• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB AW's Softstart Switch for SF Z58/41

Status
Not open for further replies.

night.hoodie

Enlightened
Re: WTB AW's Softstart for SF Z58/41

I know it is not advertised as such, and you do not believe it is so, but I think the LightSaver Miser may have SoftStart. I believe this because I bought a bunch of Tad's A3718 lamps, and I am still on the first one from that batch using a LightSaver Miser with KeepPower UH1835P IMR18350 cell, and it has been running maybe 6 months or more, and often I start it cold, after sitting in cold ambient temperatures, perfect scenario for flashing lamps. The first A3718 I had Tad gave me for free, and it flashed on a Surefire twisty tailcap within a few hours of use, really as expected for such a high output high amp lamp on high drain IMR cell. I must have five times that runtime on the current lamp with the Miser. I wonder if anyone has flashed a lamp with a Miser. Hope the stocks of these last forever.

Last edited:

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTB AW's Softstart for SF Z58/41

I've never heard anyone flashed a bulb with miser...but i must say 1 miser died while running 2 liion setup and 3A bulb but on the other hand, running P90 bulb on miser works fine for months now. The difference is in amps drawn and miser is sensitive on high drain. I've meassured (sort off) the start time on AW softstarter in Maglite and miser in 9P flashlight and i can tell you there is now soft ramp in miser. It goes fast, almost instantly to max blast (too bad it's a first mode).
My idea is to get this AW for SF tailcaps so i can use high power bulbs (300lm+) instead of LED but with todays modern chemistry cells, softstart is let's say a must if you want to keep now rare bulbs alive as long as possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts