• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

WTS: D25Cvn Ti - The Micro Searchlight

lumentia

Enlightened
These these are selling well. Lots of people came back for second and third. XPG2 PDT is most popular!
I have a V1 and it punches way above its size. Out throws stock lights way bigger.The news version with drivervn should do even better.

Mine is a fiat lux and has an absolutely gorgeous beam and tint. I'm thinking of sending it in for a driver vn upgrade but obviously keeping the emitter.

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a V1 and it punches way above its size. Out throws stock lights way bigger.The news version with drivervn should do even better.

Mine is a fiat lux and has an absolutely gorgeous beam and tint. I'm thinking of sending it in for a driver vn upgrade but obviously keeping the emitter.
My V1 is a Fiat Lux and I agree the beam and tint are perfect.

LAtraffic

Newly Enlightened
Paypal sent
D25cvnTi 120 +
+5 (thick solder filling)
+5 (V54 engraving (medium)
+10 XML2 U4 Dome on

I have lost count of how many of these you have done for me. Somewhere around 6 I think .

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Paypal sent
D25cvnTi 120 +
+5 (thick solder filling)
+5 (V54 engraving (medium)
+10 XML2 U4 Dome on

I have lost count of how many of these you have done for me. Somewhere around 6 I think .

You probaly hold record for 3rd place.

2nd placed order liek 7-8.

1st place order 20 LOL

LAtraffic

Newly Enlightened
I'm just excited to get my first, lol

Congratulations, it is an incredible light. The D25cvnti was recommended to me by some of the members here as "the ultimate wow light" do to its output vs size. Boy does it deliver. Just be careful whom you show it off to, or you may be ordering a half a dozen for your coworkers and friends like me. :buddies:

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Possible to send an aluminum on or 2 and keep the UI so that I can have moonlight?

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
D25Cvn V3
- Both version will have a Max high of ~4.5A and ~ 1500 LED Lumen with XPL 5700K
- High Quality IMR16340 Only
- All LEDs mounted on copper
- Runs 2-3 minutes until uncomfortably hot to hold with fresh charged cells.

All D25Cvn gets DriverVN

$??? Send you an Aluminum version

Pick Your Options:

+$10 XPL 4000K
+$5 Thick Solder filled inside brass pill
+$5 V54 Engraved

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast
For what it's worth, Mr. Nguyen, I also would be interested in an Aluminum version.

I like them better than Ti for the heat management. Especially when it's a pocket rocket like this one!

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast
For what it's worth, Mr. Nguyen, I also would be interested in an Aluminum version.

I like them better than Ti for the heat management. Especially when it's a pocket rocket like this one!

Fwiw the Ti is a gorgeous light. Anybody post what kinda thermal management the aluminum version has. I posted somewhere im this thread that the Ti gets like just under 2 minutes on turbo I think. How much more time does anyone think the aluminum will get. The light packs such a big punch for a little guy. I was hoping to get an S1 to do a comparison between them. Anyone have both and can give their thoughts?

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
D25Cvn V3
- Both version will have a Max high of ~4.5A and ~ 1500 LED Lumen with XPL 5700K

All D25Cvn gets DriverVN

Pick Your Options:

+$10 XPL 4000K
+$5 V54 Engraved

Aluminum light coming from eBay headed your way! Let me know. Thanks!

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
D25Cvn V3

All D25Cvn gets DriverVN

Pick Your Options:

+$10 XPL 4000K
+$5 V54 Engraved

Should have the Al version tomorrow in your hands.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
D25Cvn V3

All D25Cvn gets DriverVN

Pick Your Options:

+$10 XPL 4000K
+$5 V54 Engraved

Looks like it made it to you according to the tracking. Let me know the cost. Thanks!

cspence

Newly Enlightened
Newbie here and I admittedly know very little about flashlights. I stumbled across candlepower forums and Vinh's work by chance in some google searches for bright flashlights. This was a little over a week ago and since then I've been lurking trying to make sense of everything. In any case, I've really grown fond of this D25Cvn light but also have taken a liking to the newer Toolvn. What do you guys think the better light? I'm looking for a small EDC bright/floody light.This one ,with the XPL emitter seems put out more light, but being titanium, it appears that it heats up a rather good amount. The Toolvn being aluminum manages heat better and seems to put out a pretty good amount of light and looks to be even smaller than the D25Cvn. Cost is fairly neutral...just really stuck as to which will fit the bill best for me. Which one would you experts recommend for this newb? :wave:

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Newbie here and I admittedly know very little about flashlights. I stumbled across candlepower forums and Vinh's work by chance in some google searches for bright flashlights. This was a little over a week ago and since then I've been lurking trying to make sense of everything. In any case, I've really grown fond of this D25Cvn light but also have taken a liking to the newer Toolvn. What do you guys think the better light? I'm looking for a small EDC bright/floody light.This one ,with the XPL emitter seems put out more light, but being titanium, it appears that it heats up a rather good amount. The Toolvn being aluminum manages heat better and seems to put out a pretty good amount of light and looks to be even smaller than the D25Cvn. Cost is fairly neutral...just really stuck as to which will fit the bill best for me. Which one would you experts recommend for this newb? :wave:

I EDC the XPG2 PDTc version and love it. It throws excellent for it's size and puts out a good amount if lumens. The XPG2 heats fairly fast so I would imagine the XPL would heat up even faster. I would recommend the XPG2 PDTc because it throws much further than the other LEDs and with its 16340 battery size, the ouput vs. battery life is pretty good. With 1500 lumens out of the XPL, it must deplete the cell pretty quickly. But if you want max brightness than go XPL. You said bright/floody but in my opinion the XPG2 has good spill from this reflector, it's not a pencil beam. The other light to look at for a floody beam would be the SL2Cvn XML2 U4. It has a very bright floody beam profile. It's a little larger than the D25Cvn but definitely small enough to EDC.

cspence

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the feedback. The SL2Cvn looks to be a nice light as well...to many choices! Lol

MikeVA76

Newly Enlightened
I have the Xpg2 version as well. It was my first Vinh light and is still my favorite. I edc it and it blows people's minds everytime I fire it up. So much useful light in such a small package.

Mike

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I EDC the XPG2 PDTc version and love it. It throws excellent for it's size and puts out a good amount if lumens. The XPG2 heats fairly fast so I would imagine the XPL would heat up even faster. I would recommend the XPG2 PDTc because it throws much further than the other LEDs and with its 16340 battery size, the ouput vs. battery life is pretty good. With 1500 lumens out of the XPL, it must deplete the cell pretty quickly. But if you want max brightness than go XPL. You said bright/floody but in my opinion the XPG2 has good spill from this reflector, it's not a pencil beam. The other light to look at for a floody beam would be the SL2Cvn XML2 U4. It has a very bright floody beam profile. It's a little larger than the D25Cvn but definitely small enough to EDC.
I love my SL2Cvn! Have the XP-L 4000k triple and the 219c triple is on its way. Also have the d25c with XML2 4000k on its way as well.

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast
To CSpence up above:

Thing about the TOOLvn--it's a wonderful light and a great WOW light. But the 10440 battery holds *very* little capacity. You are not going to be able to use it on anything like high for very long.

Part of the problem here is that Li-Ion makers lie about their capacities. I mean, I hate to put it so bluntly, but that's basically it.

So the top end for a quality 16340 IMR is going to be around 550mah, maybe 600mah, not the 700 that some print on their labels.

And the capacity of a 10440? No way is it 400mah. I will be amazed to see that any of them have more than 200mah, 250mah tops.

So you should figure that the 16340 format has about 3 times the capacity of the 10440 format.

Run times will be very short for the TOOL. A great back-up light, a great show-off light, but not the one to get you home.