• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

WTB: Surefire z54 matte black e series twisty tailcap

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
euroken, let me know if this helps. This is one of my E2e-BK-HA lights that originally came without the Z61, but a matte black hard anodized version of the Z54. You can also see it has the early 2000's two flats style body. You're looking for this twisty switch. This is likely a 2002 light. Maybe produced originally in 1999 or 2000 and then anodize later, or produced in 2002 or 2003 and anodized right away, who knows. I recently caught wind of some other thing SF was doing with certain lights and if it comes true I'll be posting about it in the incan or general forum in the next week or two. It actually blew my mind that I'd never seen it before and I'm pretty aware that Surefire was doing all kinds of crazy things in the past with lights.

It's amazing because the type III black HA finish on these old Surefires looks nothing like the later matte black finish. It's almost polished to look like type II finish.

Last edited:

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast
euroken, let me know if this helps. This is one of my E2e-BK-HA lights that originally came without the Z61, but a matte black hard anodized version of the Z54. You can also see it has the early 2000's two flats style body. You're looking for this twisty switch. This is likely a 2002 light. Maybe produced originally in 1999 or 2000 and then anodize later, or produced in 2002 or 2003 and anodized right away, who knows. I recently caught wind of some other thing SF was doing with certain lights and if it comes true I'll be posting about it in the incan or general forum in the next week or two. It actually blew my mind that I'd never seen it before and I'm pretty aware that Surefire was doing all kinds of crazy things in the past with lights.

It's amazing because the type III black HA finish on these old Surefires looks nothing like the later matte black finish. It's almost polished to look like type II finish.

Yep, that's exactly the one! Thanks for your help!

jmarsh86

Newly Enlightened
I have an E2D for sale on my thread. Perfect condition with the tailcap