• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB AW's Softstart Switch for SF Z58/41

Status
Not open for further replies.

night.hoodie

Enlightened
Lightsaver doesn't have softstart.

:O
I always assumed that it did, but I checked all available descriptions, and there is no mention of it. I was under the impression AW used the same IQ switch, and that was the source of the softstart. Did you notice softstart missing from lists of Lightsaver features, or do you have some more definitive source that Lightsaver doesn't have it? The incan A2 LVR regulator includes softstart... maybe that was the source of my confusion. This is terrible news if accurate.

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
:O
I always assumed that it did, but I checked all available descriptions, and there is no mention of it. I was under the impression AW used the same IQ switch, and that was the source of the softstart. Did you notice softstart missing from lists of Lightsaver features, or do you have some more definitive source that Lightsaver doesn't have it? The incan A2 LVR regulator includes softstart... maybe that was the source of my confusion. This is terrible news if accurate.

Lightsaver has plain PCB with simple PWM regulator but i haven't saw any other components like resistors etc which AW has it thus making slow current ramping. I have opened (read DESTROYED) one. The same PCB Vinh54 has in his FS54 switch. So basically every skilled electrician could solder some stuff on it and make AW or Lightsaver at home.
And i'm not that skilled :(((

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not educated in electronics, so everything looks complex to me. The PCB has several components... are you sure none of those are resistive or voltage limiting? I am not denying your discovery, I'm just in denial.

Well that's what i've noticed. Like i said my knowledge in electronics/electrics is limited. It might be i've missed something. It so tiny after all. But since nothing is mentioned in Lightsaver description i presume it only saves your batteries by lowering voltage/current. Escence of softstart is slow ramping from off to 1st position which is 30%. Everything else is the same as in Lightsaver, well not all, from 30-60-100 position is always slow ramping unlike on Miser
Lightsaver starts at 100%, direct drive to the bulb from the cells.

Status
Not open for further replies.