Woods walking

LetThereBeLight!

Enlightened
This topic/title reminded me of a very fine man who posted here often, Woods Walker, whose posts were so wonderful, informative and always enlightening, who passed away. I miss him lots.

May he Rest In Peace.

klip88

Newly Enlightened
This topic/title reminded me of a very fine man who posted here often, Woods Walker, whose posts were so wonderful, informative and always enlightening, who passed away. I miss him lots.

May he Rest In Peace.
That's upsetting but at least I am teaching a new generation to explore the woods literally every single night we go out, during autumn winter I call it flashlight season lol, but again sorry to hear about your friend

LetThereBeLight!

Enlightened
Thank you, klip88, and by the way, I totally support your thread and ideas.

We weren't personal friends, but by virtue of his posts, he was everyone's friend.

Enjoy your weekend!

You might consider getting your daughter a small, lightweight trail running headlamp, something like a NiteCore NU17 or NU20. It would be all her very own. Hands-free lighting. Both have low modes for woods walking. Rechargeable. A good light for daddy's best girl.

klip88

Newly Enlightened
You might consider getting your daughter a small, lightweight trail running headlamp, something like a NiteCore NU17 or NU20. It would be all her very own. Hands-free lighting. Both have low modes for woods walking. Rechargeable. A good light for daddy's best girl.
That's a great idea, her birthday is at the end of October she always wants my Mdc aax1 and I don't let her hahaha… and hell I can use it when I go fishing at dusk or dawn

paulr

Flashaholic
If this is for a young kid, look at the Black Diamond Wiz, which is a headlamp especially for kids. It has some special protective features such as a 2-hour automatic turnoff, and needing a special tool (included) to get the batteries out. VERY young kids will dismantle anything they can get their hands on, and eat any small parts they can get loose. So that light tries to prevent that.

klip88

Newly Enlightened
If this is for a young kid, look at the Black Diamond Wiz, which is a headlamp especially for kids. It has some special protective features such as a 2-hour automatic turnoff, and needing a special tool (included) to get the batteries out. VERY young kids will dismantle anything they can get their hands on, and eat any small parts they can get loose. So that light tries to prevent that.
I appreciate the feedback Norah girl is gonna be 4 so she's (mostly) passed eating weird things phase lol