rumack

Enlightened

I've been crazy for HDS lights lately and this is one I've been wanting to check out, so I'll take it! PM incoming ...

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast

sounds like true momentary started at v2.15 was disabled in 2.16 and 2.17 firmware, and came back as a user programmable option in v2.18

some UI history:

https://www.hdssystems.com/Content/LightFaq/#Version

2.15 - released January 2015 - true momentary at 6 clicks from off, flicker to 9 clicks from off.
2.16 - released May 2015 - true momentary when Turn On option disabled.
2.17 - released May 2015 - support for L91 AA.
2.18 - released February 2018 - simplify default Rotary UI, level lock to triple-click from on for Tactical UI, return option and triple-click from off for button lockout, option to enable true momentary, bicycle strobes and configuration, improved auto-off.

rumack

Enlightened

Ah, no worries. I've been spending too much anyway. Lol

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast

thats messed up...

glad you decided to hold onto it for now, I wouldn't have listed it in the first place as the 219b 4000k is currently not being made, my most used emitter of all the options we have with HDS.
Although, I like all the neutral/warm options we currently have.

@Rumack, I'm sure there will be other popping up. Timing might be better for you the next time one pops up as well.

jake royston

Enlightened
Okay, I've been looking for a rotary with the true rotary and no momentary hi/strobe built into the rotary function, like the first gen rotary lights. I saw you may be holding onto it, but if you decide to sell, pm me, I'll take it off your hands.
Thanks.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay, I've been looking for a rotary with the true rotary and no momentary hi/strobe built into the rotary function, like the first gen rotary lights. I saw you may be holding onto it, but if you decide to sell, pm me, I'll take it off your hands.
Thanks.

I hope you get one you enjoy
fwiw, the difference between the Tactical Rotary and the full dial Rotary is programming, not hardware.
However the light that you offered to buy is High CRI, and it is an LED I really like, most Tactical Rotary are not High CRI.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...Tactical-250&p=5228662&viewfull=1#post5228662
If you send the light to Henry (Henry has to do it in house) he can reprogram the Tactical Rotary light to the standard rotary function. I ve had it done before...I paid $50 to have it done.

Suggestion
contact HDS directly and request info on a Custom Rotary with N219b 4500k 9080, or the 4000k 9080
I know, they are not on the menu atm, but, they can still be found in the wild, maybe HDS will help you..
actually, ask Hogo, hes kind of the git er done guy atm

Last edited: