Would you be unhappy with this small irregularity in big reflector? Should I RMA?

joelbnyc

Enlightened
I want to resell this, but I remembered it has a tiny pin-sized hole a cm or so from the emitter. Noticeable though because the rest of the reflector is perfect.

Should I RMA for a replacement? I figure it has a negligible effect on anything given the huge reflector.

I wasn't super happy to see it but didnt care enough to RMA immediately (received 5 weeks ago). But I realize I have to disclose this before I'd accept payment for it, so wondering if I should just RMA- not sure yet whether they would pay the return shipping as it is such a minor blemish.

NMYGhpf.jpg

fJQOykW.jpg

Js2K5pk.jpg

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I wanted to keep the light and not bother with the minor blemish, then I would keep the light and not bother with the minor blemish.

If I wanted to keep the light and bother with the minor blemish, then I would keep the light and bother with the minor blemish.

If I wanted to sell the light and have to bother with the minor blemish first, then I would sell the light and bother with the minor blemish first.

Lumen83

Enlightened
I probably wouldn't even notice it. But since you want to sell it and you are going to disclose it, I would contact the company and see if they will RMA it. Could affect the sale, depending on the buyer. And, you should have received a light free of defects when you purchased it.

1911Guru

Newly Enlightened
Personally if it was mine or if I was buying the light I wouldn't mind, as I doubt such a minor blemish will have any bearing on performance. Ultimately that is up to you and your conscience, but if disclosed to the buyer before the transaction is complete then I see no problems.

Caleb Wilson

LGT

Enlightened
I would request an RMA. Wouldn't care if the hole affected the beam or not. It's a matter of principle. Why should one pay full price for a light with a hole in the reflector?